U11,u12,u13 playing time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In all honestly, if we are asked to spend valuable time playing in a tournament with the b team then I would expect said player to play and start. This is something that coaches should be really up front about. The situation has only happened once where she agreed to play with the B team (at extreme urging from the coach) and did not start. We felt it was a total waste of time and she did not play with them again. Ultimately they ended up forfeiting games because they couldn't scrape up enough players and players that might otherwise have stepped up were turned off by the coaching choices.

I doubt many players or parents desire to waste their time and / or money guest playing if there is no playing time. This holds true for the B team player guest playing with the A team too. Guest players should always receive playing time. Beware if the guest player need is ongoing and stems from the team being short players (been there done that). At some point you may want to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Funny, they do the same thing in Eugene. And it's usually the top A players too...but the B team doesn't have many subs so I guess that's the reasoning. although the A team doesn't have many subs either & they sure don't bring up 5 of our B team players to play in the A games... sounds like many clubs focus on wins and only really care about the A team players development. maybe that's just the way all club soccer is. In Eugene, there's nowhere to really switch to so you're stuck with what you get.
      I would try Corvallis. That's a doable drive from Eugene?

Comment

I would try Corvallis. That's a doable drive from Eugene?
        or carpool with the other Eugene girl already driving to salem

Comment

or carpool with the other Eugene girl already driving to salem
          What about the PFA teams? I would play on one of those teams before I would play ETFC B if they truly bring girls down.

Comment

Funny, they do the same thing in Eugene. And it's usually the top A players too...but the B team doesn't have many subs so I guess that's the reasoning. although the A team doesn't have many subs either & they sure don't bring up 5 of our B team players to play in the A games... sounds like many clubs focus on wins and only really care about the A team players development. maybe that's just the way all club soccer is. In Eugene, there's nowhere to really switch to so you're stuck with what you get.
            This isn't entirely true. My friend's daughter plays on the B team and has been brought up to play with the A team several times this season. And from what she's told me several Eugene B team players have been given this opportunity.

Comment

depends on where the the two teams are. Is A in premier and the B team a second div team in Champions league? Two division drop is just too much

Comment

Quintessential FCP! It's pathetic that the parents buy into their marketing BS and want to be associated with a club that only cares about wins and manipulating rosters to achieve the game results they want. They don't develop players, they don't care about the individual players (how many times has the coach actually had a meaningful conversation with your player there?), and their rhetoric about earning your spot on the A team week to week is a load of BS and a façade for justifying their end goal to win games. It's absolutely disgusting what they are doing to the kids, but what's more disgusting is that the parents buy into the marketing BS and can't think for themselves. Do you really think that your kid is going to try out with her teammates for a D1 or D2 program? Absolutely not! Having played D1 myself, I know this not to be true. Think for yourself, go where the coach cares, go where the training is top notch (where the training is not all tactical but balanced with technical), and go where your kid is happy and loving the game.
                Our experience at FCP was pretty much opposite of the above. Very good training, they definitely developed players and they did care about the individuals. My daughter and several of her teammates are playing at D1 and D2 schools so I am not sure where your information is coming from.

Comment

Our experience at FCP was pretty much opposite of the above. Very good training, they definitely developed players and they did care about the individuals. My daughter and several of her teammates are playing at D1 and D2 schools so I am not sure where your information is coming from.
                  They don't have "information". They just hate it that their DD got left behind on a crummy team at a crummy club when all the best players left for FCP.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X