Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are definitely right about ECNL and especially ECNL now that BU is in the league is much weaker so to waste your $ is foolish. But the NPL is a really really weak now, I think even weaker than CDL was. Because it's club based there are some very weak teams. There simply aren't close to enough top level clubs that have strong teams in every age group. Great idea but in Fl the league is a joke and most college coaches only pick and choose the games they will attend because in so many cases there are rec teams playing. At least at this point in time FSPL is a way more competitive league.
    Absolutely. The Florida Premier League/NPL has only Florida clubs and the ECNL teams are sending C teams. It's a good league but tired of people putting it on a scale with ECNL or the FSPL where teams must earn their way in by their record. Most FPL/NPL teams end up registering for a second league so they can qualify for State Cup. College coaches notice the FPL/NPL players at State Cup or other tournaments, not usually a FPL game.

Comment

Absolutely. The Florida Premier League/NPL has only Florida clubs and the ECNL teams are sending C teams. It's a good league but tired of people putting it on a scale with ECNL or the FSPL where teams must earn their way in by their record. Most FPL/NPL teams end up registering for a second league so they can qualify for State Cup. College coaches notice the FPL/NPL players at State Cup or other tournaments, not usually a FPL game.
      Seriously.... Fspl is garbage in rising u14 g. Your telling me that a team that wins only 1 game in 1st round of state cup and is 1 of only 3 teams in whole state that doesn't move on to 2nd round of state cup has "earned" to play in fspl! That "fspl" team played 2nd division in tournaments all year and did nothing in them, but their doc is on committee that selects teams for fspl and somehow they made league. It's pure trash. Fspl is not very good, all good teams in this age group are not doing it. Not sure of other groups, but this one has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Comment

Seriously.... Fspl is garbage in rising u14 g. Your telling me that a team that wins only 1 game in 1st round of state cup and is 1 of only 3 teams in whole state that doesn't move on to 2nd round of state cup has "earned" to play in fspl! That "fspl" team played 2nd division in tournaments all year and did nothing in them, but their doc is on committee that selects teams for fspl and somehow they made league. It's pure trash. Fspl is not very good, all good teams in this age group are not doing it. Not sure of other groups, but this one has left a bad taste in my mouth.
        Can an ECNL team play in another USYSC league? Do ECNL teams play in the FSPL or Florida State Cup?

Comment

Most clubs in NPL are sending their 2nd teams due to 1st teams playing R3PL, FSPL and now ECNL. So NPL is for sure VERY DILUTED! College coaches will be recruiting from FSPL and ECNL. Not NPL.

The correct descriptive term is "NPL Piercing".

Comment

I agree that the U14G group is not as strong as one might expect. It's not fair though to judge FSPL by that group due to many factors.
            - That age group's state cup tournament was extremely thin to begin with due in large part to the fact that it's the first year for state cup and many teams don't know if they're ready to step up. I know for a fact that there were teams playing in region cups that are better than several of the state cup teams in that age group.
            - U14 is also the first year for ECNL so some top teams that just played and finished high at state cup are moving on.
            - Top finishers at State Cup are invited to play SRPL and some did in fact leave for that
            - There are clubs that are committed to NPL and don't want their younger girls playing two full schedules.

The bottom line... This age group is volatile for a number of reasons that effect FSPL but don't be surprised when teams you expect to be easily at or near the top struggle with teams that you think are the weak links.

Comment

I agree that the U14G group is not as strong as one might expect. It's not fair though to judge FSPL by that group due to many factors.
              - That age group's state cup tournament was extremely thin to begin with due in large part to the fact that it's the first year for state cup and many teams don't know if they're ready to step up. I know for a fact that there were teams playing in region cups that are better than several of the state cup teams in that age group.
              - U14 is also the first year for ECNL so some top teams that just played and finished high at state cup are moving on.
              - Top finishers at State Cup are invited to play SRPL and some did in fact leave for that
              - There are clubs that are committed to NPL and don't want their younger girls playing two full schedules.

The bottom line... This age group is volatile for a number of reasons that effect FSPL but don't be surprised when teams you expect to be easily at or near the top struggle with teams that you think are the weak links.
              interesting arguments for the reasons that U14G FSPL is weak but not true!! You must not know the particular group for making these comments ..

The rising U14G did not have an "extremely thin"group st State cup!!! the best of the best showed up there and the best of the best won it .. and the final 16 teams were really the best teams out there. I don't know of any teams that played Regions instead of State and are worthy of a top 8 finish.
              The ECNL has affected FSPL and most of the good teams that are not even part of ECNL panicked and bailed out for other leagues .. SRPL is an example.

NPL\FPL will actually be stronger this year than FSPL (at U14G) with the top teams from FC Florida, FKK (I think), Pinecrest (playing under Kendall), Weston, Chargers and TBU. The ECNL clubs will have their 2nd teams, JFC, OCYS and WFF.

Comment

The FSPL U14G is not garbage. The top 12 teams will be very good. A couple of teams that will be at the bottom deserve to be in the league based on last years performance, but they lost a lot of players and will be very weak this year. The bottom two teams deserve to be in because they are better than the only two teams not selected. The top 12 teams in the league will be top 20 in the state. The bottom four are still top 50. That is a solid league by any standard. FSPL is not the best league for teams from Florida. The National and Regional Leagues are clearly for the best teams. If your team is not in one of those leagues, then you have no business disparaging this group. If it is, why do you care? This league is better than any other open league in the state.

Comment

Can an ECNL team play in another USYSC league? Do ECNL teams play in the FSPL or Florida State Cup?
                  They can, but they won't. They have 18 league games and 3 ECNL national showcase events. In addition there is post-season play for most teams U15 or above.

Comment

The FSPL U14G is not garbage. The top 12 teams will be very good. A couple of teams that will be at the bottom deserve to be in the league based on last years performance, but they lost a lot of players and will be very weak this year. The bottom two teams deserve to be in because they are better than the only two teams not selected. The top 12 teams in the league will be top 20 in the state. The bottom four are still top 50. That is a solid league by any standard. FSPL is not the best league for teams from Florida. The National and Regional Leagues are clearly for the best teams. If your team is not in one of those leagues, then you have no business disparaging this group. If it is, why do you care? This league is better than any other open league in the state.
                    FSPL is not garbage .. it will however be missing 6-8 out of the top 10 teams in the state. Some other teams which are also claiming a top 10 spot in the state will be at FSPL .. Davie, Weston, TBU, Clay County and may be Sunrise, Lakeland and WP are very close to that group.
                    So FESA, JFC, BOCA, WFF (1st team), FC Florida, FKK, Pinecrest, and OCYS are not in FSPL.

NPL is also a competitive league with Pinecrest and FC Florida as the top 2 teams. Close to them will be Weston, Chargers, TBU and JFC storm

Comment

interesting arguments for the reasons that U14G FSPL is weak but not true!! You must not know the particular group for making these comments ..

The rising U14G did not have an "extremely thin"group st State cup!!! the best of the best showed up there and the best of the best won it .. and the final 16 teams were really the best teams out there. I don't know of any teams that played Regions instead of State and are worthy of a top 8 finish.
                      The ECNL has affected FSPL and most of the good teams that are not even part of ECNL panicked and bailed out for other leagues .. SRPL is an example.

NPL\FPL will actually be stronger this year than FSPL (at U14G) with the top teams from FC Florida, FKK (I think), Pinecrest (playing under Kendall), Weston, Chargers and TBU. The ECNL clubs will have their 2nd teams, JFC, OCYS and WFF.
                      I used the term "extremely thin" in reference to the depth of the entire group not the quality of the top 16. Maybe I should have been more clear but 32 of the 35 teams in the tournament made the second round. That's thin. In fact, you could make a decent case that there were no more than 20-25 teams that really belonged there. When a bunch don't hang around for the reasons I mentioned previously, you are left with what you have now in FSPL.
                      And to be clear, I didn't say teams at regions would be top 8, I said there were teams at regions that were superior to many teams at state cup. Those teams are there and you have a deeper, more competitive tournament and perhaps a better pool from which to draw for FSPL this year.

Comment

I used the term "extremely thin" in reference to the depth of the entire group not the quality of the top 16. Maybe I should have been more clear but 32 of the 35 teams in the tournament made the second round. That's thin. In fact, you could make a decent case that there were no more than 20-25 teams that really belonged there. When a bunch don't hang around for the reasons I mentioned previously, you are left with what you have now in FSPL.
                        And to be clear, I didn't say teams at regions would be top 8, I said there were teams at regions that were superior to many teams at state cup. Those teams are there and you have a deeper, more competitive tournament and perhaps a better pool from which to draw for FSPL this year.
                        Ok I understand your point but how is this really compared to other age groups? I mean extending the state cup to 32 teams you should expect to find a lot of mediocre teams.

At least from Region A, I don't see any teams that went to Region Cup and are better than any of the state cup teams .. which teams are you referring to?

Comment

The ECNL is sending their C teams to NPL? that's a laugh and absolutely incorrect. Why spread such garbage? I've listed the teams from both leagues identifying which has their #1 (A) or #2 (B) teams there. None have a "C" team playing in either league that I can identify. I'm open to being corrected so slam away!

I’d say most of these clubs have only one team, but will sort them out accordingly if not:
                          1st team (A), 2nd team (B), etc. This example is from rising U18 girls (all bets are off if my columns don't line up after I hit submit).

FSPL NPL

Weston - 1st team Weston – 1st team
                          West Pines –1st team FKK – 1st team
                          Florida Force – 1st team Space Coast – 1st team
                          Florida Fire – 1st team JFC – 2nd team
                          GTBFC – 1st team Kendall – 1st team
                          TBU e – 2nd team TBU e – 2nd team
                          Braden River – 1st team PDA – 1st team
                          IMG – 1st team IMG – 1st team
                          Lakeland – 1st team OC – 2nd team
                          Team Boca – 1st team WFF – 2nd team

Now before you slam NPL for having four “B” teams from the larger clubs playing in NPL, note that three of the largest clubs JFC, WFF and OC have ECNL – so obviously their best players (1st team) play on those teams. And before you think their 2nd teams don’t match up, well, I have to say WFF’s doesn’t. They came in 8th in the NPL, and lo and behold, 1st in the CDL league. Enough said about WFF, except to say that Lakeland who also plays in the FSPL came in 2nd in the CDL below WFF. I expected more out of WFF. As to the others, JFC’s first team played in National League last year and I’m assuming that team will play in the ECNL now that their club has it. Their club also joined the NPL this year so they must be putting together a new team for this league. Should prove interesting. OC’s second team played in the Rd 16 at SC so they had the opportunity to join FSPL this year but apparently have chosen not to. Weston, IMG and TBU-Elite, all are playing in both leagues. Most all teams are very competitive. Can we stop the stupid talk about which league is better? One thing seems clear, you can only gauge which league is better by looking at the teams in each age group and gender and that changes from year to year. Yes we all know you get into these leagues differently, if that is the only beef, I think the discussion should be done.

Comment

Ok I understand your point but how is this really compared to other age groups? I mean extending the state cup to 32 teams you should expect to find a lot of mediocre teams.

At least from Region A, I don't see any teams that went to Region Cup and are better than any of the state cup teams .. which teams are you referring to?
                            I enjoy these threads, but really at the U14 level you it matters not the league is still good, but there is a Still of a ton of attrition coming in the next two years so the talent level will be changing over the next two years...still too early to gage talent at U14 as girls are still developing.

Comment

The ECNL is sending their C teams to NPL? that's a laugh and absolutely incorrect. Why spread such garbage? I've listed the teams from both leagues identifying which has their #1 (A) or #2 (B) teams there. None have a "C" team playing in either league that I can identify. I'm open to being corrected so slam away!

I’d say most of these clubs have only one team, but will sort them out accordingly if not:
                              1st team (A), 2nd team (B), etc. This example is from rising U18 girls (all bets are off if my columns don't line up after I hit submit).

FSPL NPL

Weston - 1st team Weston – 1st team
                              West Pines –1st team FKK – 1st team
                              Florida Force – 1st team Space Coast – 1st team
                              Florida Fire – 1st team JFC – 2nd team
                              GTBFC – 1st team Kendall – 1st team
                              TBU e – 2nd team TBU e – 2nd team
                              Braden River – 1st team PDA – 1st team
                              IMG – 1st team IMG – 1st team
                              Lakeland – 1st team OC – 2nd team
                              Team Boca – 1st team WFF – 2nd team

Now before you slam NPL for having four “B” teams from the larger clubs playing in NPL, note that three of the largest clubs JFC, WFF and OC have ECNL – so obviously their best players (1st team) play on those teams. And before you think their 2nd teams don’t match up, well, I have to say WFF’s doesn’t. They came in 8th in the NPL, and lo and behold, 1st in the CDL league. Enough said about WFF, except to say that Lakeland who also plays in the FSPL came in 2nd in the CDL below WFF. I expected more out of WFF. As to the others, JFC’s first team played in National League last year and I’m assuming that team will play in the ECNL now that their club has it. Their club also joined the NPL this year so they must be putting together a new team for this league. Should prove interesting. OC’s second team played in the Rd 16 at SC so they had the opportunity to join FSPL this year but apparently have chosen not to. Weston, IMG and TBU-Elite, all are playing in both leagues. Most all teams are very competitive. Can we stop the stupid talk about which league is better? One thing seems clear, you can only gauge which league is better by looking at the teams in each age group and gender and that changes from year to year. Yes we all know you get into these leagues differently, if that is the only beef, I think the discussion should be done.

Its really to early to tell as each of the clubs have had major attrition due to player movement...get back to me in 2 months.

Comment

Its really to early to tell as each of the clubs have had major attrition due to player movement...get back to me in 2 months.
                                Space Ghost messed up! WHY NPL Again Scott? WTH????
                                We had a chance to apply for R3PL and were guaranteed FSPL but you did not even apply! WHY!!!???
                                Now we are stuck in NPL with mostly 2nd rated teams.
                                This about point hogging?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X