Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    True. Dilution.... NPL got off well and then FSPL came along sucking out the talent ....and R3PL pulls the top.... plus now that Both FSPL and R3PL are expanding to multiple divisions it gets thinner and thinner..... Just wait, in another year or two the next best thing will come along....
    What are talking about? FSPL has only 1 division per age group. That experiment failed last year. The teams are largely made up of final 16 teams from State Cup, so it is a league based largely on merit and not membership to a certain club that most likely is not that good of a team, otherwise they would have made FSPL. If any of the final state cup 16 teams opt out of FSPL, then the next best teams are invited to fill the spot or spots, based again on merit. That is why NPL exists, because they could not make the final 16 of State Cup or on merit, but they also wanted to be exclusive.

Comment

No larger clubs want a Promotion/Relegation system. Would have to prove it on the field

Comment

NPL sucks!!!

It is a club based league, so if a club has a weak team in an age group that age group will have little competition.

Promotion/ relegation is the way for better competition!!!!
        Yes please bring the USA league into this conversation.
        I did not mention that crappy league.

BUT the best league in the world uses Promotion/ Relegation!!!!

Comment

I did not mention that crappy league.

BUT the best league in the world uses Promotion/ Relegation!!!!
          Yes they do. P/R can work well. The problem come in the fact that the clubs do not control a player after each season. A player can club hop every year. That is why there is no focus on development just win at all cost.

If the club had more control of a player a P/R system would work well.

Comment

Yes please bring the USA league into this conversation.
            But for very few teams, USA is basically a rec league. These are top leagues in the state:

1. FSPL
            2. NPL, barely over the next group
            3. Region B league (can't remember the name), CDL, SFYSL
            4. USA, barely over the next group
            5. Whatever the Rec league is named in your area

USA is way behind the 3rd group.

Comment

True. Dilution.... NPL got off well and then FSPL came along sucking out the talent ....and R3PL pulls the top.... plus now that Both FSPL and R3PL are expanding to multiple divisions it gets thinner and thinner..... Just wait, in another year or two the next best thing will come along....
              hahahahaha ! seriously? FYSA is so concerned they are losing teams in the FSPL they have been allowing teams that didn't make it to Rd16 into its league. Talk about posers! Look, the NPL is club based. Our club plays in the NPL and no our teams aren't structured by calendar year; but yes we are able to moves players between teams if we need to and it is an option that is available. Clubs w/DA or ECNL send their second teams to NPL - only means that kids not making the DA team or ECNL team are on those teams. Realizing that DA clubs don't always have ECNL and obviously visa-versa, so you often get the DA club's A teams of girls, and the ECNL club's A team of boys if they aren't playing in R3, or FSPL, but even then they often play in another league, i.e. NPL. Some clubs actually prefer the US Club Soccer set up so the club can keep their teams traveling to the same location / same dates, etc., which is why so many of the larger clubs are in the NPL to begin with.

Comment

NPL is no different than what CDL was when it was created. An elitist, exclusionary league that was put together to be just that, elitist and exclusionary so people can puff out their chests and say I'm part of...
                I'm not saying there aren't quality teams in the league but if their is no merit based inclusion or growth you will end up with years where you have significant power imbalances and there's certainly nothing elite about that.

Comment

U15 boys looks very weak. Mostly made up of B teams and teams that didn't make it out of the 2nd round or even the 1st round of state cup.

Comment

U15 boys looks very weak. Mostly made up of B teams and teams that didn't make it out of the 2nd round or even the 1st round of state cup.
                    State cup can be an idicator, but is one tournament. Yes u15 boys bottom 2/3 is not good. Average 50 rank got soccer for all teams. Dilution still an issue for all leagues. FSPL u15 only averages 21 got soccer all teams, with some top 20 teams doing other things.

Comment

Most clubs in NPL are sending their 2nd teams due to 1st teams playing R3PL, FSPL and now ECNL. So NPL is for sure VERY DILUTED! College coaches will be recruiting from FSPL and ECNL. Not NPL.

Comment

NPL is no different than what CDL was when it was created. An elitist, exclusionary league that was put together to be just that, elitist and exclusionary so people can puff out their chests and say I'm part of...
                        I'm not saying there aren't quality teams in the league but if their is no merit based inclusion or growth you will end up with years where you have significant power imbalances and there's certainly nothing elite about that.
                        NPL = New CDL and New FLUGSA on the girls side.
                        B Teams are playing here now

Comment

Yes they do. P/R can work well. The problem come in the fact that the clubs do not control a player after each season. A player can club hop every year. That is why there is no focus on development just win at all cost.

If the club had more control of a player a P/R system would work well.
                          Bunch of idiots talking about promotion and relegation in youth soccer and wonder why we can't produce world class players. Let's just put a greater emphasis on winning and results because our idiot parents can't tell if our kids are actually developing any other way.

Comment

Most clubs in NPL are sending their 2nd teams due to 1st teams playing R3PL, FSPL and now ECNL. So NPL is for sure VERY DILUTED! College coaches will be recruiting from FSPL and ECNL. Not NPL.
                            No Clue, I know 3 college coach's and have talked to others NPL is followed... in fact they don't limit themselves to just ECNL or FSPL...that would be foolish not all the best players play in ECNL as quoted by them, not everyone has the $$ or time to get to those locations for practice...I have had 2 coach's say don't waste your money on ECNL....so you really don't know what you are talking about.

Comment

No Clue, I know 3 college coach's and have talked to others NPL is followed... in fact they don't limit themselves to just ECNL or FSPL...that would be foolish not all the best players play in ECNL as quoted by them, not everyone has the $$ or time to get to those locations for practice...I have had 2 coach's say don't waste your money on ECNL....so you really don't know what you are talking about.
                              and one more point they recruit as far down as FYSA...talent is talent at any level. and if your kid is a prima donna, they know that as well!

Comment

You are definitely right about ECNL and especially ECNL now that BU is in the league is much weaker so to waste your $ is foolish. But the NPL is a really really weak now, I think even weaker than CDL was. Because it's club based there are some very weak teams. There simply aren't close to enough top level clubs that have strong teams in every age group. Great idea but in Fl the league is a joke and most college coaches only pick and choose the games they will attend because in so many cases there are rec teams playing. At least at this point in time FSPL is a way more competitive league.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X