Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Once DA and ECNL came along it turned ODP into a joke made up of second and third tier players. It's unfortunate, but the real talented players don't concern themselves with ODP anymore. It's good the players on the lower end of the talent spectrum have something to shoot for though.
    The DA/ECNL delusional strikes again.

Comment

DA I am so sick of hearing DA. I was told that if my son did not go play pre academy this year there was no way he would make DA next year. Kinda defeats the purpose of DA if you are excluding kids from DA if they don't play for your club this year. I thought the Idea for DA was to have the most talented kids in the program. It is just like, I would expect my kid to sit on the bench if 10 other players showed up to tryouts, that were better than my son.

Comment

DA I am so sick of hearing DA. I was told that if my son did not go play pre academy this year there was no way he would make DA next year. Kinda defeats the purpose of DA if you are excluding kids from DA if they don't play for your club this year. I thought the Idea for DA was to have the most talented kids in the program. It is just like, I would expect my kid to sit on the bench if 10 other players showed up to tryouts, that were better than my son.
        It depends on where your son would be on the team. If he was a borderline player ( meaning 15-18 place on the roster) a coach would probably tell you that you need to be in PA the year before DA so he can get you in the club.

But rest assured, if your kid is a difference maker, they will take him on a DA team if he played REC the year before.

The debate is over that DA is the best place to be for the top talent. Everything else is second and third tier. Like ODP.

Comment

IF there is any doubt, try going to a DA showcase and ask yourself if that is where all the talent is.

The place is thick with National team scouts and D1 college coaches falling all over themselves. Up to 100 coaches watching a game.

you don't get that anywhere else in this Country.

Comment

It depends on where your son would be on the team. If he was a borderline player ( meaning 15-18 place on the roster) a coach would probably tell you that you need to be in PA the year before DA so he can get you in the club.

But rest assured, if your kid is a difference maker, they will take him on a DA team if he played REC the year before.

The debate is over that DA is the best place to be for the top talent. Everything else is second and third tier. Like ODP.
            Our decision was based solely on linguistics this year. We had to really look at the options and weigh them out. But I would hate for my son to be punished next year because of a family issue that can not be resolved in 2 weeks. I am sure my son would have no issue working his way into the starting 11. He plays on a ery competitive team however it is not OCYS or Weston.

I agree that DA is the best place to develop however some of us have to figure out other ways to improve and challenge our children that don't have the option to drive 2 hours each way. ODP is a money making endeavor for FYSA and we all know it.

Comment

The DA/ECNL delusional strikes again.
              It's the "bigger, better deal". Just like CDL when it was formed, then FSL, then NPL and so on and and so on...

Can someone please tell me how long DA and ECNL have been around? Then tell me how you can say that either is definitively the best "developmental" option.

Comment

It's the "bigger, better deal". Just like CDL when it was formed, then FSL, then NPL and so on and and so on...

Can someone please tell me how long DA and ECNL have been around? Then tell me how you can say that either is definitively the best "developmental" option.
                I'm not sure anyone thinks it is the absolute best development option out there. But, it is the best place to be for exposure to National Team Scouts and College Coaches if your kid wants to play at the next level. For that reason, the best players are there at U14 and above.

The development of a player happens mainly before U16 anyway. Put your kid wherever you want from U8-U16 and then get him to a DA club for exposure if he can make it. Maybe at U14 but even that really doesn't matter much.

Comment

I'm not sure anyone thinks it is the absolute best development option out there. But, it is the best place to be for exposure to National Team Scouts and College Coaches if your kid wants to play at the next level. For that reason, the best players are there at U14 and above.

The development of a player happens mainly before U16 anyway. Put your kid wherever you want from U8-U16 and then get him to a DA club for exposure if he can make it. Maybe at U14 but even that really doesn't matter much.
                  I get the exposure angle and, by all means, to each his own with regard to where he/she spends his/her money. I was specifically addressing the number of posts I have read in this thread and others professing the developmental merits.

Comment

I get the exposure angle and, by all means, to each his own with regard to where he/she spends his/her money. I was specifically addressing the number of posts I have read in this thread and others professing the developmental merits.
                    P.S. It doesn't change the fact this is a prime example of the " bigger, better deal" mentality.

Comment

Have your kid play where s/he is developing to the fullest and loving playing. Participate in the extra opportunities of ODP, Id camps,.. Learn, live, love soccer.

Comment

Really?

Really? The debate is over?

Tell that to our U15 team that is nowhere near an Academy geographically. They routinely have college coaches photographing our roster at tournaments, they had one kid sign a contract (with money) with an MLS team, and they have beaten the only two pro academy teams they have played this year, one of which just became national champions of France.

The DA argument is so tiring. It depends on where you live.

Comment

Our decision was based solely on linguistics this year. We had to really look at the options and weigh them out. But I would hate for my son to be punished next year because of a family issue that can not be resolved in 2 weeks. I am sure my son would have no issue working his way into the starting 11. He plays on a ery competitive team however it is not OCYS or Weston.

I agree that DA is the best place to develop however some of us have to figure out other ways to improve and challenge our children that don't have the option to drive 2 hours each way. ODP is a money making endeavor for FYSA and we all know it.
                          "Linguistics"? You mean your kid can't speak English, or he can't speak Spanish? I didn't realize the DA was exclusive of any nationalities.

Comment

Florida 2 won all three games this week.
                            Beat Georgia 2-1
                            Beat North Carolina 1-0
                            Beat South Texas A 2-1

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                              the da/ecnl delusional strikes again.
                              lol!!!!

Comment

Have your kid play where s/he is developing to the fullest and loving playing. Participate in the extra opportunities of ODP, Id camps,.. Learn, live, love soccer.
                                AMEN Brother! or Sister

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X