Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This age group is interesting. My son plays in this age and there are some really good teams and some very talented kids. I've watched these kids come up from U8. The two key factors at this point are... which teams are adding players to make the teams better and what clubs/coaches have been able to make each player better! I would agree that the above teams are a good stab. These teams, I believe are pretty close in overall talent and wins/losses against each other. This year and next year should be key indicator of what's to come down the road. Should be exciting to watch!
    South- West Pines (Saw Kendall and they are also very good but I hear they lost a couple of kids)
    Central- Orlando City (Mostly played up last year, would probably dominate if they played solely own age group)
    Tampa Area - Lutz Rangers though still haven't faced top competition (Saw TBU at several tourneys but they mostly played up against 2nd division tier teams last year. Looks like they lost anytime they faced above average competition)
    North- JYSC (they had a couple of real nice players)

Comment

I am going with the S Florida Swampies

Comment

My guess from seeing teams last season is:
        SE - Key Biscayne, Davie, West Pines, Kendall
        SW - Florida Knights
        Tampa Area - Tampa Bay United
        Orlando Area - OCYS
        Jacksonville area - JYSC and JFC
        Panhandle - who knows
        OC thrashed Key Biscayne 10-1 in May and beat Kendall very easily in the same tournament.
        They beat TBU earlier in the year and now have their top goal keeper on the team. OC owns JYSC and JFC in this age group as they must have a combined record of 10-0 against them over the years. The Knights went to Dallas with some guest players and were lucky to get the one win the got. Second place is wide open but OC should easily win this age group.

Comment

OC thrashed Key Biscayne 10-1 in May and beat Kendall very easily in the same tournament.
          They beat TBU earlier in the year and now have their top goal keeper on the team. OC owns JYSC and JFC in this age group as they must have a combined record of 10-0 against them over the years. The Knights went to Dallas with some guest players and were lucky to get the one win the got. Second place is wide open but OC should easily win this age group.
          Nothing better than the use of the word thrashed when discussing 10 year children. Your mother must really be so proud of you.

Comment

OC recruits so it is hard to compete with academy money , they have a couple of giants kids that frankly will likely be playing football or basketball in 3-4 years because OC academy has no future to produce soccer players. OC is no competition for the other small clubs but that is ok

Comment

OC recruits so it is hard to compete with academy money , they have a couple of giants kids that frankly will likely be playing football or basketball in 3-4 years because OC academy has no future to produce soccer players. OC is no competition for the other small clubs but that is ok
              Is that what you tell yourself to help you sleep at night. What happened did we crush your little Johnny's hopes and dreams? Face is there is an alpha dog in every age group and in this one it is us.

Comment

Is that what you tell yourself to help you sleep at night. What happened did we crush your little Johnny's hopes and dreams? Face is there is an alpha dog in every age group and in this one it is us.
                What a stupid comment, those kids are 10 yrs old!!!. I am saying if you are 5ft 4 at age of 10 physically you will impose yourself. But that will take you so far. At young ages the physical aspect will dominate but as they get older skills will dominate. In a few years that team will look different, when they faced skilled kids in Dallas they fell easily. OC is no alpha dog, they will keep recruiting talent to keep them winning, no development

Comment

It's kind of sad you referred to your son's team as "us". Did you forget that you aren't playing and your 10 year old is? You must be that one dad on your team that the rest of the parents can't stand next to in practices and games.

Comment

It's kind of sad you referred to your son's team as "us". Did you forget that you aren't playing and your 10 year old is? You must be that one dad on your team that the rest of the parents can't stand next to in practices and games.
                    That's their problem, we are here to win.

Comment

My son is in this age group on a top team at his club. When I told a parent I wasn't that concerned about winning and losing and only concerned about development, this parent told me that competitive soccer is about winning, if thats not your concern you should play rec.

I wanted to LOL, but it was sad this is the prevailing thought among a lot of parents.

Comment

My son is in this age group on a top team at his club. When I told a parent I wasn't that concerned about winning and losing and only concerned about development, this parent told me that competitive soccer is about winning, if thats not your concern you should play rec.

I wanted to LOL, but it was sad this is the prevailing thought among a lot of parents.
                        I doubt you team is very top at all. We develop and win at the same time. You just buy the crap your DOC feeds you as to why your team cannot doesn't win.

Comment

I doubt you team is very top at all. We develop and win at the same time. You just buy the crap your DOC feeds you as to why your team cannot doesn't win.
                          Not sure why I bother to reply to these posts, but did you even read what I said? I would rather win less and develop more, thats all I am saying. So regardless of if my sons team went 10-10 last season, or 20-0, isn't really the point I am getting at. I'd rather see more experimentation, more risk taking, more creativity used at this age. We played against many top teams at this age group and an age group up, and across the board at our club and others I don't see a lot of that. Its usually the same kids playing the same positions doing the same things across the board.

Comment

What a stupid comment, those kids are 10 yrs old!!!. I am saying if you are 5ft 4 at age of 10 physically you will impose yourself. But that will take you so far. At young ages the physical aspect will dominate but as they get older skills will dominate. In a few years that team will look different, when they faced skilled kids in Dallas they fell easily. OC is no alpha dog, they will keep recruiting talent to keep them winning, no development
                            Fell easily in Dallas? I call BS on that ridiculous post. They went 4-1 in the Supercopa, made it to the Semifinals, and lost to the eventual champions ( the same team they tied last year in group play). The other team wasn't more skilled. They did however play better than OC on that day. Enough with your recruiting vs. development argument as well. It's total crap. That team has and will continue to develop those players for the years to come. I'm sure if the coaches approached your son to join that team you would turn them down because you want your little player to get more time to "develop". Only problem is.....your son isn't good enough or they would have recruited him already. So enjoy your time at one of the "smaller" clubs/teams in the area and enjoy the shadow of our large feet that you dwell in!

Comment

Fell easily in Dallas? I call BS on that ridiculous post. They went 4-1 in the Supercopa, made it to the Semifinals, and lost to the eventual champions ( the same team they tied last year in group play). The other team wasn't more skilled. They did however play better than OC on that day. Enough with your recruiting vs. development argument as well. It's total crap. That team has and will continue to develop those players for the years to come. I'm sure if the coaches approached your son to join that team you would turn them down because you want your little player to get more time to "develop". Only problem is.....your son isn't good enough or they would have recruited him already. So enjoy your time at one of the "smaller" clubs/teams in the area and enjoy the shadow of our large feet that you dwell in!
                              You refer to this team as "they" and "our" in the same post. If this represents how some of the parents on the Purple 1 team think, thats just pathetic. I know some parents there of Purple 1 and DA players there, and their attitude is nothing like that. Hope you are the exception to most there. Without any of the small clubs dwelling in your large shadow, who would you have to beat up on the path to your son becoming the next Messi?

Comment

Anyone that has the slightest background in soccer - as a player, coach, or even a fan - knows that winning at 9 and 10 does NOT matter. What matters at this age is technical development and tactical awareness. You need to create smart, technical players.

I am not saying winning is not important. If you are with a good coach and the kids are of a certain level, you should win a lot. But I wouldn't get too caught up in who's the best or any of this garbage at this age. Its the wrong approach.

If you are, as you say, winning and developing (although honestly I doubt it, in some ways they are incompatible at this age), then you should still ease up on the testosterone injections if you want your kid to play beyond u14. Putting winning first creates too much pressure and deflates the fun of the game. When the fun leaves, I don't think you understand how quickly kids leave the sport. Take it easy and enjoy your kids. Winning is for adults, not 10 yr olds.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X