X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1603257]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Not sure who joined, but 4 or 5 on last year's team were moved down a level to make room for better players who tried out from other clubs. Roster is on gotsoccer
    Oc has a roster of 20, two coaches, and two keepers. Will split up to cover both NPL and FSPL and bring some B team players along too.

Comment

so where did the 2 best midfielders from WFF go? Chargers DA or other team?

Comment

so where did the 2 best midfielders from WFF go? Chargers DA or other team?
        not sure it was only 2 players that left?

Comment

not sure it was only 2 players that left?
          That was there whole team that left. Everything and I mean everything, went through those two players. All the rest of the players left on that team are average. They are going to have a tough year. Certainly not at the level they have been the last two years.

Comment

That was there whole team that left. Everything and I mean everything, went through those two players. All the rest of the players left on that team are average. They are going to have a tough year. Certainly not at the level they have been the last two years.
            Give me a break. We have plenty of other players. Those two players will have a hard time getting playing time playing up this year especially the one going to mls da.

Comment

Give me a break. We have plenty of other players. Those two players will have a hard time getting playing time playing up this year especially the one going to mls da.
              I watched about 10 games that this team played and every time the two players that left were the ones that made things happen the majority of the time. I know that they still have players, but when you lose that type of talent, it is almost impossible to replace. Maybe those other players will step up, but I highly doubt it, right away. Not saying that they are still not a top ten team, but they will not be top 5, let alone #2, by the end of the year. Just going to be a struggle, is all I am saying. But here's the thing, I believe that it does not matter anyways, those players that are still there, it will be better off for them developmentally because when you have above average talent, like those two players, the other players tend to just watch on a lot of occasions. Now the remaining players will have to search within and push themselves to produce. Could be a better thing for them, but I think it will take them more than a year to get there, if they do.

Comment

I watched about 10 games that this team played and every time the two players that left were the ones that made things happen the majority of the time. I know that they still have players, but when you lose that type of talent, it is almost impossible to replace. Maybe those other players will step up, but I highly doubt it, right away. Not saying that they are still not a top ten team, but they will not be top 5, let alone #2, by the end of the year. Just going to be a struggle, is all I am saying. But here's the thing, I believe that it does not matter anyways, those players that are still there, it will be better off for them developmentally because when you have above average talent, like those two players, the other players tend to just watch on a lot of occasions. Now the remaining players will have to search within and push themselves to produce. Could be a better thing for them, but I think it will take them more than a year to get there, if they do.
                How and why did you watch TEN games? Get a life.

Comment

By U16 the cream has risen to the top. If you didn't make it to DA yet, you should just be happy playing for fun. It is always the parent/coach that wants to make it more than it is at the lower levels. Your kid has 2 more years to enjoy the game. Don't F it up for them.

Comment

I would agree. If they had player of that caliber still there, they would have left for a DA already. I also watched them play a few times last year and also noticed that they had an above average midfield, weak goalie, average defense, one slightly above average forward that benefited from great service in the midfield. It does seem that without their two star midfielders, it is going to put a lot more pressure on their defense/goalie and the forwards will struggle and have to drop back more to help.

Comment

By U16 the cream has risen to the top. If you didn't make it to DA yet, you should just be happy playing for fun. It is always the parent/coach that wants to make it more than it is at the lower levels. Your kid has 2 more years to enjoy the game. Don't F it up for them.
                      Couple of things - some kids develop later and grow in size, speed and ability after 16. It's not common of course bu there are enough examples to make it a valid sample size. Secondly, the fact is that DA is a limited roster. If you think that everyone who didn't make DA can't play at a DA level then of course you're mistaken. There is enough talent to populate multiple DA teams in a the area around most clubs.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1604998]

Oc has a roster of 20, two coaches, and two keepers. Will split up to cover both NPL and FSPL and bring some B team players along too.
                        So is there a de facto Purple I and Purple II?

Comment

Couple of things - some kids develop later and grow in size, speed and ability after 16. It's not common of course bu there are enough examples to make it a valid sample size. Secondly, the fact is that DA is a limited roster. If you think that everyone who didn't make DA can't play at a DA level then of course you're mistaken. There is enough talent to populate multiple DA teams in a the area around most clubs.
                          Way too much emphasis on size in your comment. It won't matter how big and fast Jr gets down the road if you haven't developed the foot skills and field vision. All things being equal you always take the big athlete, obviously.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1605624]

So is there a de facto Purple I and Purple II?
                            Purple and white. And since they each have a roster of 20, yes. Not all white players will help out purple and only when purple has two games in a day.

Comment

Sorry but here in the U.S. size speed pushy rough play they are what they pick. please don't tell me that by U16 up they start to look for skill. Not even the DA looks for that. Here skill means nothing. just look at the national team. some fast strong players but no creative skilled players. they are the ones over looked.

Comment

Stupid Comment

We live nowhere near an academy and we don't care. We have total flexibility to play tournaments all over the country. My kid has never been asked to play at an academy, but he still is getting significant interest from the four or five colleges of his choice. The coaches that have spent the most time with him don't seem to care about DA. There are many paths in life. Any other suggestion is just naive.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X