Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The same reason you care about YOUR kid's team, because that's where their kid plays. Do you think anyone other than parents cares about ANY youth soccer team, including your kid's top in the nation team? Lmao. Why would you ask such a stupid question with an obvious answer? Are you new to youth soccer?
    OUCH!!! . . . . Burn!

So funny but so true. Nobody in the community sits around talking about ANY youth soccer any more than they do travel baseball or football teams. So if you aren't related to kids on the team . . . you don't even know the teams exist. Someone obviously cared enough about that particular tournament to ask a question. Just because you don't care doesn't have any bearing on the question. In fact more people might actually care about this team than the ones you deem important. Deal with it.

Comment

I'm the OP. Thanks for the replies. Thanks for defending me.

I was told by the gate keeper to the only FYSA league within 150 miles of me that this is a rule and my team could not compete because we have a mix of ages with many playing up. I should have read the rules, but I just assumed I was receiving accurate info. Hence my disappointment.

And yes, my team is at the high end of the rec level and we have worked hard to get to the point where they can beat some of the "elite" teams in our region despite the fact that the parents spent a fraction of the cash and the kids spent half the time training. And this season we'll be better. 3/4 of our team plays up, but we have run out of teams at our level who can challenge us and these kids need a bigger challenge to work toward. These aren't chubby kids with parents who can write a check...these are athletes who also try to balance school and their social life. Are they the best soccer players in Florida? No. If soccer is the only yardstick by which someone would judge a kid, then they are not the best (and I'd prefer not to associated with the person holding the yardstick). But if they are judged like the rest of the world judges kids, then they are the absolute best. My team is a mix of great kids who work hard in school, play hard on the soccer field, and participate in activities that benefit our community. This may be because they have broad-minded parents who recognize that soccer isn't the only thing. These are the kids who will run my community when I'm old and I take comfort in that. These kids deserve a shot at more than just local soccer.

Comment

I was told by the gate keeper to the only FYSA league within 150 miles of me that this is a rule and my team could not compete because we have a mix of ages with many playing up. I should have read the rules, but I just assumed I was receiving accurate info. Hence my disappointment.

And yes, my team is at the high end of the rec level and we have worked hard to get to the point where they can beat some of the "elite" teams in our region despite the fact that the parents spent a fraction of the cash and the kids spent half the time training. And this season we'll be better. 3/4 of our team plays up, but we have run out of teams at our level who can challenge us and these kids need a bigger challenge to work toward. These aren't chubby kids with parents who can write a check...these are athletes who also try to balance school and their social life. Are they the best soccer players in Florida? No. If soccer is the only yardstick by which someone would judge a kid, then they are not the best (and I'd prefer not to associated with the person holding the yardstick). But if they are judged like the rest of the world judges kids, then they are the absolute best. My team is a mix of great kids who work hard in school, play hard on the soccer field, and participate in activities that benefit our community. This may be because they have broad-minded parents who recognize that soccer isn't the only thing. These are the kids who will run my community when I'm old and I take comfort in that. These kids deserve a shot at more than just local soccer.
        My kid is a PREMIER player and does all the same things (work hard in school, play hard on the soccer field, and participate in activities that benefit our community). So don't think your kids are all that special. My kid will be leading your kids in the community!

Comment

Then put them in a competitive team or a competitive league. Playing up doesn't provide what you are looking for.

Comment

My son's u10 team played up last year. We just added a u11 to our roster in order to do so. Thats all you have to do.

Comment

The OP here. OK...let me get this straight. Correct me if I am wrong.

The FYSA Region A, B, C, or D Cup is open to Rec teams. (it is intended to be for Rec teams?) And it qualifies you for the President's Cup tournament. A U13 or U15 kid could play on a U15 team that enters in this tournament with little problem.

The State Cup is an entirely different Cup. There, the rules are more rigid. It is for competitive teams. You must have a "pure" team, and coaches with at least a D license.

Do these sound right?

I am interested in entering my rec team in the FYSA Region tournament so they can compete for a chance to play in the President's cup.

Right?

Comment

My kid is a PREMIER player and does all the same things (work hard in school, play hard on the soccer field, and participate in activities that benefit our community). So don't think your kids are all that special. My kid will be leading your kids in the community!
                And I am a douche.... I look down on everyone.

Comment

The FYSA Region A, B, C, or D Cup is open to Rec teams. (it is intended to be for Rec teams?) And it qualifies you for the President's Cup tournament. A U13 or U15 kid could play on a U15 team that enters in this tournament with little problem.

The State Cup is an entirely different Cup. There, the rules are more rigid. It is for competitive teams. You must have a "pure" team, and coaches with at least a D license.

Do these sound right?

I am interested in entering my rec team in the FYSA Region tournament so they can compete for a chance to play in the President's cup.

Right?
                  At the younger ages, I guess u11-u13ish...there are a lot of competitive teams since the state cup doesnt start until they are older. No idea how it is after that since my oldest isnt to that age yet.

Comment

1. The FYSA Region A, B, C, or D Cup is open to Rec teams. (it is intended to be for Rec teams?) And it qualifies you for the President's Cup tournament. A U13 or U15 kid could play on a U15 team that enters in this tournament with little problem.

2. The State Cup is an entirely different Cup. There, the rules are more rigid. It is for competitive teams. You must have a "pure" team, and coaches with at least a D license.

Do these sound right?

Right?
                    1. Region Cup is open to any team is the State, but is intended for those low level D1/ D2 and below teams, including Rec teams. By just playing in Region Cup does not qualify you to play in President's Cup. You have to be the Champion of your Region cup to qualify for President's Cup. A U13 player can play up of a U15, but is frowned upon by FYSA, it is not against the rules.

2. State Cup is open to any team is the State, including Rec teams. Kids can also play up. By rule, a coach with at least a D license is required to be on the roster and on the bench for the entire game/competition.

If you want to take a Rec team to play Region cup, by all means discuss it with your parents and your DOC. Ultimately the DOC will decide. State Cup and Region Cup only accept a registration fee from the club, not individual team checks like other tournaments. The decision has to be made early December. And it you decide to back out after you enter, there is a heavy fine to the club, which will most likely be passed down to your teams.

Comment

I should have known that this was posted by the Glory Whores from Bonita. How about this, instead of "playing up" in Region's Cup this year to play a rec team a year older you can try to play the best competition in the state at STATE CUP.

Comment

Not sure what region you are in or what age group you are talking about but I believe you would have a very togh time beating a true elite team if you are rec and practice half the time that competitive teams do.

Yes there are travel teams that have mediocre talent but those are not elite teams.

So here are a few questions.

What Region are you from?
                        What age group?
                        Boys or girls?
                        Who are these elite teams that you can beat with the chubby kids?

Comment

Why can't kids play up for the regional cup? Why must a team be "pure"?
                          This post is racist.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X