Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Go drive by any town high school field and tell me how many kids you see with a soccer ball or lacrosse stick. Or how many are out there working with private trainers.... plenty of kids having private sessions right now.
    And you think this is acceptable? Therein lies the problem.

Comment

And you think this is acceptable? Therein lies the problem.
      Not acceptable.... point was that’s it’s happening and I am highly doubtful that it is organized by a club coach. It’s the parents.

Comment

Man, people just love to argue for the sake of argument on this site.
        It was the teams coach, plain and simple. Nothing to dispute Chief.
        And you know this because...?? Oh yea someone posted on Talking Soccer which obviously makes it true.

Comment

I would strongly advise you to contact the club director. I’m sure they would not be happy with that individual

Comment

And you know this because...?? Oh yea someone posted on Talking Soccer which obviously makes it true.
            Don’t take my word for it. If you want more info, just call the First Selectman’s office in Oxford. They’ll be happy to confirm it I’m sure. They were very displeased to say the least.

Comment

I would strongly advise you to contact the club director. I’m sure they would not be happy with that individual
              The club owners were contacted by the town in question.

Comment

Yes and provide the name of the “coach”. 😁

Comment

Yes and provide the name of the “coach”. 😁
                  Already done. 😁

Comment

Already done. 😁
                    Should we report the private trainers as well? Club coaches are doing that on the side.

Comment

Should we report the private trainers as well? Club coaches are doing that on the side.
                      Yes absolutely. Why not? Are they “essential”??

Comment

Yes. These people are deliberately going against the directives that the governors have given. All for what? To get in some extra practice for soccer? Guys, if your kid is good they will still be good 5 weeks from now. A few extra sessions during this time will not really do anything. Keep the kids somewhat active, work out and go for a run and hit the ball at a wall and you'll get the same results or better, anyway. We're being asked to do one thing, stay home and avoid others for a short time, three more weeks or so. Lets not pretend we're nelson mandela in solitary confinement here.

Comment

The coach was there running the practice for the team. It was a girls team from a top 3 club (located no where near Oxford HS). Why wouldn’t they do it at their own fields? No one said the club organized it. The coach and parents got mad and argumentative when confronted and asked to disperse.

You didn’t see it so it must not be true?
                          What were you doing there?

Comment

Yes. These people are deliberately going against the directives that the governors have given. All for what? To get in some extra practice for soccer? Guys, if your kid is good they will still be good 5 weeks from now. A few extra sessions during this time will not really do anything. Keep the kids somewhat active, work out and go for a run and hit the ball at a wall and you'll get the same results or better, anyway. We're being asked to do one thing, stay home and avoid others for a short time, three more weeks or so. Lets not pretend we're nelson mandela in solitary confinement here.
                            ^ this! Same with families letting their kids go play basketball or even going to friend's houses. Be a parent and teach your kids this isn't about them but the greater good. Yes it sucks and we're all stressed, but we all have to keep our eye on the goal.

Comment

Hey owners, Coaches and parents of a certain club that won’t be named. Guess what, you’re a bunch of complete idiots. Why on Earth would you be holding a team training session/scrimmage at Oxford High School yesterday? And when confronted about it by a few town residents, and ultimately town officials, your coach/parents then get into it with them and say “that’s fine we’ll just go to Seymour HS instead”. ? Really? Classy move, way to socially distance, and way to garner good PR for your club. I heard that Police were called, governors office called by town officials as well...this club’s owners have some splainin’ to do.

Is this Carole Baskin? Or the Carole Baskin wanna be that closed the Hop Brook Country Club? I know its one of you.

Comment

Yes, and sadly,, one might come to the conclusion that the only way out of this is a complete lockdown in hot pot areas under Martial Law.

Yes,, it is scary to think about it. However if people will not cooperate , and fail to understand that the ONLY way right now to defeat this virus is to stop it from spreading, the Government needs to protect the innocent.

Knowing the “ soccer community “‘ and the type of people that inhabit the space, I am not surprised at all. It attracts the most selfish and smug individuals out there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X