Jeff Cup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You were given enough time to cancel travel. Your fees that go to Jeff Cup are $50-$75. They're trying to find solutions, but the complaining continues.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      It is complete BS. For those clubs who run tournaments, please explain what the overhead is that would prevent 75%+ of team registration refunds from being made.

Here's what I have come up with: Field rentals, referees, marketing and promotion, staffing, both on-site and for registration/vetting, security, food vendors, merchandising.

From what I can see of the above, while some overhead expenses for staffing and marketing may be necessary, everything else should have been cancelled or refunded. I can't imagine with so many teams that it would be more than $100/team for the existing overhead.

Tournaments have been known for a long time to be money-makers for clubs, this proves it. Time to blow this industry up and tell organizers in no-uncertain terms that the BS they pull is over.
      Ok tough guy. As long as college coaches go, teams will go. End of story.

Comment

If your club is going most likely you'll go to. Will you tell your kid they can't go play with their teammates? Will you demand the club give your $65 back? If everything else works for a certain team would you turn down a spot because of Jeff Cup?

Comment

That may be true but I still think that keeping thousands, millions of dollars whatever it may be for not running a tournament is dead wrong.

Comment

That may be true but I still think that keeping thousands, millions of dollars whatever it may be for not running a tournament is dead wrong.
            Not if they still have it.

Comment

As someone who has a child attending an expensive private out-of-state university, I respectfully disagree with your contrarian BS. 2020 is time for you to get a new script.
              Overpaying for a private college makes you an expert how?

Comment

Overpaying for a private college makes you an expert how?
                He will brag about how soccer got his kid a full ride. Athletic full rides are very rare but keep chasing those unicorns if it gives you hope. Meanwhile your kids should use the time off to really buckle down and bring their grades up.

Comment

He will brag about how soccer got his kid a full ride. Athletic full rides are very rare but keep chasing those unicorns if it gives you hope. Meanwhile your kids should use the time off to really buckle down and bring their grades up.
                  What does that even mean? You think the majority of kids are learning in this environment? All of the public schools and many private schools that I am aware of are doing distance learning, but it's BS. Teacher gives some assignments in a google classroom or via email. No lecture, no discussions or interactions with students regarding the lesson. No live chat to provide feedback and answer questions. It's half-baked and honestly, what should have been happening with live classes in session anyway. It is a poor replacement for the schooling kids were getting before the shutdown. The

My kid's private school had distance learning set up due to snow days from a few years ago so their transition to online classes happened within a day of closing. They are on zoom with their teacher and classmates in their respective classes from 8 until 1, monday-friday. Hasn't really missed a beat and is working very well. This is the exception.

Here's the problem. I personally know of two private schools doing the above and 10's of public schools not doing it. In terms of students, we're talking 500 students getting a decent e-learning experience and 10,000+ getting shafted on their education. To then say "kids should work on their grades" is BS. Not 1 in 100 will work on their own to supplement their education.

Comment

Jeff Cup is on for July in a state that is in lockdown until June ......I’m sure this will go over well with people.

Comment

Jeff Cup is on for July in a state that is in lockdown until June ......I’m sure this will go over well with people.
                      Freaking relax would you? It's April. No on one knows what is going to happen in the end of July. I for one am glad that for all the kids trying to get recruited that they haven't cancelled it yet. Tough Spring for Juniors with nothing going on. If the virus isn't cleared up enough by the end of July - so be it - cancel the event. For now just go a day at a time.

Comment

What does that even mean? You think the majority of kids are learning in this environment? All of the public schools and many private schools that I am aware of are doing distance learning, but it's BS. Teacher gives some assignments in a google classroom or via email. No lecture, no discussions or interactions with students regarding the lesson. No live chat to provide feedback and answer questions. It's half-baked and honestly, what should have been happening with live classes in session anyway. It is a poor replacement for the schooling kids were getting before the shutdown. The

My kid's private school had distance learning set up due to snow days from a few years ago so their transition to online classes happened within a day of closing. They are on zoom with their teacher and classmates in their respective classes from 8 until 1, monday-friday. Hasn't really missed a beat and is working very well. This is the exception.

Here's the problem. I personally know of two private schools doing the above and 10's of public schools not doing it. In terms of students, we're talking 500 students getting a decent e-learning experience and 10,000+ getting shafted on their education. To then say "kids should work on their grades" is BS. Not 1 in 100 will work on their own to supplement their education.
                        Sorry to bust your bubble, but your private school didn’t invent the wheel, when it comes to distance learning. Most schools, public and private, were already set up for it. We know that you like to convince yourself that your school is better, so as to justify to yourself that the price tag is worth it. It’s okay. It’s your money, no need to justify to others. they won’t believe you anyway.

Comment

Sorry to bust your bubble, but your private school didn’t invent the wheel, when it comes to distance learning. Most schools, public and private, were already set up for it. We know that you like to convince yourself that your school is better, so as to justify to yourself that the price tag is worth it. It’s okay. It’s your money, no need to justify to others. they won’t believe you anyway.
                          Not all schools and districts were well set up for it. Better ones got it up and going fast, weak or poorer ones not. Even in good districts some kids still didn't have reliable internet access or a computer. Districts scrambled to help them get access and Chrome books. But in poorer districts? They can't afford to supply lots of equipment. What about kids trying to use a cellphone (challenging to say the least) but they have limited data plans? Many of these kids have parents that can't work from home and supervise their learning.

Distance learning at any length of time will only make the educational divide in the country worse.

Comment

Freaking relax would you? It's April. No on one knows what is going to happen in the end of July. I for one am glad that for all the kids trying to get recruited that they haven't cancelled it yet. Tough Spring for Juniors with nothing going on. If the virus isn't cleared up enough by the end of July - so be it - cancel the event. For now just go a day at a time.
                            Who cares if it's April? The fact that they cancel and then put it at the end of July is complete nonsense especially for the 02s who are generally split with seniors who will be gone to college. Who is going to attend from colleges they will be in camp and preseason. This is not a well thought out plan

Comment

Who cares if it's April? The fact that they cancel and then put it at the end of July is complete nonsense especially for the 02s who are generally split with seniors who will be gone to college. Who is going to attend from colleges they will be in camp and preseason. This is not a well thought out plan
                              Preseasons don't start until August. College coaches are also behind on their timelines and need to get recruiting done. Not many senior laden teams would have been going to begin with, but yes those teams should be given refunds if they want.

Comment

All the Jeff cup is doing is thinking about ways they can keep their money.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X