Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    1) You only need to buy home and away jersey, shorts, socks, training t-shirt. That’s all. Ask your coach.

Not true. We were required to purchase and use a new bag with the proper new sponsor logo. Same for any outerwear such as a warmup jacket or the pants. They didn’t want to see the puma logo when the club had switched to nike so we were forced into buying all new crap. All new and more money for them. The sheer waste of doing this astounds me. Hundreds of kids. Why? And you can’t even pass along perfectly good stuff yo younger/smaller players.

As far as white shorts, I agree it’s terrible for girls. Idk if it’s all the fault of male
    Coaches. STA has two very visible female coaches who could speak up for the girls !
    Ask your coach, every club is different. Home and away jersey, shorts, socks, training shirt, and that’s it. Your child will fit in.
    But higher level clubs want you to buy everything. Academies want kit rights or fees every year.

Comment

Agree girls shouldn’t really be wearing white shorts. These are adolescents and they don’t know their bodies the way adults do and yes, the worst case scenario for a 24 year old girl wearing white shorts does happen and it sucks to see a kid embarrassed. They should be wearing dark shorts.
      Come on, they make period panties now. Stop babying these kids

Comment

It has nothing to do with babying. It’s common sense. White is not a great option even with these products. A lot can go wrong in a few hours. I pity your children, especially if you have girls.

Comment

The most ignorant comment I have ever seen

Comment

The most ignorant comment I have ever seen
            When people can post anonymously, it brings out the worst in people.

All you know is this person likes soccer, possibly, but age, gender, race, IQ are all in question.

Comment

The scary thing is, it could be a coach.

When people can post anonymously, it brings out the worst in people.

All you know is this person likes soccer, possibly, but age, gender, race, IQ are all in question.

Comment

I believe clubs get a kickback. Each brand has different cycle. I think most are 2 years but New Balance is 4. Crazy thing about all these kits is they make you but all this useless stuff and then you only get 2 pairs of socks. Plus I love when the fact that they need a different practice jersey...3 practices a week and sometimes 2 games....raise your hand if your kid hasn't scrambled at times to find a clean pair of socks or practice gear. Usually when you join you have to buy whole kit and then add as you go. It's terrible for GK as they make them usually buy full kit plus GK stuff mainly because no one thinks about the GK when they set up automatic ordering.

One you have the brand usually you can get extra socks and shorts other places quickly unless the shorts have club logo on them.

Comment

I believe clubs get a kickback. Each brand has different cycle. I think most are 2 years but New Balance is 4. Crazy thing about all these kits is they make you but all this useless stuff and then you only get 2 pairs of socks. Plus I love when the fact that they need a different practice jersey...3 practices a week and sometimes 2 games....raise your hand if your kid hasn't scrambled at times to find a clean pair of socks or practice gear. Usually when you join you have to buy whole kit and then add as you go. It's terrible for GK as they make them usually buy full kit plus GK stuff mainly because no one thinks about the GK when they set up automatic ordering.

One you have the brand usually you can get extra socks and shorts other places quickly unless the shorts have club logo on them.
                  Usually by 1 home and 1 away and when we get home everything straight into the wash so it's clean for the next day if needed. Usually get 2x practice kits as well for 3 days a week practice. Feel sorry for the goalies who also play field that have to get everything.

Comment

These extra costs are horrible.

Last season, my kid's club offered good quality custom practice t-shirts (with names and #s) for a very reasonable cost. I would've been fine if those t-shirts were the official game day uniform instead of the relatively low-quality uniform tops we also had to buy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X