Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost of Uniform Kits

So I just received the a link to purchase a mandatory uniform kit that is about $350. It includes useless things like a rain jacket and another backpack ( have one) amongst other things. Is this cost normal? Seems like a kit with 10+ items is over the top. Do these clubs get a kickback?

That sounds about right and they always include things you don’t want. Idk if they get a kickback but I would guess they do. And from my experience clubs switch uniforms every two years. Why? This is why I assume they get a kickback. You can’t even pass on stuff to younger kids this way. All part of the racket that is youth soccer.

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately most brands change the style every 3 years- forcing clubs to switch way too early. It's actually a PIA - it's how Nike and Adidas can suck more money out of youth sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        That sounds about right and they always include things you don’t want. Idk if they get a kickback but I would guess they do. And from my experience clubs switch uniforms every two years. Why? This is why I assume they get a kickback. You can’t even pass on stuff to younger kids this way. All part of the racket that is youth soccer.
        Yup. Rebates and free swag for steering their teams to one brand or another. Nike started it with basketball and now everyone does it.

Going to go bang my head on the desk for a while.

Comment

Count yourself lucky.....One year D's club got "creative", home jersey was dark blue with black sleeves and a gold number outlined in white. That alone was $75, kit looked nice though. I hate more of the solid white kits ... who thought it would be a good idea to dress girls in an all white kit?

Comment

So I just received the a link to purchase a mandatory uniform kit that is about $350. It includes useless things like a rain jacket and another backpack ( have one) amongst other things. Is this cost normal? Seems like a kit with 10+ items is over the top. Do these clubs get a kickback?
            If this isn’t your first year with this club, you can get away by purchasing home, away and practice jerseys. Most of coaches don’t really care. I did that for my daughter and it was fine.

Comment

CSA is ridiculous, $500 if you add up all the junk you never use that they make you buy.

Comment

Just another cash grab by the club. They get the items in bulk at half the cost and take the margin of the parents.

Comment

$400 and the uniforms are on two year cycles, which would be great but kids tend to grow between the ages of 11-13 so everything gets replaced yearly anyway. The only thing you can save on is jacket and bags. The best part is switching clubs and finding out they’re on the second year of their cycle, so at best you’re getting only one year of use from the $400 kit.

I’d be happier if we used the same plain black training shorts and socks and just had two different color home and away shirts. Total kit cost under $150. These fancy uniforms with warm up pans and jackets, pre game t shirts, sweatshirts, mandatory bags, are stupid.

Comment

$400 and the uniforms are on two year cycles, which would be great but kids tend to grow between the ages of 11-13 so everything gets replaced yearly anyway. The only thing you can save on is jacket and bags. The best part is switching clubs and finding out they’re on the second year of their cycle, so at best you’re getting only one year of use from the $400 kit.

I’d be happier if we used the same plain black training shorts and socks and just had two different color home and away shirts. Total kit cost under $150. These fancy uniforms with warm up pans and jackets, pre game t shirts, sweatshirts, mandatory bags, are stupid.
                    The now bankrupted GPS (thanks God!) makes families to renew the $400 uniforms ANNUALLY. They did offer a slightly lower price for the existing players but you still HAVE to renew.

So yeah, it's another venue for money.

Comment

I think that’s pretty cheap if you’re getting ten different things included. I’ve seen costs be up to $600 for just practice and game day uniform

Comment

Count yourself lucky.....One year D's club got "creative", home jersey was dark blue with black sleeves and a gold number outlined in white. That alone was $75, kit looked nice though. I hate more of the solid white kits ... who thought it would be a good idea to dress girls in an all white kit?
                        Why do people say that about girls dressing in all white kit? It's a great looking uniform. Have them wear a cami or t-shirt under.

Comment

Ours was $450 last year and it included 3 game jerseys but only one practice shirt, so we had to by one extra (should have bought two) .... that came out to about $475 and we did not even get a rain jacket (just a warm up suit with a backpack).

Comment

1) You only need to buy home and away jersey, shorts, socks, training t-shirt. That’s all. Ask your coach.
                            2) Adidas, Nike, Under Armour all discontinue styles to force clubs to change.
                            3) Clubs don’t have their own provider for clothing, they ALL need to go through a 3rd party for merchandise. It’s not the club’s fault, it’s PART of how youth soccer in the US is a business. And the club will get a small %. Very small, especially if there are not many small businesses that do retail in an area.
                            4) Dick’s Sporting Goods was trying to get into the “Team Sports” business. But, they couldn’t handle the customization, think about all the teams that need jerseys before a specific date. It’s crazy planning.
                            * it’s not only soccer, it’s basketball, baseball, field hockey, we are “talking soccer“ but the issue of uniforms cuts across all sports programs. Retailers offer the organization a small fee to bring all the business to them. Most clubs are run by volunteers, it’s NOT their day job.
                            Finally, I want to say that the expectations are completely unreasonable here. Please think of this as a 2-way street. Volunteer and you will find out how much is a racket and how much is not.
                            With that in mind, $350 is nothing for a full kit, and somebody already mentioned some clubs have an annual kit fee even if they make ZERO changes.
                            At CSA, $500 was the annual fee, and that’s more in line with conditions nationwide.
                            If this is too much for you, go back to rec soccer. What equipment do you need in soccer? A ball, cleats and shin guards?
                            Look at football, baseball, hockey, field hockey and lacrosse, those parents would laugh at someone thinking $350 was too much.

Comment

Why do people say that about girls dressing in all white kit? It's a great looking uniform. Have them wear a cami or t-shirt under.
                              It’s the shorts you idiot. Do I need to spell it out for you????

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X