Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PBU ECNL accepting players that didn't even attend tryouts

Heard that they actually sent out acceptances to join teams to players that never even attended tryouts!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Heard that they actually sent out acceptances to join teams to players that never even attended tryouts!
    Look, if a player is good enough for ECNL the coach knows it after seeing them play it once or twice. The only people who have a problem with this are the people who probably aren't making the team anyways. And if you do make it you're bench fodder used to fill out minutes for the players the coach is really excited about coaching.

Comment

What's the problem with that? Sounds like they've done their job scouting and know who they want.

Comment

If you think tryouts are when the teams are ACTUALLY picked you are greatly mistaken. Especially when you are talking ECNL-R and up.

Comment

I signed up to get info and put in a fake person to try out...

That person that literally doesn't exist made the team.

Tell me again how they scout and know what they are doing...

The original poster has the right point.

LOL!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah same with other clubs

Comment

you must be new? they do that everywhere here ,, guess you never tried ODP? they are notorious for taking kids who dont tryout but write nice checks

Comment

LOL!!!!!!!!
                There was a mistake, the club accidentally sent out invitations to join the team to the whole tryout pool. The players who ACTUALLY made the teams received a second email.

Comment

I figured they just adopted TBUs open enrollment plan.

There was a mistake, the club accidentally sent out invitations to join the team to the whole tryout pool. The players who ACTUALLY made the teams received a second email.

Comment

I figured they just adopted TBUs open enrollment plan.
                    Yes and my fake person received not 1, not 2, but 3 emails saying he made the team and to register!

Ha ha ha

Comment

Yes and my fake person received not 1, not 2, but 3 emails saying he made the team and to register!

Ha ha ha
                      My mistake... I got another one this morning too.. So 4 emails notifying a non-existent player that they were selected.

Palm Beach United <mailer@demosphere.com> Unsubscribe
                      10:17 AM (7 hours ago)
                      to me

Congratulations xxxxxxx!

You have been invited by Palm Beach United to join 2003/02 Composite - U18/19 ECNL for the PBU ECNL 2020/21 PBU ECNL 2020-21 season.

To accept this invitation, please click ACCEPT below to complete your registration. If you do not wish to join this team, please click DECLINE.

ACCEPT DECLINE

Comment

LOL!!!!!!!!
                        Nice try. I’m calling BS on this fantasy story you made up. Your daughter didn't make it. Deal with it.

Comment

My mistake... I got another one this morning too.. So 4 emails notifying a non-existent player that they were selected.

Palm Beach United <mailer@demosphere.com> Unsubscribe
                          10:17 AM (7 hours ago)
                          to me

Congratulations xxxxxxx!

You have been invited by Palm Beach United to join 2003/02 Composite - U18/19 ECNL for the PBU ECNL 2020/21 PBU ECNL 2020-21 season.

To accept this invitation, please click ACCEPT below to complete your registration. If you do not wish to join this team, please click DECLINE.

ACCEPT DECLINE
                          The key word here is composite (B team). Your non-existent player made the B team. They’re probably just trying to fill the roster.

Comment

The key word here is composite (B team). Your non-existent player made the B team. They’re probably just trying to fill the roster.
                            ECNL is bull****...

you don't need it and if this club is sending acceptances to fake kids that never even showed up that shows the level of unprofessionalism and how they will stoop to new lows.

Comment

actually ECNL-R is BS. Just another fancy way of calling the pathetic NPL

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X