Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wait! Didn’t some really good players at multiple age groups go to Dynamite from STA? I know CSA (both Mon and Bergen) girls left to USYS. Long Island is a massive exodus of girls. NYSC lost a couple to USYS as well. New England market is a disaster!!!!

On top all these clubs lost kids to ECNL.

I get they have to sell this as a elite league to make more money and pay for these ridiculous DOC salaries but it’s just not right to try and scam parents. Just sell it for what it is. There is an actually a market for GAL. It’s just not elite.
    Our team is intact. period

Comment

Not at my GA Club. We stayed but really should tell it as it is. None of our players left are making the A team rosters at ECNL. Including my daughter. I’m giving GA a chance but my eyes will be wide open for different reasons. We also lost girls to USYS so let’s stop with saying PDA white is worth it or not. Most of these kids would start on our team.

You mean the girls on your DA team stayed and couldn't make a matchfit roster ? You must have a sh....ity team. I would run if I was you.

Comment

Sorry to give you the update but it’s the same clubs but not the same teams. Lost players up and down the east coast. Then at the showcases and playoffs even worse. All the top clubs are gone but 4.

Just go into it knowing what type of platform you are paying for and all OK. Place for all kids.
        Which 4 “top clubs” are you referring to?

Comment

“The girls development academy is the leading youth development platform for the best female soccer players in the United States.”

GAL website.

Comment

Anyone know of any good pathways?

Comment

You mean the girls on your DA team stayed and couldn't make a matchfit roster ? You must have a sh....ity team. I would run if I was you.
              Yes Matchfit is really bad.

Comment

Tophat
                Cinn
                FCV
                Lonstar

Lock every year having multiple teams in semis because how bad the league will be.

Comment

Not at my GA Club. We stayed but really should tell it as it is. None of our players left are making the A team rosters at ECNL. Including my daughter. I’m giving GA a chance but my eyes will be wide open for different reasons. We also lost girls to USYS so let’s stop with saying PDA white is worth it or not. Most of these kids would start on our team.
                  Yeah , If youre girls aren't even as good as the white PDA team.
                  then on a whole the GA must suck. Especially if team stayed intact. what age group? To pay all that money and travel for a team that couldn't beat PDA white. What a waste of money. You are better off on a USYS team, especially if you daughter is not so good.

Comment

Our team is intact. period
                    Probably have a stable coach and kids/parents that enjoy playing together. That’s good to see. It’s just a shame that group of girls has to play subpar teams now vs last season. So many kids left DA. Coach and kids deserve better it’s not their fault clubs didn’t come together under USYS. Really should be two leagues. USYS and ECNL. If it was really about the kids, that is what would of happened. This GAL experiment is really an attempt for more market share and profits under the umbrella of elite soccer. Too many elite players are gone from DA/Gal.

Comment

Tophat
                      Cinn
                      FCV
                      Lonstar

Lock every year having multiple teams in semis because how bad the league will be.
                      These 4 clubs definitely will have the most playoff teams make it far next year.

I’m interested to see what clubs get offered ECNL after next season.

Comment

These 4 clubs definitely will have the most playoff teams make it far next year.

ECNL is not a Dunkin Donuts franchise, it a league run with a purpose and a business model. It’s about strong stable clubs with strong teams in every age group. It’s based on demographics and where they see strong soccer players with depth of talent. It about have a competitive training that will translate to competitive league games and showcase events. That is what GDA could not match. Parents think every year it’s there club that is just going to get picked. It doesn’t happen that way. If they were looking to just add clubs the first to be brought in would be TopHat, FCV, NEFC. They are on the outside looking in. As far as NJ the State lacks the depth or need for further clubs. It is maxed out.

Comment

Bottom line is USSF declared war on ECNL and lost ... badly. And everyone knew that whoever didn’t get accepted back into ECNL was ****ed.

Comment

ECNL is not a Dunkin Donuts franchise, it a league run with a purpose and a business model. It’s about strong stable clubs with strong teams in every age group. It’s based on demographics and where they see strong soccer players with depth of talent. It about have a competitive training that will translate to competitive league games and showcase events. That is what GDA could not match. Parents think every year it’s there club that is just going to get picked. It doesn’t happen that way. If they were looking to just add clubs the first to be brought in would be TopHat, FCV, NEFC. They are on the outside looking in. As far as NJ the State lacks the depth or need for further clubs. It is maxed out.
                            My daughter plays ECNL and that’s just not true. We had many garbage clubs, too many terrible kick and run coaches, and ton of non competitive games.

Hopefully DA going away helps us get much better.

Comment

You have more than 4, just not around here. Every division has at least 3-4 teams that could compete in ECNL except the Mid Atlantic who has FCV who will finish top 3 in every age group.

Comment

You have more than 4, just not around here. Every division has at least 3-4 teams that could compete in ECNL except the Mid Atlantic who has FCV who will finish top 3 in every age group.
                                Bottom line the overall level of play for GAL vs DA has drop by a huge margin. Too many good teams gone and too many players of the remaining teams gone for USYS and ECNL. Clubs like FCV will dominate every game during the season by 5 or more goals and they will pull back to make sure the league doesn’t look that bad. Tophat’s division is ridiculous. Why even play those games? So bad and so much travel. In the northeast the talent on the teams has drop significantly. Fall is going to be a rough start for league games.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X