Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Clubs and PPP Loans

With the recent decision to disclose who received PPP loans of over 150k, it should be interesting to see which large soccer clubs in NJ received loans, then cried poor and gave little or no credits to parents for spring season. I was naive at first and thought they just were cash poor but the more I think about it I think they are just taking advantage of this pandemic. Many town clubs with EDP teams were still able to refund 25-40% of fees...Can't wait to see if PDA, PSA, MF, STA, CSA, NJP, and EDP took these loans(potential grants) and then still stuck it to the families they claim to support and be a part of....

I’m curious of this too. To be fair, I understand if the clubs didn’t get refunds for some of their expenses. Other than that, it’s not my problem if their trainers worked or not. There are a lot of families who had to collect unemployment but they think we should be so grateful they were able to pay their trainers.

Comment

Any other business that doesn't produce what is contracted is liable for the full refund. What makes youth soccer clubs any different? Our club was offered next to nothing in a credit because they didn't get refunds for league or tournaments. Not my problem if you say you can't pay. I know you got credits which you are using this year for league and tournaments and yet tuition is the same price as last year. Welcome to lawsuits, clubs that think parents are idiots.

Comment

Class action coming as soon as that info is release. Lawyers are waiting to mass send to parents. They already have email contact info from a couple of the clubs. All in the works.

Comment

They should have gotten the PPP and used it to pay their staff or had them collect unemployment. We all cannot afford to finance this giant bailout package and also run a charity for all the unemployed staff in the area - do I continue to pay the soccer coach?, the dentist?, the dog groomer?, the mowing crew?, the coffee shop?, the baby sitter?, the hair cutter? etc etc. etc. Who is the most worthy?

The soccer club does not get to decide that for me. My business took a big hit as well so I will decide how to dole out teh charity. I have no choice but to fund the bail out package so make use of that - that is what is is for.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Class action coming as soon as that info is release. Lawyers are waiting to mass send to parents. They already have email contact info from a couple of the clubs. All in the works.
            Im sure a lot of clubs have teams with a parent that is a lawyer.

Comment

IF they took bailout money and also kept the fees that is a no no. The PPP should be clawed back or the fees clawed back. You dont get both.

Comment

Clubs could have done the honorable thing and just ate profits for this coming year while working with leagues and tournaments to get fees back. Instead some greedy clubs just say we can't get the money back that was spent and move on with a small "credit" for next year.

Comment

One DOC is worried that the PPP info is being released now. Sold the parents they used the money to pay coaches. Caught in a blatant lie. Scrambling on how to handle backlash they know is coming their way.

Comment

Please post PPP info and any class action towards a club. I want to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                      One DOC is worried that the PPP info is being released now. Sold the parents they used the money to pay coaches. Caught in a blatant lie. Scrambling on how to handle backlash they know is coming their way.
                      Baloney!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X