Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My son is a 2021 grad...it is brutal. Spring season cancelled, no tournaments and no ID camps. The shutdown of DA and change to EDYP has made things confusing. HS is an option but that is looking doubtful.
    If HS is looking doubtful, why not stay with your DA team? Most viable option as at least they will be doing something in the fall.

Comment

Doubtful OVs will happen. No coach will want to expose their team to outside contacts during the season beyond what they have to. You’re better off visiting the campus on your own.
      Some schools might not even allow them. They're trying to bubble wrap campuses (probably a losing battle butbtha will try)

Comment

Funny. You still think there will be HS soccer this Fall? Nope.
        Well, maybe, I'm hoping it does happen - I know you're hoping (you "know") it won't happen so you can gloat and enjoy seeing other people sad.

Comment

If HS is looking doubtful, why not stay with your DA team? Most viable option as at least they will be doing something in the fall.
          Absolutely an option for us. We are keeping all options on the table. The problem is that each time we adjust our plan it gets changed by cancellations.

Comment

I've got a rising senior, non athlete, and rising junior soccer player. My house is a bundle of stress. We had had multiple school visit trips cancelled from spring onwards, some of which we were doubling up for both kids to see schools of interest. The 21' only took the ACT once before it all got cancelled. Yes many schools are making it test optional but not all. Fingers crossed the next round happens and they bump up their score. Meanwhile the junior also needs to bump up their score but also can't get into a test site for awhile. The senior will just have to apply early and go visit once they see where they get accepted. The athlete is hoping OVs can happen in the fall but knows they might get pushed back until after New Year's.

But, what are you gonna do? The best you can under the circumstances. So many other families are in the same boat or worse with job losses and sick family members. Things will all work out in the end, but the journey there is mighty bumpy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X