NCAA DI Council extends recruiting dead period in all sports through Aug. 31

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NCAA DI Council extends recruiting dead period in all sports through Aug. 31

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...iod-all-sports

DI Council extends recruiting dead period in all sports through Aug. 31.

Dumb. Once again the 2021s hoping to be seen at an ID camp are screwed.

Comment

So stupid. So now let’s have kids try to take in college visits during school and their fall seasons.

Comment

Covid kills recruiting 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          So stupid. So now let’s have kids try to take in college visits during school and their fall seasons.
          you dont get it. there wont be a fall season, at least in a lot of places, and the resulting de-fact redshirting is going to put the squeeze on the number of commits down the line. not good all around

Comment

you dont get it. there wont be a fall season, at least in a lot of places, and the resulting de-fact redshirting is going to put the squeeze on the number of commits down the line. not good all around
            The vast majority of college soccer players want to graduate and get a job.

The vast majority of parents want to stop paying for college.

There won’t be a big squeeze.

Comment

Maybe one or two big studs could be convinced to stay for an extra semester (it helps that soccer is in the fall) but it's also a way to get rid of the dead wood and "just okay" players.

Comment

I understood that the dead period was to give high school kids some breathing space and protection from unscrupulous coaches, this seems like a "let's screw the 2021 class".

Comment

For the local kids looking to stay local, they may get the coaches to come to a HS game (yes I know what people say about HS here) - but it's really evaluating a player, not a game. Tough luck if you're looking other regions. I guess there's always the GPS Thanksgiving Showcase. Oh wait!

Comment

You’re going to see a lot of OVs happening in September, October, and Nov—- especially for 2021s. I think 2022s will also take OVs but I see offer deadlines being extended till Spring. I’m sure coaches want to wrap up 2021s ASAP so they can focus on 22/23s.

Comment

The vast majority of college soccer players want to graduate and get a job.

The vast majority of parents want to stop paying for college.

There won’t be a big squeeze.
                      What jobs are those? You do realize we are on the worst shape since the Great Depression?20+ million out of work, unemployment rate in the teens. No one is hiring new grads unless they want to work making Amazon deliveries, bagging groceries, or in meat packing.

Finish up online and then a year of grad school in 2021-22 playing soccer looks like a great option right now.

Comment

You’re going to see a lot of OVs happening in September, October, and Nov—- especially for 2021s. I think 2022s will also take OVs but I see offer deadlines being extended till Spring. I’m sure coaches want to wrap up 2021s ASAP so they can focus on 22/23s.
                        Doubtful OVs will happen. No coach will want to expose their team to outside contacts during the season beyond what they have to. You’re better off visiting the campus on your own.

Comment

For the local kids looking to stay local, they may get the coaches to come to a HS game (yes I know what people say about HS here) - but it's really evaluating a player, not a game. Tough luck if you're looking other regions. I guess there's always the GPS Thanksgiving Showcase. Oh wait!
                          Funny. You still think there will be HS soccer this Fall? Nope.

Comment

What jobs are those? You do realize we are on the worst shape since the Great Depression?20+ million out of work, unemployment rate in the teens. No one is hiring new grads unless they want to work making Amazon deliveries, bagging groceries, or in meat packing.

Finish up online and then a year of grad school in 2021-22 playing soccer looks like a great option right now.
                            It doesn't matter that there aren't jobs available when the graduate...parents want to stop paying $40-60,000 dollars so their kid can play soccer.

Comment

Dumb. Once again the 2021s hoping to be seen at an ID camp are screwed.
                              My son is a 2021 grad...it is brutal. Spring season cancelled, no tournaments and no ID camps. The shutdown of DA and change to EDYP has made things confusing. HS is an option but that is looking doubtful.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X