Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real jersey

Opinions, experience with this club? Open try outs start soon. Looking at girls side. Thank you

Guess it depends on age group? They have some good teams. D doesn't play for them but know several that do and they like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Opinions, experience with this club? Open try outs start soon. Looking at girls side. Thank you
      First of all they are a good story as a club. But they used to be about quality over quantity but that has unfortunately changed for the worse last couple years. They now overload rosters with players (ex their 06 team has at least 22 maybe more). So it’s a difficult situation as if you’re not one of the originals or the favorites it’s tough to break through. Sadly some players don’t even get rostered for games, state cup or tournaments. So if you think you’re good enough to be a starter good situation if not tricky one to handle as they continue to overload with players grabbing anyone. They have now become no different than any academy that puts business and making money first.

Comment

I agree with the one poster used to be about home grown players, small base, quality and attention to each player and family. Not the case anymore unless you’re one of the chosen ones. Now they are virtually no different than SJEB and PDA South, same business model.

Comment

So basically.. you suggest pda south or sjeb instead? Any pluses in the real column?

Comment

So basically.. you suggest pda south or sjeb instead? Any pluses in the real column?
            Go to the tryouts and talk to the coaches and parents. See how your kid fits in. PDA South will be like the wild west this year with them getting ECNL and SJEB only if your kid is bigger, stronger, faster, more aggressive then any other kid. Otherwise they will be groomed as support.

Comment

Correct, PDA South. ECNL.

Go to the tryouts and talk to the coaches and parents. See how your kid fits in. PDA South will be like the wild west this year with them getting ECNL and SJEB only if your kid is bigger, stronger, faster, more aggressive then any other kid. Otherwise they will be groomed as support.

Comment

Absolutely, you want ECNL top level not a mom and pop club like Real, that while they have some nice teams are not even close to a club like PDA no matter how many got soccer points they pile up.

Comment

Absolutely, you want ECNL top level not a mom and pop club like Real, that while they have some nice teams are not even close to a club like PDA no matter how many got soccer points they pile up.
                  This comment is BS. I have an 06 daughter that has played against Real (sorry can only speak for that age group for Real) and I have an older daughter playing ECNL, so I feel I can argue both. Real would walk the PDA shore team, so while you chase status of ECNL it doesn't always mean it is the best way. That Real 06 team is as good as any ECNL team in the state of NJ in my opinion.
                  Some ECNL teams are very poor, the club has the status so they have to field the team, so like any other option the age group is important, not the league or status, STOP FALLING FOR THAT BS GUYS. For my older daughter the ECNL competition is excellent and is the best route, but often still play against teams that wouldn't compete in mid level EDP.
                  Do your research on the team, the age group, the coach the turnover of the team, you're about to drop thousands of dollars, don't chase the name of a league. National League is a solid pathway, the way my 06 will go and ECNL is a solid pathway the way my other daughter will go, these are based on their opportunities at that age group, with that team and coach.

I thought the Real guys done a great job with the 06 but sadly that is where my option stops for the club, but I was impressed. EVERY CLUB is doing the same crap, just look for the one that will suit you best.

Comment

This comment is BS. I have an 06 daughter that has played against Real (sorry can only speak for that age group for Real) and I have an older daughter playing ECNL, so I feel I can argue both. Real would walk the PDA shore team, so while you chase status of ECNL it doesn't always mean it is the best way. That Real 06 team is as good as any ECNL team in the state of NJ in my opinion.
                    Some ECNL teams are very poor, the club has the status so they have to field the team, so like any other option the age group is important, not the league or status, STOP FALLING FOR THAT BS GUYS. For my older daughter the ECNL competition is excellent and is the best route, but often still play against teams that wouldn't compete in mid level EDP.
                    Do your research on the team, the age group, the coach the turnover of the team, you're about to drop thousands of dollars, don't chase the name of a league. National League is a solid pathway, the way my 06 will go and ECNL is a solid pathway the way my other daughter will go, these are based on their opportunities at that age group, with that team and coach.

I thought the Real guys done a great job with the 06 but sadly that is where my option stops for the club, but I was impressed. EVERY CLUB is doing the same crap, just look for the one that will suit you best.
                    What does Real beating up on PDA Shore have to do with ECNL? PDA Shore is the Alliance League teams of PDA. 3rd tier teams that only have the PDA logo.

Comment

What does Real beating up on PDA Shore have to do with ECNL? PDA Shore is the Alliance League teams of PDA. 3rd tier teams that only have the PDA logo.
                      Absolutely correct Real beating up on PDA Shore is like Liverpool beating Philadelphia Union....How Real would do against PDA Blue is another story. But comparing Real to PDA Shore is laughable.

Comment

Absolutely correct Real beating up on PDA Shore is like Liverpool beating Philadelphia Union....How Real would do against PDA Blue is another story. But comparing Real to PDA Shore is laughable.
                        You may have a point there. PDA Shore is not a good comparison or the same talking point referring to REAL vs PDA Shore. Maybe a more comparable is PDA White. Blue is way out of their league and definitely not in the same league or conversation as I we have played against Real and have seen PDA Blue and White play several of times over the years.

Comment

You may have a point there. PDA Shore is not a good comparison or the same talking point referring to REAL vs PDA Shore. Maybe a more comparable is PDA White. Blue is way out of their league and definitely not in the same league or conversation as I we have played against Real and have seen PDA Blue and White play several of times over the years.
                          Ok, what is more comparable is that Real has beat Clarkstown 2x, same team that beat PDA Blue. Based on that one would think that Real could hang with Blue. Either way it would be a good match up.

Comment

Ok, what is more comparable is that Real has beat Clarkstown 2x, same team that beat PDA Blue. Based on that one would think that Real could hang with Blue. Either way it would be a good match up.
                            What age group is this?

Comment

What age group is this?
                              2006 age group

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X