Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations

Hi, new to the area (Aberdeen) and I was looking for suggestions.
    We have been seeing a ton of posts about upcoming tryouts. I know I'm probably going to regret asking on a forum, but we don't know many people in the area to ask advice from.
    My daughter is 11 years old, been playing since little kickers. She can play multiple positions, but prefers left/center mid. We are looking for an ESTABLISHED club that is very good with development, has a good program for all age groups, and most importantly, is loyal to their players. I'm not interested in clubs where the roster changes every week. I'd like my daughter to have a team where the girls are consistent. (We were told an ever changing roster is a big red flag to stay away from.)
    I'm also looking for a very competitive team. We haven't ever played "rec" so our expectations are a set little high. I'd like for my daughter to play with girls with good skill levels, not ball hogs, and understand the meaning of "teamwork". (Our theory is by playing with girls of a certain skill level will only make my daughter a better player.) We are not so much worried about being on the "best" team that wins all their games. We are concerned with her development at this age. We have signed up for some private training classes, so we do things outside of a team. My daughter is dedicated, well mannered, and very committed. Her last team was together for almost 4 years, and only a handful were added.
    If you could just possibly give us some names of some local clubs (within 1hr of Aberdeen) and maybe alittle background, it woukd be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The only club that meets all of your criteria is PDA. There is a reason they are rated in the top 5 nationwide through the soccerwire rankings. They also have a very positive, public history. That's where you should try first.

Comment

AMAZING how all these people are moving to central NJ/Monmouth and looking for a club right around the time Coronavirus pushed back tryouts, ID sessions and player resgisration. 🤔🤥

simply amazing 🙄

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        AMAZING how all these people are moving to central NJ/Monmouth and looking for a club right around the time Coronavirus pushed back tryouts, ID sessions and player resgisration. 🤔🤥

simply amazing 🙄
        Must be a great job market around there.

Comment

The only club that meets all of your criteria is PDA. There is a reason they are rated in the top 5 nationwide through the soccerwire rankings. They also have a very positive, public history. That's where you should try first.
          Yes and you can play anywhere from their 1st team to their umpteen team! All you need to make sure is your check clears. If you are on their top team worth it, otherwise they are no different than any other club unless the 3 letters are important to you in terms of status.

Comment

We have been seeing a ton of posts about upcoming tryouts. I know I'm probably going to regret asking on a forum, but we don't know many people in the area to ask advice from.
            My daughter is 11 years old, been playing since little kickers. She can play multiple positions, but prefers left/center mid. We are looking for an ESTABLISHED club that is very good with development, has a good program for all age groups, and most importantly, is loyal to their players. I'm not interested in clubs where the roster changes every week. I'd like my daughter to have a team where the girls are consistent. (We were told an ever changing roster is a big red flag to stay away from.)
            I'm also looking for a very competitive team. We haven't ever played "rec" so our expectations are a set little high. I'd like for my daughter to play with girls with good skill levels, not ball hogs, and understand the meaning of "teamwork". (Our theory is by playing with girls of a certain skill level will only make my daughter a better player.) We are not so much worried about being on the "best" team that wins all their games. We are concerned with her development at this age. We have signed up for some private training classes, so we do things outside of a team. My daughter is dedicated, well mannered, and very committed. Her last team was together for almost 4 years, and only a handful were added.
            If you could just possibly give us some names of some local clubs (within 1hr of Aberdeen) and maybe alittle background, it woukd be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
            PDA and WC would be the best 2. You could just go through ECNL, GA and EDPs websites and look for teams.

Comment

simply amazing 🙄
              Did you ever think that maybe people are moving back into the area because they lost their jobs because of Convid-19 and had to move in with relatives? Before you criticize, maybe think about what reasons they have to move here is. Not everyone was able to hold onto their jobs...

Comment

Might I ask where she played the last 4 years?

Comment

How about save you and your kid some money and heartache and get as far away from the world of New Jersey club soccer as possible.

Comment

How about save you and your kid some money and heartache and get as far away from the world of New Jersey club soccer as possible.
                    I was going to say just stay away from Jersey in general. The armpit of the east coast.

Comment

PDA and WC would be the best 2. You could just go through ECNL, GA and EDPs websites and look for teams.
                      WC is not within an hour of Aberdeen.

Comment

Did you ever think that maybe people are moving back into the area because they lost their jobs because of Convid-19 and had to move in with relatives? Before you criticize, maybe think about what reasons they have to move here is. Not everyone was able to hold onto their jobs...
                        If that were the case, would they really be prioritizing club soccer and private soccer lessons?

Comment

If that were the case, would they really be prioritizing club soccer and private soccer lessons?
                          Spot on. This and all of the other recent threads like it are the same one or two people posting on here looking for a mention of a specific club and/or coach to come up so that they can fight about it. I can't wait for the tryouts and ID sessions to be over so we don't have to shift those this trash.

Comment

WC is not within an hour of Aberdeen.
                            Just over an hour according to Google Maps

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Aber...41.0440793!3e0

Comment

Just over an hour according to Google Maps

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Aber...41.0440793!3e0
                              And another 30 minutes when there's traffic.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X