EDP or DPL it's confusing no?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Rhode island surf is a combination of former gps ri and nefc southeast teams. Well documented and will not rehash here but remember they first tried to get into dpl."

DPL does not want you SURF.

Comment

For all the “parents” on here, if there actually are any, I can make this real easy for you. Seek out a College D1 coach not affiliated with a youth premier club, and ask them how important the league your protege plays in really, truly is. They will tell you that they definitely pay attention to the ECNL first and foremost. After that it’s League showcases, tournament showcases, networks, video etc. What they will tell you is at the end of the day - the best players WILL be found. Case closed. DPL, EDP, NPL - it does not matter. And if your kid is good enough to play in college - there will always be a spot for them on a top team no matter what these clubs tell you now.
      Why do you think this board is full of coaches freaking out about new clubs and leagues??? Follow the money!! The big secret is - it doesn’t matter that much at all. Find a coach you like on a team your kid is happy to be on. Let them enjoy the game and thrive in it. When they get to 14, 15 etc and they show promise - take that next step, if you want to, but remember, it’s not necessary.
      The club soccer racket is a big business and it’s incestuous as hell with all the same faces bouncing around. Love of the game, talent and athleticism trump everything else. Have a good coach?? Kids happy and getting better?? Let them thrive.
      Reading these threads is disgusting. “That coach recruits” “that guy stole players” “that guy holds his players back and doesn’t force them to my club”. Lol. It’s like a bunch of backwoods politicians.
      Parents - get off these boards and go spend time with your kids. Talk to them and find out what they love and what inspires them.
      Coaches - get off these boards and stop trash talking and recruiting little kids. Develop your plan, develop your players and let your field play do the talking for you.
      Administration Staff at Clubs - Stay off this board and don’t get bogged down in the stupid ****. You do you, and don’t worry about anyone else. Stay involved in your clubs, don’t tolerate clown coaches ruining your clubs name and take back control of your business. Discipline coaches that give you a bad name instead of feeding into it.
      We can turn this around but it has to start somewhere.
      I wish you all the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        For all the “parents” on here, if there actually are any, I can make this real easy for you. Seek out a College D1 coach not affiliated with a youth premier club, and ask them how important the league your protege plays in really, truly is. They will tell you that they definitely pay attention to the ECNL first and foremost. After that it’s League showcases, tournament showcases, networks, video etc. What they will tell you is at the end of the day - the best players WILL be found. Case closed. DPL, EDP, NPL - it does not matter. And if your kid is good enough to play in college - there will always be a spot for them on a top team no matter what these clubs tell you now.
        Why do you think this board is full of coaches freaking out about new clubs and leagues??? Follow the money!! The big secret is - it doesn’t matter that much at all. Find a coach you like on a team your kid is happy to be on. Let them enjoy the game and thrive in it. When they get to 14, 15 etc and they show promise - take that next step, if you want to, but remember, it’s not necessary.
        The club soccer racket is a big business and it’s incestuous as hell with all the same faces bouncing around. Love of the game, talent and athleticism trump everything else. Have a good coach?? Kids happy and getting better?? Let them thrive.
        Reading these threads is disgusting. “That coach recruits” “that guy stole players” “that guy holds his players back and doesn’t force them to my club”. Lol. It’s like a bunch of backwoods politicians.
        Parents - get off these boards and go spend time with your kids. Talk to them and find out what they love and what inspires them.
        Coaches - get off these boards and stop trash talking and recruiting little kids. Develop your plan, develop your players and let your field play do the talking for you.
        Administration Staff at Clubs - Stay off this board and don’t get bogged down in the stupid ****. You do you, and don’t worry about anyone else. Stay involved in your clubs, don’t tolerate clown coaches ruining your clubs name and take back control of your business. Discipline coaches that give you a bad name instead of feeding into it.
        We can turn this around but it has to start somewhere.
        I wish you all the best.
        College coaches miss a lot of talent that is out there. ECNL is a huge advantage if that is what your child really wants. You can enter Jeff Cup and other National tournaments but only the ECNL, whatever DA is called now, etc, only those teams get the higher bracket seedings. You think they have D1 college coaches watching the 8th level games? If you do then you really are dreaming.

Comment

"Rhode island surf is a combination of former gps ri and nefc southeast teams. Well documented and will not rehash here but remember they first tried to get into dpl."

DPL does not want you SURF.
          Love the fact Surf told all the families they were going into DPL. didn’t get in now the league isn’t good enough??
          I feel bad for the families that followed their coach, now they have to play in a 5th/6th tier league where NO college coaches will come watch them. Waste of a year and money.
          The lesson here is make your own decisions, do your homework and don’t follow coaches like sheep.

Comment

Love the fact Surf told all the families they were going into DPL. didn’t get in now the league isn’t good enough??
            I feel bad for the families that followed their coach, now they have to play in a 5th/6th tier league where NO college coaches will come watch them. Waste of a year and money.
            The lesson here is make your own decisions, do your homework and don’t follow coaches like sheep.
            Parent here (not a staffer from a competing club, or league, like this poster). We were never told DPL, it was always "probably EDP." As far as EDP goes, all you have to do is look in the CT board to see what people think of this "5th/6th tier league." Even the MA board is starting to talk positively about EDP.

I originally had some misgivings about EDP. But NEP has lost a lot of clubs (and I think NPL, but I haven't been following that as closely), so they're going to have to replace them with teams that couldn't compete at that level before. It won't be much fun for the few remaining top quality clubs in NEP to demolish teams week after week, and it certainly won't do anything for their players' development.

As far as DPL goes, I've personally enjoyed the bull**** being slung around in both the "DPL Clubs Announced - laughing stock" and "DPL Renamed "Wealthy Suburban League for Crap Players that Love to Travel Needlessly"" threads on the MA board, but I know half of it is just that, bull****. Perfectly happy to withhold judgment until the fall season is underway.

Comment

Parent here (not a staffer from a competing club, or league, like this poster). We were never told DPL, it was always "probably EDP." As far as EDP goes, all you have to do is look in the CT board to see what people think of this "5th/6th tier league." Even the MA board is starting to talk positively about EDP.

I originally had some misgivings about EDP. But NEP has lost a lot of clubs (and I think NPL, but I haven't been following that as closely), so they're going to have to replace them with teams that couldn't compete at that level before. It won't be much fun for the few remaining top quality clubs in NEP to demolish teams week after week, and it certainly won't do anything for their players' development.

As far as DPL goes, I've personally enjoyed the bull**** being slung around in both the "DPL Clubs Announced - laughing stock" and "DPL Renamed "Wealthy Suburban League for Crap Players that Love to Travel Needlessly"" threads on the MA board, but I know half of it is just that, bull****. Perfectly happy to withhold judgment until the fall season is underway.
              Your a parent? Lets clarify....you are a nutjob parent. Nice job rooting against children to fail, enjoy those juicy threads. The world needs more of you-not. If you are a surfer, makes it look worse and worse.

Comment

Your a parent? Lets clarify....you are a nutjob parent. Nice job rooting against children to fail, enjoy those juicy threads. The world needs more of you-not. If you are a surfer, makes it look worse and worse.
                If you read as well as you write, it's no wonder you misinterpreted what I said. Being entertained by the squabbling of what are probably a bunch of lower level coaches is not the same as wishing failure upon children. Providing alternative opinions about EDP versus DPL (with sources), and saying we'll all see what league has what quality soon enough, one way or the other, does not make anyone a "nutjob."

Comment

Surf never said anything about DPL, it was made clear from day one that they would compete in the EDP. And if you win your division, you go to the National Conference system with a shot at the USYS championship. Plus, you can get into any of the top tournaments. If you have a good team and a good coach, what's not to like?

Comment

Everyone knows surf wanted DPL. Got rejected. Now selling EDP as the best thing to save face with the parents. Coaches and club owners know the truth. Parents were sold a story.

Comment

Surf never said anything about DPL, it was made clear from day one that they would compete in the EDP. And if you win your division, you go to the National Conference system with a shot at the USYS championship. Plus, you can get into any of the top tournaments. If you have a good team and a good coach, what's not to like?
                      It is hard for Surf to gain credibility when they make false statements such as these.

It is common knowledge that Surf wanted in the DPL and in fact early offer letters referenced EDP or DPL.

Also "you can get into any of the top tournaments"......assume this is true "top tournaments" have bottom brackets as well. Also DPL teams can get into these "top tournaments" as well and likely able to compete in higher brackets.

"If you have a good team and a good coach, what is not to like?" Well for starters how about playing in a league with limited competition?

Comment

Everyone knows surf wanted DPL. Got rejected. Now selling EDP as the best thing to save face with the parents. Coaches and club owners know the truth. Parents were sold a story.
                        I was told EDP in practically the same breath as hearing the club would be Surf. From two different coaches of two different teams. And I wasn't told much of anything about EDP, other than that there were good teams from CT in it (which turns out to be true).

Comment

I was told EDP in practically the same breath as hearing the club would be Surf. From two different coaches of two different teams. And I wasn't told much of anything about EDP, other than that there were good teams from CT in it (which turns out to be true).
                          Please name the GOOD CLUBS from CT????

Comment

GA is going to horrendous. DPL even worse.

If your player is at a lower level, or U12 or younger, EDP is comparable to top NEP divisions.

Comment

We were told we would be in DPL or NPL. Luckily once we found out about the truth and the league would be EDP and CT based, we were able to make a switch. It was not easy and was a last minute switch. You have to make calls.
                              So annoying something simple as youth soccer is so complicated. But we are now happy.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2762555]It is hard for Surf to gain credibility when they make false statements such as these.

It is common knowledge that Surf wanted in the DPL and in fact early offer letters referenced EDP or DPL.

Also "you can get into any of the top tournaments"......assume this is true "top tournaments" have bottom brackets as well. Also DPL teams can get into these "top tournaments" as well and likely able to compete in higher brackets.

"If you have a good team and a good coach, what is not to like?" Well for starters how about playing in a league with limited competition?[/QUOTE

So if you are so certain of your position, why are you so angry about it? Why care about another club? Again, if you have a good team and good coach, and a chance at the top national competition, it sounds good to me.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X