Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Its clear that none of you work for FSA. Only the full time coaches were laid off which is only 3. Everybody that is part of this club is employed through the facility and not the club directly meaning their coaches employment status is different than any other Club in CT. They were laid off so that if they wanted they could collect unemployment. Hate all you want but all youth clubs are run as business and the quicker you understand this the better. As of June 1 ALL FSA coaches have been paid what was owed to them. FSA has the best facility around their girls program is in the top league in the country and boys program in the 2nd. Very easy to complain and hate. If youre one of them complaining stfu and put your so called talent where your mouth is
    Ok, if you are an insider and work for the club (I mean the facility) this is great. We can get some real answers, you obviously know somethings that we don’t know like the coaches employment structure, who is full time and so on.

So here is a question for you.
    You said that the coaches were laid off and that by June 1 the coaches will all have been paid. But Sal’s letter says that you have been paying your coaches all along.
    Which is it?

Comment

My guess is that not every coach is not paid the same way. Direct deposit, mailed check, paid weekly, bi weekly, monthly etc...

Comment

My guess is that not every coach is not paid the same way. Direct deposit, mailed check, paid weekly, bi weekly, monthly etc...
        Most coaches are on contracts as independent contractors. Clubs usally only have a few regularly employed staffers. Normally if an employer let them go or just couldn't pay them, they were basically screwed. But the Covid 19 relief programs had provisions for IC's to get unemployment benefits.

Comment

Yeah sure, but it doesn’t matter how they get paid. The question is this, have they been paying their coaches all along or are the coaches still waiting for money until June 1st. And on top of that, if they are waiting until June 1st to pay their coaches, why lie about it and then pay them this weekend?

Comment

I wasn't that bothered by the email. Our coach has continued to hold zoom meetings and some virtual trainings, and honestly it has been enough considering the remote situation. I am happy they are going to re-use the uniforms for a second year and stretch out the payments, while I would like a credit of around $1000-1200 for the third of the season we missed, I know I am not getting it.

Comment

I wasn't that bothered by the email. Our coach has continued to hold zoom meetings and some virtual trainings, and honestly it has been enough considering the remote situation. I am happy they are going to re-use the uniforms for a second year and stretch out the payments, while I would like a credit of around $1000-1200 for the third of the season we missed, I know I am not getting it.
              You are happy that they are going to re-use the uniforms next year?
              If that is the case, why isn't the tuition going down? In other words, if they aren't going to give you a full new set of uniforms next year and that is a big expense, then why would the tuition level stay the same?
              If they said, we are going to keep the same uniforms for another year and because of that savings we have been able to cut $450 off of the tuition, well sure, then I would be happy. But you are going to be paying the same next year but they are delivering you less by cutting out the uniform. And still, what if you need a new pair of shorts, well, you'll have to buy those through the club and of course the club make a profit off of that as well.

Comment

The uniform thing is just another kick in the nuts from FSA. Its probably to late for them to reorder the uniforms from adidas or its to much work bc they don't have their office staff employed....Saving us $ is not the reason for keeping the same uniforms.

My kid grows. Every kid does for Christ sake.. So now we are stuck replacing the uniform. Buying it all out of pocket on top of the same fees. Thanks FSA. Im sure they are making $ on the new uniform purchases...

Comment

Very fair, and perhaps I mispoke. My thought process is that the "credit" will be the reduction in cost they usually put towards the uniforms. So if the bill is $3300.00 and they give me a "credit" of $400 so my bill is $2900, I come out ahead for next year. If not they just increase tuition and the credit and it doesn't mean anything...

The bottom line is my kids play multiple sports and not a single organization has stepped up so far to do the right thing.

Comment

Both CFC and FSA got the PPP stimulus and had to pay their coaches. The difference is CFC are a bit more organized and got it earlier. FSA got their check a few weeks ago and have not paid their coaches yet. The owners of both clubs want you to think the lost money. If you add up the fees from ECNL tourneys, AZ and PDA, not having to pay referees with the fact they didn’t have to pay coaches for 2 months out of their own pocket you see they are greedy bastards. They will call the players back in and have them train in a 15x15 yard grid working on skills and conditioning for 90 minutes. No matches to August. No GK training. They give you a 400 kick back and tell you how they appreciate you

Comment

Lots of complaining here.... You are more than welcome to take your child back to travel or even rec. If you decide to stay then stfu

Comment

Both CFC and FSA got the PPP stimulus and had to pay their coaches. The difference is CFC are a bit more organized and got it earlier. FSA got their check a few weeks ago and have not paid their coaches yet. The owners of both clubs want you to think the lost money. If you add up the fees from ECNL tourneys, AZ and PDA, not having to pay referees with the fact they didn’t have to pay coaches for 2 months out of their own pocket you see they are greedy bastards. They will call the players back in and have them train in a 15x15 yard grid working on skills and conditioning for 90 minutes. No matches to August. No GK training. They give you a 400 kick back and tell you how they appreciate you
                        If FSA received PPP money then that is even more of a lie to the parents. They aren’t using your tuition payments to pay the coaches, that has all gone into their pockets, or in FSA’s case it has gone to pay the facility because they missed out on anticipated revenue from leagues, clinics and tournaments just as outlined in your email. The government is paying their coaches not the club, they are keeping that money the families have already paid. And if that is the case then the email is a lie because they haven’t been paying the coaches all along, they have been waiting for their PPP money to come in so they can pay the coaches with that. When all is said and done, the club and the facility will not lose a dime and next year be even better for it by not buying uniforms but still keeping the tuition the same. Why lie about it?
                        Where is that insider to confirm or dispute this? This gets uglier by the minute

Comment

There is no way FSA or CFC could get the stimulus check. Their coaches are independent contractors and are issued 1099’s. 1099’s are not part of the stimulus relief packages.

Comment

There is no way FSA or CFC could get the stimulus check. Their coaches are independent contractors and are issued 1099’s. 1099’s are not part of the stimulus relief packages.
                            Not true for FSA, that earlier posted that implied that they were on the inside or an employee of the club said it him/herself. The FSA coaches are employees of the facility which is different from all the other clubs.
                            So they could get PPP money!
                            Want to make your head explode even more? PPP not only can cover your employee salad aura for a couple months you could also get money to cover your rent and facilities. And in the club’s case who do you think that goes to? You guessed it, FSA
                            I’m sure FSA is completely taken care of.

Comment

I am a 1099- self employed. I received the PPP from the second round of stimulus. 1099 was not eligible in first round but was for the second

Comment

Not true for FSA, that earlier posted that implied that they were on the inside or an employee of the club said it him/herself. The FSA coaches are employees of the facility which is different from all the other clubs.
                                So they could get PPP money!
                                Want to make your head explode even more? PPP not only can cover your employee salad aura for a couple months you could also get money to cover your rent and facilities. And in the club’s case who do you think that goes to? You guessed it, FSA
                                I’m sure FSA is completely taken care of.
                                Correct, the majority of the coaches are not 1099 and FSA can pay them from PPP

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X