North East ECNL conference split in two

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL New England conference is stacked. Every club besides FSA is in the Soccer Wire top 100 club list.

Comment

I would not be surprised if they do not add another 2 club to make it 10 teams per division to balance out the travel partners. The Northeast will be a very strong division like another poster said having 8 or 9 in top 100 clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        You idiot, you know have to Play in New York
        And New Jersey as well right?? long soccer soccer Club, New York soccer club, Sta and cedar stars Bergen!!!! #educateyourselfclown
        That's exactly my point. Yes I know that MA teams will be scheduled to play against clubs in NJ, NY and NJ. I think it is ridiculous for leagues to routinely send their teams this far for regular games. Tournaments are one thing, regular games are another and it is stupid. Like I said, you are all becoming sheep. #stupidandyoudontknowit

Comment

All these games are now less than a 4 hour drive except PDA. You only need 2 nights of hotel room instead of 3. This is far cheaper than going to 2 tournaments. You save money on flight, hotel, car rental and food. Local College coaches will come to all these if players reach out. I know Scorpions and Stars send out emails to all colleges in the area to come watch. How many college coaches do you have at your league games on weekends.

Comment

That's exactly my point. Yes I know that MA teams will be scheduled to play against clubs in NJ, NY and NJ. I think it is ridiculous for leagues to routinely send their teams this far for regular games. Tournaments are one thing, regular games are another and it is stupid. Like I said, you are all becoming sheep. #stupidandyoudontknowit
            Why do people equate driving in a car to torture? Grew up in the Midwest and driving 2hrs is routine, people commute that distance for work. Played hockey and spent more time traveling than my kids do for ECNL. It didn’t ruin my childhood, loved playing and would do it again in a second if given the choice. Believe it or not some people don’t mind the travel at all. Labeling someone else making a different choice than you would a sheep sounds like the more uneducated opinion to me.

Comment

Agree.. The sheep guy is butt hurt his daughters team is not in ECNL.

Comment

Less travel than GAL. ECNL wins again.
                How so? Looks virtually the same to me. Actually, looks like ECNL smartened up and borrowed from how GAL did it.

Comment

Yes, ECNL is copying GAL’s model. Next they will kick out all the great ECNL clubs and add town travel teams so the leagues will really be the same.

Comment

Yes, ECNL is copying GAL’s model. Next they will kick out all the great ECNL clubs and add town travel teams so the leagues will really be the same.

The travel model, numbnuts.

Boy you ECNL cheerleaders can't get out of your own way sometimes... Sometimes when you piss on the whole world, some gets all over your own leg.

Comment

They did not copy their model. Due to having 18 teams it made sense to split the division in two. This was done for the younger teams for the past 2 years. Only made sense to do now for the older teams with more teams added. My question is will they only play 8 games now instead of 14 like this year or is there some cross over play? Do they play each club home and away for 16 games. Hopefully more news to come.

Comment

8 opponents home and away is 16 games. 2 cross over weekend (one home one travel) is 20 games. Pretty easy to figure out.

Comment

They did not copy their model. Due to having 18 teams it made sense to split the division in two. This was done for the younger teams for the past 2 years. Only made sense to do now for the older teams with more teams added. My question is will they only play 8 games now instead of 14 like this year or is there some cross over play? Do they play each club home and away for 16 games. Hopefully more news to come.
                          Both should add one team. Who will be added on NE?

NEFC? Albany Alleycats? Manhattan Soccer Club?

Comment

Both should add one team. Who will be added on NE?

NEFC? Albany Alleycats? Manhattan Soccer Club?
                            Could be 2 north or 2 south and shift the PDA White & Blue into the same conference. Meaning, don’t just think about NY & MA teams as # 19 & 20. Could be from NJ, MD, DE or PA.

Comment

Could be 2 north or 2 south and shift the PDA White & Blue into the same conference. Meaning, don’t just think about NY & MA teams as # 19 & 20. Could be from NJ, MD, DE or PA.
                              NEFC will get it. JD knows that he has to make "his league" the best there is. He is getting all the SSS players so he doesn't need NEFC's players any more. Letting NEFC in kills off GAL

Comment

NEFC will get it. JD knows that he has to make "his league" the best there is. He is getting all the SSS players so he doesn't need NEFC's players any more. Letting NEFC in kills off GAL
                                What makes you think NEFC wants in?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X