• Time
  • Show
Clear All

JF officially resigned from GPS today.

Comment

talking soccer

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      And JF just sent an email that he is starting a new club.
      Interesting that SC resigned from NEFC today

Comment

Depends on your definition of competitive - GPS RI 2005 and 2006 boys are State Cup champions, their 2004 boys are a strong NPL team who continue to perform well at the high level of this league, while their 2003 team lost the State Cup final on PK's.
        Means nothing if you lose an RI state cup final in pks. NObody cares, its RI. You must be so happy to get 2nd place then

Comment

Bayside could get ECNL, if Scorpions buys them.....
          Lol. Not happening, but funny as hell.

Comment

MY and DY confirmed to join SC and his boogie board club at Surf

Comment

Heard MY was staying with NEFC. Is the Surf RI Domination plan already falling apart?

Comment

MY and DY confirmed to join SC and his boogie board club at Surf
                Confirmed by sending out a statement to their teams?

Comment

Lat, you overestimate the quality of players left in RI once you take the best few to play for Stars/Scorpions. Not a single team from NEFC South or GPS RI would compete with current ECNL teams. You have enough trouble playing the likes of Bayside and Bruno and squeezing out a win, at least on the girls side.
                  Are all the best players in RI really playing at Stars/Scorpions? Everyone is driving to Taunton or, heaven forbid, Lancaster?

Where is everyone else?

Comment

Cant wait to see the SC and JF relationship unfold.

Comment

Lol. Not happening, but funny as hell.
                      Bayside is getting the new MLS age group for boys U13-U19

Comment

Confirmed by sending out a statement to their teams?
                        I suspect this post was from someone on the inside, not from a parent who's gotten a notification. Or maybe it was SC, or DY, or MY them self. Or just a isht-stirrer. Or all of the above.

Comment

Are all the best players in RI really playing at Stars/Scorpions? Everyone is driving to Taunton or, heaven forbid, Lancaster?

Where is everyone else?
                          For girls, it was Lancaster, Taunton and Mendon. Natural consolidation of talent to the highest levels of competition when college recruiting/showcasing became important, around U14/15. Ulittle ages RI clubs were fine. With GDA gone and much of the former DA top talent making a jump to ECNL, it’s just Lancaster and Taunton now. If a female player in RI has the talent, they move to a MA club.

Comment

I suspect this post was from someone on the inside, not from a parent who's gotten a notification. Or maybe it was SC, or DY, or MY them self. Or just a isht-stirrer. Or all of the above.
                            I know for a fact NEFC sent emails to South teams yesterday or the day before stating SC had resigned and left the organization. I heard through the soccer grapevine this was to go to Surf. Same goes for GPS RI.

We’ll see how it all actually plays out.

Comment

I know for a fact NEFC sent emails to South teams yesterday or the day before stating SC had resigned and left the organization. I heard through the soccer grapevine this was to go to Surf. Same goes for GPS RI.

We’ll see how it all actually plays out.
                              NEFC publicly acknowledged his departure. Yesterday's departure from GPS, and the zoom meeting with GPS parents letting them know about starting RI Surf makes SC's departure seem too coincidental to not be related. The information about MY and DY is still in "rumor" territory. But a lot things about these developments that started out as anonymous rumors have turned out to be true.

Comment

Where is everyone else?
                                Not all the best players are playing out of state. There are many top level players who play for local clubs. Families may choose to stay local due to costs, travel or are already satisfied with their kids coaches and development. Some will lead you to believe that’s not the case but typically have an agenda or want to believe their kid is superior and need to justify the money spent.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X