Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I love all of the “middling B team” type comments. But if the same 18 kids had another shirt on and played for Club X, then it’s fine—they are the “A” team. Nevermind that there are some ECNL A teams that get smoked by Stars White teams consistently. Because the club has 2 teams, none of those kids can play. Ok.
    That's a whole 'nother discussion on how some of these teams are in ECNL......

Same club, two teams, allowed for the almighty dollar and vandettas.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2810919]Here is the first paragraph of the GAL membership application from their website:

Application Information
      Criteria for Acceptance
      - First consideration for admittance into the Girls Academy League should be given to former Girls Development Academy Member Clubs.
      - Proven history of developing elite female players.
      - Proven history of competing at elite levels of competition.
      - Coaching staff experience and licensure.
      - Tenure of management and coaching staff.
      - Coaching education development within the Girls programming of the club.
      - Does New Member Applicant “negatively” impact Girls Academy League member's market by effecting player pool or collaboration.
      - History of club leadership

lol too funny..... the only criteria for GAL is....if you can pay the money...you can join. Quite simple! that's the only criteria.

Comment

That's a whole 'nother discussion on how some of these teams are in ECNL......

Same club, two teams, allowed for the almighty dollar and vandettas.
        Similar to some of the teams that were in GDA and now GA? There were way more 6-0+ score lines in GDA in the northeast than you see in ECNL. So if ECNL collapses tomorrow, do you think NEFC and sss would welcome Stars and Scorpions into their league? All of the clubs are the same. Smart parents choose where they bring their kid based on coaching and training and then consider the league (and whether travel is manageable).

Comment

And, yet, you are doing nothing to dispel the point: ECNL took it in the two-hole from Stars and did so willingly. It's about politics, money, and vandettas.

No need for a club, any club, to pressure a league to prioritize getting an extra team vs. another. The only reason is cash. Cash is king. Just accept it.
          Yes, ECNL wanted Stars and PDA to drop DA. And clubs like Stars wanted to replace the fact that they'd be agreeing to lose a top team if they dropped DA (remember they'd been somewhat uneasily marketing both DA and ECNL as top teams). So the league gave them 2 ECNL teams to induce them to drop DA. It wasn't about screwing NEFC - they'd gone full on DA at the time. Fast-forward, we are where we are. Stop complaining about the past. Sure there's a money, politics component but ECNL has no compelling reason to add another eastern MA club. They just don't. And if they did, NEFC probably doesn't make the most sense geographically - not to mention, as you point out, Stars wouldn't like it. Who the #(#& cares. If you want your daughter to play ECNL bring her to Stars or Scorpions for a tryout. If you'd rather stay with NEFC - go right ahead. They're a fine club.

Comment

Similar to some of the teams that were in GDA and now GA? There were way more 6-0+ score lines in GDA in the northeast than you see in ECNL. So if ECNL collapses tomorrow, do you think NEFC and sss would welcome Stars and Scorpions into their league? All of the clubs are the same. Smart parents choose where they bring their kid based on coaching and training and then consider the league (and whether travel is manageable).

Actually, yes...if somehow ECNL collapsed, I see no reason why they wouldn't be welcomed back. Well, they'd make them grovel, but they would. What I can't see happening would be NEFC putting in two teams and sending their minions out to try to stay they are equal....

Comment

Yes, ECNL wanted Stars and PDA to drop DA. And clubs like Stars wanted to replace the fact that they'd be agreeing to lose a top team if they dropped DA (remember they'd been somewhat uneasily marketing both DA and ECNL as top teams). So the league gave them 2 ECNL teams to induce them to drop DA. It wasn't about screwing NEFC - they'd gone full on DA at the time. Fast-forward, we are where we are. Stop complaining about the past. Sure there's a money, politics component but ECNL has no compelling reason to add another eastern MA club. They just don't. And if they did, NEFC probably doesn't make the most sense geographically - not to mention, as you point out, Stars wouldn't like it. Who the #(#& cares. If you want your daughter to play ECNL bring her to Stars or Scorpions for a tryout. If you'd rather stay with NEFC - go right ahead. They're a fine club.
              Sure, ECNL has a compelling reason to add another club. Their model has already proven it can support 3.

As mentioned...I'm not advocating FOR NEFC. I'm not advocating for anything for my daughter. It's not a personal issue for my family. It's fodder for the flav-o-aid drinkers trying to justify how a league is letting a club prioritize their cash over what would be best for the league.

Comment

Thank you all for engaging in my banter. I'm just fvckin' around. While philosophically, I do have an issue with it, ultimately I could give a rat's azz. We are not in a position to play for Stars due to where we live, but wish them no ill will. My daughter has many friends who play there and wish them nothing but the best. Same goes for all the ECNL, DA, EDP, DPL, whatever clubs in New England. I love the game, want to see it keep progressing, and want for New England to shine on the national stage.

Hope everyone gets back on the pitch and soon and can enjoy the game some of us love so dearly.

Comment

let's take a vote. How many of you think that if the shoe was on the other foot that NEFC and SSS would welcome Stars and Scorps into DA with open arms if ECNL suddenly folded like DA just did? hahahahahahhaa I DON'T!!
                  hahahahahahahahahahahhaha. They would never, ever, ever let both teams into DA. Anyone disagree with that statement? I love the holier than now people that complain about Stars and Scoprs not letting the best teams into ECNL. As this post started I think it was 55 of the best 70 clubs are already in ECNL so they do have the majority of the best clubs. Again, if the shoe was on the other foot NB and LL would tell Stars and Scorps to F'off and probably-ok, definitely quicker than Stars and Scorps do to NEFC and SSS! I think this ends that argument complaining about why 4 teams aren't in ECNL from Massachusetts. Each team protects its own best interests! and that means never will there be 4 teams from Massachusetts in the best league whether it be ECNL or the folded DA league. Period. End of sentence!

Comment

I disagree. As a board member, you have a responsibility to do what is right for the league. That said, NEFC and SSS will be fine. GA league is a great alternative, and quite frankly no difference in quality to ECNL. Play the other local teams if you want bragging rights.

let's take a vote. How many of you think that if the shoe was on the other foot that NEFC and SSS would welcome Stars and Scorps into DA with open arms if ECNL suddenly folded like DA just did? hahahahahahhaa I DON'T!!
                    hahahahahahahahahahahhaha. They would never, ever, ever let both teams into DA. Anyone disagree with that statement? I love the holier than now people that complain about Stars and Scoprs not letting the best teams into ECNL. As this post started I think it was 55 of the best 70 clubs are already in ECNL so they do have the majority of the best clubs. Again, if the shoe was on the other foot NB and LL would tell Stars and Scorps to F'off and probably-ok, definitely quicker than Stars and Scorps do to NEFC and SSS! I think this ends that argument complaining about why 4 teams aren't in ECNL from Massachusetts. Each team protects its own best interests! and that means never will there be 4 teams from Massachusetts in the best league whether it be ECNL or the folded DA league. Period. End of sentence!

Comment

I disagree. As a board member, you have a responsibility to do what is right for the league. That said, NEFC and SSS will be fine. GA league is a great alternative, and quite frankly no difference in quality to ECNL. Play the other local teams if you want bragging rights.
                      The quality will be different

Comment

There is no team in MA head and shoulders better than the other MA clubs. Those other clubs would not hesitate to play against Stars. NEFC has always done well head to head and would be at the top of ECNL league too.

The quality will be different

Comment

There is no team in MA head and shoulders better than the other MA clubs. Those other clubs would not hesitate to play against Stars. NEFC has always done well head to head and would be at the top of ECNL league too.
                          Don’t know if that’s true in EVERY age group but... the larger point is its not about the league, its about the competition in practice 3x a week and a coach willing to push outside of the comfort level. I’d market ECNL if I were stars too because its the only positive differentiation they have. Hang your hat on the league if you can’t outcoach or out facility.

Comment

Don’t know if that’s true in EVERY age group but... the larger point is its not about the league, its about the competition in practice 3x a week and a coach willing to push outside of the comfort level. I’d market ECNL if I were stars too because its the only positive differentiation they have. Hang your hat on the league if you can’t outcoach or out facility.
                            Out facility? Please use your vast soccer field design expertise and tell us how Forekicks (Scorpions indoor and outdoor and NEFC indoor)/NEFC Park or Stars facility can be differentiated?

Comment

This made me laugh! Yeah, the GA will be awesome. Have some more Select kool-Aide!!!!!

Comment

Spot on

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X