Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Because they’re pros and can be isolated.
    They know how to take care of mom and dad...unlike our non-mask wearing (because it’s my right) friends.
    Study continue to find low transmission in homes.
    17% of homes that had a person test positive had it spread to anyone person in the home.
    That means 83% did not get the virus despite living with someone who has it.
    You think they all wore mask all the time in their homes?

Comment

Study continue to find low transmission in homes.
      17% of homes that had a person test positive had it spread to anyone person in the home.
      That means 83% did not get the virus despite living with someone who has it.
      You think they all wore mask all the time in their homes?
      Link? Because there are countless stories of families having it.

And yes families do isolate sick members as best they can.

Comment

Link? Because there are countless stories of families having it.

And yes families do isolate sick members as best they can.
        "Countless" is an ambiguous amount. You could hear a few stories and think "wow, that's a lot" and you could then think it's "countless", and still fit within that 17%, no?

Comment

"Countless" is an ambiguous amount. You could hear a few stories and think "wow, that's a lot" and you could then think it's "countless", and still fit within that 17%, no?
          Poster asked for a link. I want to see it as well.

Comment

A question that arises out of that claim is how sick was the infected patient? Data shows asymptomatic patients don't have nearly the same viral load as someone with full blown symptoms. The ability to spread out family members, or not, would also matter a good deal.

Comment

Poster also used an ambiguous term to try to prove a point, which is unprovable.

Comment

Poster also used an ambiguous term to try to prove a point, which is unprovable.
                The poster also ignores the many cases of superspreaders at church services or parties that result in dozens of more cases. One infected NY lawyer infected over 70 other people! Those aren't family members are they?

Comment

The poster also ignores the many cases of superspreaders at church services or parties that result in dozens of more cases. One infected NY lawyer infected over 70 other people! Those aren't family members are they?
                  Ok...and? I was asking about "countless" and what that meant.

Stay on point.

If liberal elite lawyers in hoity-toity areas outside the city want to ignore the rules and spread it around to other snobby elites, I'm OK with that, honestly.

Comment

I posted the NEJM links. And as I said, I wear a mask.
                    The conclusion that I draw from those articles however is that masks in everyday life are unnecessary and serve, to use the authors term, mostly as a "talisman" reminding us all that we still need to be careful. Yes, the masks obviously reduce the transmission risk, and I will concede that it could be 10x better, if others concede that means the everyday risk moves from .001% to .01%. We should OK with 4-Nines of safety.

The net of this is that the opinion of medical experts and the data from MA Covid dashboard, show the incremental risk of Covid spread due to outdoor HS athletics is trivial. Play ball, keep granny home, sanitize thoroughly before seeing her, and oh yea, wear a mask when you do.

Comment

I posted the NEJM links. And as I said, I wear a mask.
                      The conclusion that I draw from those articles however is that masks in everyday life are unnecessary and serve, to use the authors term, mostly as a "talisman" reminding us all that we still need to be careful. Yes, the masks obviously reduce the transmission risk, and I will concede that it could be 10x better, if others concede that means the everyday risk moves from .001% to .01%. We should OK with 4-Nines of safety.

The net of this is that the opinion of medical experts and the data from MA Covid dashboard, show the incremental risk of Covid spread due to outdoor HS athletics is trivial. Play ball, keep granny home, sanitize thoroughly before seeing her, and oh yea, wear a mask when you do.

That sounds racist.

Comment

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/24/88231...ring-lockdowns
                        This is why schools should open.

Comment

Everyone there is going to be NO high school sports. Biden in his speech on Thursday said
                          quote..."120 MILLION people have died due to covid-19". 120 MILLION....I'm not having my son play high school soccer this fall. NOWAY!!!!! I thought the virus was going down in Massachusetts but not according to biden. I'm keeping my kids in forever!!!!!

You people are soooo selfish wanting your kids to play soccer when 120 MILLION people have already died!!!

Comment

Everyone there is going to be NO high school sports. Biden in his speech on Thursday said
                            quote..."120 MILLION people have died due to covid-19". 120 MILLION....I'm not having my son play high school soccer this fall. NOWAY!!!!! I thought the virus was going down in Massachusetts but not according to biden. I'm keeping my kids in forever!!!!!

You people are soooo selfish wanting your kids to play soccer when 120 MILLION people have already died!!!
                            I thought he said Billion?
                            120 billion dead.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X