Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Please. Ecnl has been a b-level league now for years. Most of these clubs are better than bucks delco and south. Keep drinking the ecnl kool aid.
    agreed.. there are teams in ECNL that are below the level of some of those GAL teams, lets not kid ourselves... Each league has very good teams and some not so good.

Comment

agreed.. there are teams in ECNL that are below the level of some of those GAL teams, lets not kid ourselves... Each league has very good teams and some not so good.
      Agree but just a little better now in ECNL vs GAL.

They should move Bucks and Delco to GAL and move FCV and Oakwood to ECNL.

Comment

Agree. Hahahaha. These leagues are actually pretty equal.

Agree but just a little better now in ECNL vs GAL.

They should move Bucks and Delco to GAL and move FCV and Oakwood to ECNL.

Comment

GDA parent from another Region, and I've seen about 60-70% of these teams play over the last two years. My impression is the best of the best, MOST are in ECNL. Worst of the worst, likely the most are in GAL. There's a massive group in the middle that are within a goal of each other, which is really all you should be hoping for: games to be competitive. I have no desire to drive 4 hours to lose 6-0, nor win 6-0.

ECNL teams are generally deeper and better as you get into subbing. That could (COULD) change with the HS situation sorting itself out and some players now playing who didn't before, so that could improve.

But, if anyone really cares enough on "What league is better?" I'll say "ECNL" followed up by "Who gives a shlt?"

Comment

Hahahahaha Agree. Very little difference between leagues and will likely become more balanced going forward.

GDA parent from another Region, and I've seen about 60-70% of these teams play over the last two years. My impression is the best of the best, MOST are in ECNL. Worst of the worst, likely the most are in GAL. There's a massive group in the middle that are within a goal of each other, which is really all you should be hoping for: games to be competitive. I have no desire to drive 4 hours to lose 6-0, nor win 6-0.

ECNL teams are generally deeper and better as you get into subbing. That could (COULD) change with the HS situation sorting itself out and some players now playing who didn't before, so that could improve.

But, if anyone really cares enough on "What league is better?" I'll say "ECNL" followed up by "Who gives a shlt?"

Comment

I guess the question is, is the quality difference between usys and GAL measurable, and if so is the extra travel worth the difference? To me, I'm not seeing the draw to join GAL over usys. Seems like the clubs not invited to ecnl scrambled to make something they could control (and profit from) instead of focusing on what made the da fail and giving a better product.

Comment

I guess the question is, is the quality difference between usys and GAL measurable, and if so is the extra travel worth the difference? To me, I'm not seeing the draw to join GAL over usys. Seems like the clubs not invited to ecnl scrambled to make something they could control (and profit from) instead of focusing on what made the da fail and giving a better product.
                Bottom line it’s the B League now and USYS is the C league.

Comment

Bottom line it’s the B League now and USYS is the C league.
                  is that really true thought? is gal actually > usys or is that just perceived right now?

Comment

I think you missed the entire point, based on your last sentence. Because, that is EXACTLY what they did. The two biggest complaints they heard was: No HS and no re-entry on subbing. So, they changed that rule.

Mostly, the rest stayed the same. Pretty much same teams, conference structure, and likely the same showcase structure (but other ideas are in the works).

They took what they liked and kept it; took what they didn't and threw it away. Most of these clubs knew they weren't going to get into ECNL as they tried for several years and were rebuffed, so there wasn't much put into that.

Comment

I think you missed the entire point, based on your last sentence. Because, that is EXACTLY what they did. The two biggest complaints they heard was: No HS and no re-entry on subbing. So, they changed that rule.

Mostly, the rest stayed the same. Pretty much same teams, conference structure, and likely the same showcase structure (but other ideas are in the works).

They took what they liked and kept it; took what they didn't and threw it away. Most of these clubs knew they weren't going to get into ECNL as they tried for several years and were rebuffed, so there wasn't much put into that.
                      Those two issues were addressed, but making the travel more localized doesn't seem to have been. Also, wasn't there just an announcement by USYS that they were inviting all of those former DA teams into a special league? https://www.edpsoccer.com/news_article/show/1101687

Comment

Those two issues were addressed, but making the travel more localized doesn't seem to have been. Also, wasn't there just an announcement by USYS that they were inviting all of those former DA teams into a special league? https://www.edpsoccer.com/news_article/show/1101687
                        Actually, it was addressed.

The conferences are designed to operate within different Regions. I.e. NY/NJ teams will play each other more often than New England teams. They still will crossover, but there will be more games not requiring hotel stays. They also changed the goal to limit two games/weekend to also closer match customer requests. So, when you DO travel for an away game with some distance, you won't have to do it twice (albeit with a hotel stay in between, similar to ECNL).

(I'm a little more knowledgeable with the Northeast setup, so can't speak to how the Mid-Atlantic travel times are)

Comment

Actually, it was addressed.

The conferences are designed to operate within different Regions. I.e. NY/NJ teams will play each other more often than New England teams. They still will crossover, but there will be more games not requiring hotel stays. They also changed the goal to limit two games/weekend to also closer match customer requests. So, when you DO travel for an away game with some distance, you won't have to do it twice (albeit with a hotel stay in between, similar to ECNL).

(I'm a little more knowledgeable with the Northeast setup, so can't speak to how the Mid-Atlantic travel times are)
                          That's interesting, but I guess from the outside in doesn't seem so. I guess my point is the mid-atlantic includes only 2 NJ teams (SJEB and CSA monmouth), 2 PA teams, a Maryland team, and then 3 Virginia teams. If you are from CSA, then the best travel time is (I guess) an hour and 15 min (best case) to either Philadelphia or Tuckahoe. If cross-conference games are common, then they could get more localized games (STA and the closer NY teams).

Comment

That's interesting, but I guess from the outside in doesn't seem so. I guess my point is the mid-atlantic includes only 2 NJ teams (SJEB and CSA monmouth), 2 PA teams, a Maryland team, and then 3 Virginia teams. If you are from CSA, then the best travel time is (I guess) an hour and 15 min (best case) to either Philadelphia or Tuckahoe. If cross-conference games are common, then they could get more localized games (STA and the closer NY teams).
                            If CSA Mon girls want to stay with GAL they probably should leave CSA Mon. Better situation at other GAL teams.

Comment

Yeah I'll defer on the travel times between teams in that area. I was surprised to see CSA Monmouth not in Northeast.

I do think it's better, at least in our area it will be.

Comment

Very true all about retaining control while retaining business and Maintaining the same messaging of our league is Elite it’s this it’s that....The only reason these teams did not join USYS is because it would have blown up their business model as they have their B and C teams playing EDP.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X