Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebate/refund?

I have a feeling somehow this question will get a string of negative feedback. But it is JUST a question. Do you think parents should be credited for the club season (Spring) that we have paid for but our players can obviously not have? Esp for HS players whose club season is Spring only - its a big bill. If clubs are laying off coach's and /or not paying for field usage - and they are collecting the same amount of funds - it does just doesn't seem right. Should there be some credit passed on the families? yes? no?

It really depends how all this pans out, doesn't it?

Comment

No club soccer this summer or in the fall, unless antibody testing is widely administered.

Comment

Might not be strictly necessary. If you can actually keep people from transmitting it to each other for a few weeks, you may be done for a while. Then you just have to keep it from coming in from somewhere else (which is where we started).

Comment

I'm hoping town spring soccer moves all games to summer soccer schedule mid June -Aug.. If not all parents fees should be credited towards the fall and rosters stay the same moving from spring into summer or fall.

As for club soccer they too should makeup the season over the summer, if they can't this summer, next summer. Somehow families should get credit for the next club season.

Comment

Hate to break it to you. No sports this summer.

The minute we start up again, surge will happen. Back to quarantine.

I promise

Comment

agreed. mass is canceling summer programs. no soccer

Comment

I can't believe people think this is magically going away by fall. You think your kids are going to back to school in late August?

Think again.

Comment

RI soccer talk

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  I can't believe people think this is magically going away by fall. You think your kids are going to back to school in late August?

Think again.

Hi, is anyone asking clubs to refund $?

Comment

Think again.
                    This isn't about magic, it's about managing the transmission of a communicable disease. Do you think your kids aren't going back to school in late August?

Comment

Yes I do. The economy can not handle kids being home and parents out of work. The government will not continue to fund our staycation. Yes kids will be back to school, parents back to work. Soccer will resume.

Comment

Yes I do. The economy can not handle kids being home and parents out of work. The government will not continue to fund our staycation. Yes kids will be back to school, parents back to work. Soccer will resume.
                        The economy couldn't handle shutting down for even a month, and yet, they did it.

When we "go back" it will be in shifts for schools and workplaces (1/2 stay home, 1/2 go, then flip and repeat). Lots of on site testing, wearing masks, cleaning surfaces, etc.

Youth sports will be an afterthought. What school or league wants to risk a startup, have a resurgence and then get sued? How do you even hold practices while adhering to guidelines.

I know you want soccer to resume, but you need to realize it won't happen until we have testing AT SCALE (good luck with waiting for that one). The vaccine is too far off to be an answer in 2020.

What you don't seem to grasp is we aren't returning to the world we once knew.

Comment

Totally agree with the post above.

Check out what "going back" means:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-coronavirus-economic-reopening-will-be-fragile-partial-and-slow-11586800447?mod=hp_featst_pos1&mod=article_inline

Comment

Lots of young people and families with young kids aren't even following the guidelines now... you can just walk around your neighborhood and look with your eyes. What makes you think people are going to accept heavy restrictions deep into the fall or beyond?

Comment

Totally agree with the post above.

Check out what "going back" means:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-coronavirus-economic-reopening-will-be-fragile-partial-and-slow-11586800447?mod=hp_featst_pos1&mod=article_inline
                              Don’t repost garbage.
                              So many negative people.
                              The first month there will be masks then it will be summer. In RI with so few nice days do you really think families will wear sweaty masks and stay home? No. Kids will be on field and families at beaches. Can’t control the world. Quarantine the weak and the rest will get the economy AND sports going.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X