Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is the TrumpVirus advancing in your town?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Logical Voice

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    As of Friday, March 13, there have been 137 Trump virus tests completed in the state. Of those, 125 have come back negative.

137.......that is pathetic.
    Why is that pathetic?

How many tests should have been run by now? Is there some numerical objective that we are supposed to have reached by now?

The question is really this. Are there people that doctors in CT want to have tested that cannot be tested? Do we actually know that?

Why should anyone be tested? I think the CDC has puts some suggestions out on that. Are we having trouble getting those who should be tested, actually tested? Have we seen any reports of that?

Numbers mean nothing without a context. Give me a context that reflects why 137 is pathetic, or leave the decisions to those with real expertise.

Comment

As of Friday, March 13, there have been 137 Trump virus tests completed in the state. Of those, 125 have come back negative.

137.......that is pathetic.
      So 91% of the people who doctors think have it don’t. Ct has a doctor problem, not a covid19 problem.

They should have to retake their license exam

Said another way, ct wasted 125 tests that could have been used by real sick people

Comment

Listen to the professionals.....

“The system is not really geared to what we need right now, what you are asking for. That is a failing,” said Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, who leads the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, in testimony before the House Committee on Oversight and Reform on Thursday. “It is a failing. I mean, let’s admit it.”

Dr. Fauci added: “The idea of anybody getting it easily the way people in other countries are doing it, we are not set up for that. Do I think we should be? Yes. But we are not.”

Comment

Why is that pathetic?

How many tests should have been run by now? Is there some numerical objective that we are supposed to have reached by now?

The question is really this. Are there people that doctors in CT want to have tested that cannot be tested? Do we actually know that?

Why should anyone be tested? I think the CDC has puts some suggestions out on that. Are we having trouble getting those who should be tested, actually tested? Have we seen any reports of that?

Numbers mean nothing without a context. Give me a context that reflects why 137 is pathetic, or leave the decisions to those with real expertise.
          There are MANY reports of people with symptoms who are actively seeking testing, but to no avail. Just do some research, Fox is not reporting on it.

Cases are popping up, i think there should be widespread testing in those area. I realize many negatives results will occer, but even that is useful info for the medical community.

Once your kid gets it, you will change your mind.

Comment

So 91% of the people who doctors think have it don’t. Ct has a doctor problem, not a covid19 problem.

Said another way, ct wasted 125 tests that could have been used by real sick people
            Lol, you really have no clue. There is no waste, this is how medical testing works. You worried your taxes will go up?

Comment

Why is that pathetic?

From CT Mirror (sorry, not owned by Rupert Murdoch):
              The CT state Department of Public Health returned the first positive result of a Westport resident late Thursday, giving the state its 6th confirmed case. But the nationwide shortage of testing kits is slowing the ability of local officials to swab all those exposed or symptomatic, thwarting efforts to trace the spread of the disease.

Comment

Why is that pathetic?

I realize it is difficult for you to realize your Super Mangod is screwing this up, and your whole self identity is wrapped up in his perfection.

Just try and accept there is an alternate reality, and in this polar opposite world people are worried about their parents and kids, and they know bullshlt when they see it and hear it. And you dear leader is full of it, and people will suffer because of his ineptitude.

And yes, testing is a problem. I dont know what the right number is. But even my eight year old knows 137 is too few.

Comment

Until tests are more widely available I would agree. But don't forget it's still flu season and flu presents similar symptoms. Now that there is community spread you can't just rely on the criteria of international travel or direct contact with a confirmed patient.

Also, it's important to know how many really have it and once more tests are available more need to be tested. Bigger sample sizes give us better data. Having the right denominator gives us a better infection and mortality rate. South Korea has tested like crazy and their mortality rate is .7%, much lower than China and elsewhere. That is important data to have.

Comment

I realize it is difficult for you to realize your Super Mangod is screwing this up, and your whole self identity is wrapped up in his perfection.

Just try and accept there is an alternate reality, and in this polar opposite world people are worried about their parents and kids, and they know bullshlt when they see it and hear it. And you dear leader is full of it, and people will suffer because of his ineptitude.

And yes, testing is a problem. I dont know what the right number is. But even my eight year old knows 137 is too few.
                    Given how many cases there are in very nearby NY and MA I've no doubt there are more cases than have been proven thus far. Some people that think they have won't even bother to get tested, just like many don't with the flu. More rational people know that unless they're in a high risk group they will be fine. Call your doc, monitor your temp, breathing etc. Most times it will resolve in a few days.

Comment

God bless trump. He is the best president (besides the Washington) and doing great.

4 more years is inevitable now!

Dems are a dumpster fire.

Comment

God bless trump. He is the best president (besides the Washington) and doing great.

4 more years is inevitable now!

Dems are a dumpster fire.
                        He is the best and very very good. He's the most beautiful piece of chocolate cake

Comment

Lol, you really have no clue. There is no waste, this is how medical testing works. You worried your taxes will go up?
                          So you use the same needle to take blood samples, you use the same vial to collect and transport the sample to the lab, you use the same serology testing equipment multiple times. That doesn't even include the waste of medical staff time to draw samples, transport and test, etc.

It is a huge waste. Why do you think dems are complaining abut not enough testing kits available? They dont ship one to Stamford Hospital and tat one covers the whole Hospital. You are the idiot.

Stick to your expertise, girls HS soccer critic

Comment

Too low? People arent using them on the right population. 91% of tests in CT used on the wrong patients. Sorry, you arent going to get tested daily. not how it works. If you are clear today and then go to work or the supermarket, are you going to go back next week and get tested again.

Comment

From CT Mirror (sorry, not owned by Rupert Murdoch):
                              The CT state Department of Public Health returned the first positive result of a Westport resident late Thursday, giving the state its 6th confirmed case. But the nationwide shortage of testing kits is slowing the ability of local officials to swab all those exposed or symptomatic, thwarting efforts to trace the spread of the disease.
                              how do they know who is exposed?potentially everyone is exposed

you just had a guy fly from NY to Fla and was positive
                              potentially everyone in both airports
                              everyone on the plane
                              every one he came in contact with for the previous 3 days in NY
                              everyone who handled his baggage
                              everyone who cleaned the plane
                              and everyone he came into contact with when he disclosed his condition

lots of people are exposed- few show symptoms and get sick

Comment

So you use the same needle to take blood samples, you use the same vial to collect and transport the sample to the lab, you use the same serology testing equipment multiple times. That doesn't even include the waste of medical staff time to draw samples, transport and test, etc.

It is a huge waste. Why do you think dems are complaining abut not enough testing kits available? They dont ship one to Stamford Hospital and tat one covers the whole Hospital. You are the idiot.

Stick to your expertise, girls HS soccer critic
                                Low information voter

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X