Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You can’t wait for that. Trust me, she’ll love it. Just check out the FC Bucks 06 thread.

Wait, what? Are you saying the parent should be making a decision on where a kid plays, when they didn't even ask?

If this doesn't sum up living vicariously through your kid, nothing will.

Comment

Does anyone actually do that, though?
      Yup...it’s pretty funny.

Comment

Wait, what? Are you saying the parent should be making a decision on where a kid plays, when they didn't even ask?

I think the OP was being sarcastic :)

Comment

If I had left it up to my daughter at her young township days she would still be playing in SJGSL with her friends. Years later and having made the steps through EDP, DA and ECNL she now has a goal in mind for what she wants to do and now has the ability to accomplish it. IF she had stayed with her friends she would have never meet the people she has or found what she would like to do as a career.

Now, I'm not saying that parents should force their kids to move teams BUT you should make sure your kid is being challenged and advancing if that is what they want. By all means if your kid is happy scoring 6 goals a game in a local league and doesn't want to move then whatever floats your boat.

Comment

Yes, so many less issues...

If I had left it up to my daughter at her young township days she would still be playing in SJGSL with her friends. Years later and having made the steps through EDP, DA and ECNL she now has a goal in mind for what she wants to do and now has the ability to accomplish it. IF she had stayed with her friends she would have never meet the people she has or found what she would like to do as a career.

Now, I'm not saying that parents should force their kids to move teams BUT you should make sure your kid is being challenged and advancing if that is what they want. By all means if your kid is happy scoring 6 goals a game in a local league and doesn't want to move then whatever floats your boat.

Comment

This is correct. Just do it. Everyone in north jersey does it.
              We live in north Jersey and D played for ECRL team this year, and it never occurred to her/us to say she plays for ECNL. The club Adminstration always refers to her team as “the regional team” and the ECRL fees are significantly less than the ECNL fees.

Comment

Everyone we've spoke to has.

Everyone.
                Do you speak with a lot of people? Doesn’t sound like it.

Comment

How did last nights tryouts go?

Comment

And there’s the setup so this toolbox can answer his own question. Earlier than usual.

Comment

A little edgy this morning? Go have a cup of coffee and enjoy your DA team, oh wait, DA is gone and your D has no where to go . Whaaahhh!

You...are the toolbox!

Comment

Can you be more specific? How did what go, what part of the tryout? Are you looking for a parental view or a trainer view because they are totally different.

Was it a bunch of girls trying too hard, probably. We’re there annoying joy stick parents on the sideline making fools of themselves, probably.

Comment

Can you be more specific? How did what go, what part of the tryout? Are you looking for a parental view or a trainer view because they are totally different.

Was it a bunch of girls trying too hard, probably. We’re there annoying joy stick parents on the sideline making fools of themselves, probably.
                          Were there a lot of good players there?

Comment

Were there a lot of good players there?
                            Tons especially from Barons and Real.....

Comment

Ooh. That sounds really good.

Tons especially from Barons and Real.....

Comment

Just got my SJEB tryout email. Can’t wait to see how many PDA South girls are there!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X