•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here's the poster's comment:

Originally Posted by Unregistered
    My kid plays for the Stars second team. Trust me the second team can beat any of the A teams from other programs. There is some much talent in the Stars program that even there C team is very competitive. There isn't much separating a A player from a B player in the Stars program.

The second sentance says it exactly as I responded.

No problem here with Pride. My problem is with overbearing boasting and falsehoods.

Reality is hard for some to comprehend.

Be proud of your child and her team. That should be enough.
    Seriosuly if we are not talking ECNL it's not important anyway. Just because MPS, NEFC, and local club didn't buy into the model does not mean the STARS second team or any of these other clubs are not valid.

If your kid is effortlessly moving around the ball in any of these clubs and is bored to tears with the competition then maybe they should be leading the ECNL team. I have yet to see any on the girl side really stand out to be oh and ah's about their play.

Comment

Seriosuly if we are not talking ECNL it's not important anyway. Just because MPS, NEFC, and local club didn't buy into the model does not mean the STARS second team or any of these other clubs are not valid.

If your kid is effortlessly moving around the ball in any of these clubs and is bored to tears with the competition then maybe they should be leading the ECNL team. I have yet to see any on the girl side really stand out to be oh and ah's about their play.
      Didn't NEFC apply again this year? I heard they intended to do so. Only other club in the area big enough is MPS.

Comment

Didn't NEFC apply again this year? I heard they intended to do so. Only other club in the area big enough is MPS.
        LOL, neither Scorpions nor the Stars would let that happen. They would be exposed if they allowed them. Also, how much talent do you really think is in this state? They can't even put two powerhouse teams together nevermind 4.

If it was truely National why is there two teams from one state? Shouldn't be 1 team representing the whole state. Also wouldn't you think it would be the best in the region?

I think the whole thing is a scam because as big as the country is the ECNL does not cover all corners. To be National you need to cover it all.

Realize that this is just a way to develop a pipeline. They would not have a A and B bracket if they only wanted the top players. It should be something liek a New england team, southeast, central South and North, Northwest, westcoast etc... If there is to many in concetration in one area than they should have a 1 and 2 team.

Affiliating it by club assumes the club get's only the best which is not the case here in the Northeast. CFC, STAR, Scorpions, etc... not so elite in the national point of view.

Comment

Read this thread from page one. Has anything really changed in MA youth soccer since 2012?

Comment

Who cares NEFC troll? If someone is offended by being called a "second team", they'll still play for arguably the most productive club in the state both developmentally and with hardware. MPS, nefc and others are watered down with new leagues popping up to promote exposure and profit. Playing for a STARS second team is still in all likelihood a very good team w/good coaching so just get over it already or make the ENCL club.
            Thanks JD appreciate the support

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X