Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Same clubs but not same teams. The crossover games will be a disaster with Mid-Atlantic. Both divisions will have a much lower level of play vs last year with the lost of some really good players up and down the east coast. Then travel for showcase for what? More lower level competition? Penn Fusion knew this and jumped as fast as they could. My money is on another two teams getting into ECNL on the east coast after this upcoming season. USYS has a very solid platform as well and could benefit if fall GAL starts off poor.

It's a solid third league which is fine. There is a definitely a market for it. Soccer for every level of player. I'm sure it will be well organized league. I just don't see the marketing plan for "elite" working after next year.
    may i ask your daughters age group?

Comment

may i ask your daughters age group?
      Coach

Comment

If your talking the simple odds for a P5 scholarship from a USYS player is “slim to none”. Go look at the rosters of P5 programs they were filled with ECNL/DA players and supplemented with the top international players. Look at non-ECNL events very few if any P5 coaches attend. Because of budgetary reasons they now all rely on their camps/clinics because of self interest of making supplemental income for themselves and they pick those big showcase tournaments and ECNL events. You said you will do everything you can for her and that is admirable on you part but she is the one who will have to do the heavy lifting by getting identified at a camp/clinic and then hoping that coach will come to her non-ECNL showcase. If they do attend then she better be playing in a high bracket vs. a competitive team in a competitive match. Coaches will solely judge her performance against great competition if your aiming for P5 Conference schools. Coaches at that level are looking solely at athleticism, speed, quickness as their bench marks along with skills and technical abilities.
        Exactly, there is the occasional non ecnl player on the roster but most are ecnl and even those that were da were from teams that had been ecnl just the year before.

Comment

Coach
          Freak.

Comment

Freak.
            For telling people the truth about the risks and what GA really is trying to accomplish? Wonder why anyone would be mad? Hmmmm.

Comment

For telling people the truth about the risks and what GA really is trying to accomplish? Wonder why anyone would be mad? Hmmmm.
              For posting innacurate information in an effort to prey on parents' fears to help your own bottom line. I've never come across a group of people who obsess what someone else does such as the youth soccer crowd. For something that is looked upon as a non-factor, the amount of misinformation that is spread is, well, freaky.

Comment

For posting innacurate information in an effort to prey on parents' fears to help your own bottom line. I've never come across a group of people who obsess what someone else does such as the youth soccer crowd. For something that is looked upon as a non-factor, the amount of misinformation that is spread is, well, freaky.
                You call it misinformation because it will either effect your bottom line or your child’s development in GA. I understand the industry and giving my honest opinion. Either way it doesn’t effect my bottom line because I don’t coach in any of the three top youth leagues.

Comment

You call it misinformation because it will either effect your bottom line or your child’s development in GA. I understand the industry and giving my honest opinion. Either way it doesn’t effect my bottom line because I don’t coach in any of the three top youth leagues.
                  And, I'm telling you our team has had zero roster change. Same teams on the same clubs competing against the same leagues...and coaches who honestly know what they are talking about (i.e. college coaches doing the recruiting) are saying "keep doing what you are doing".

Really, this obsession with trying to tear down others is weird. And, freaky.

Comment

And, I'm telling you our team has had zero roster change. Same teams on the same clubs competing against the same leagues...and coaches who honestly know what they are talking about (i.e. college coaches doing the recruiting) are saying "keep doing what you are doing".

Have you had to pay a deposit yet? We thought our entire team was together until the club asked for a small deposit along with the pre-registration. It's been two weeks and half the team is MIA. I hope I'm wrong, but I think with everything that's going on, there'll be a lot more roster change than people expect.

Comment

Great for your team .... you should kill the league then if that is true ... everyone lost most of their talent and the clubs involved are mostly weak. If your team doesnt win it all this year, I guess it means your players COULDNT make better clubs.

Comment

Great for your team .... you should kill the league then if that is true ... everyone lost most of their talent and the clubs involved are mostly weak. If your team doesnt win it all this year, I guess it means your players COULDNT make better clubs.
                        The ECNL is not that concerned with GAL and can be patient. Their teams are already picking up the best players and hollowing out these clubs. Later, if there are geographic holes that they need to fill, they will admit more teams. US Club is a little more concerned with USYS here in the NE. USYS wants to compete with ECNL at its highest divisions but is also taking a lot of market share in the second and third tiers (look at what happened to NYCSL).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X