Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Pretty obvious that parent was referring to “lost” as no high school aged showcase tournaments were played. As for development, high school aged teams practice 3-4 times a week in Spring to catch up and be competitive.
    The entire Spring was cancelled. High school aged kids deserve more credit or refund, again, pretty obvious unless you have a child under 14.
    Really? Our club had HS-aged teams at Bethesda, CASL, EDP Fall Showcase, EDP Winter Showcase, Disney Showcase, Penn Fusion Winter Showcase, and ECNL showcases in Phoenix, South Carolina, Florida and Texas all before the lockdown. D's team (U19) played 3 showcases and really only missing 1 from their usual 4 per year.

Comment

Really? Our club had HS-aged teams at Bethesda, CASL, EDP Fall Showcase, EDP Winter Showcase, Disney Showcase, Penn Fusion Winter Showcase, and ECNL showcases in Phoenix, South Carolina, Florida and Texas all before the lockdown. D's team (U19) played 3 showcases and really only missing 1 from their usual 4 per year.
      What a terrible response to a previous post.
      Not all the PSA HS aged teams, boys or girls, went to each and every possible competition, as even some tournament schedules overlapped! What a bizarre reply!

Point was the scheduling is backloaded because HS competition extends in the Fall until middle of November.

If your child is in Academy, they don’t play HS and can go to Fall competitions.

After players come back from playing with HS teams, the teams might play 1 tournament at end of November or December.

Don’t forget about holidays that aren’t skipped: Thanksgiving, Christmas or Hanukkah, and New Year’s.

Nationwide, play stopped March 15, or did you not get the USYS notification.

Comment

What a terrible response to a previous post.
        Not all the PSA HS aged teams, boys or girls, went to each and every possible competition, as even some tournament schedules overlapped! What a bizarre reply!

Point was the scheduling is backloaded because HS competition extends in the Fall until middle of November.

If your child is in Academy, they don’t play HS and can go to Fall competitions.

After players come back from playing with HS teams, the teams might play 1 tournament at end of November or December.

Don’t forget about holidays that aren’t skipped: Thanksgiving, Christmas or Hanukkah, and New Year’s.

Nationwide, play stopped March 15, or did you not get the USYS notification.
        Not saying they went to every single tournament. After listing all the tournaments D's club had teams at, I specifically said "D's team went to 3 of them" <--clearly not "every single tournament". The point being made is that no, HS teams did not lose "all tournaments". There were multiple tournaments played in November/December that many local clubs attend at the HS aged teams.

And yes, nationwide, play stopped March 15...every tournament I listed was played before March 1.

Not sure why it was a terrible response, because it directly responds to an incorrect statement about HS-aged teams missing "all tournaments".

Comment

If you have a child on a high school team and they didn’t go to any tournaments in January or February then they got nothing regarding tournaments. Granted, all those tournaments listed above happened before 3/15 but like the poster said, if your child didn’t go to one in those first two months of the year it sucks! Because most of them would be going to ones in March and so on.

I’m happy my teenager got the extra credit back and I’m appreciative. But, let’s stop acting like it is fair. Nothing about this year was fair. The club lost money too and I get that. There’s nothing else we can do. I think most parents are frustrated with their lack of return funds. Whether it’s at PSA or whatever. The only ones on here heavily defending it are the coaches, club administrators or the Karen soccer moms who are so far up a coaches a** they will say anything to defend it bc god forbid they speak up and their child isn’t the coaches favorite.

Comment

If you have a child on a high school team and they didn’t go to any tournaments in January or February then they got nothing regarding tournaments. Granted, all those tournaments listed above happened before 3/15 but like the poster said, if your child didn’t go to one in those first two months of the year it sucks! Because most of them would be going to ones in March and so on.

I’m happy my teenager got the extra credit back and I’m appreciative. But, let’s stop acting like it is fair. Nothing about this year was fair. The club lost money too and I get that. There’s nothing else we can do. I think most parents are frustrated with their lack of return funds. Whether it’s at PSA or whatever. The only ones on here heavily defending it are the coaches, club administrators or the Karen soccer moms who are so far up a coaches a** they will say anything to defend it bc god forbid they speak up and their child isn’t the coaches favorite.
            This post was right on the money, exactly. And remember, there are boys and girls, U15-16-17-18- who may have high school kids (2002-2005 Birth Year). Everyone’s experience and opportunities different, though many of us paid roughly the same amount or in same range in terms of fees.
            Also, as someone said, I agree that this forum IS a healthy place to vent. The club admins need to hear the frustration! It took a VERY long time to respond, that was controllable.

Comment

Did PSA not send any teams to any of those tournaments? Would be very surprising if they didn't.

Comment

Did PSA not send any teams to any of those tournaments? Would be very surprising if they didn't.
                Yes they did send teams. But as the other posts have already said, not every team went to every tournament. So if there were tournaments in January and February, and your team didn’t go, then your kid got nothing regarding tournaments for the spring season or winter.

Comment

Yes they did send teams. But as the other posts have already said, not every team went to every tournament. So if there were tournaments in January and February, and your team didn’t go, then your kid got nothing regarding tournaments for the spring season or winter.
                  Were there PSA teams that didn't go to any tournaments between November-March? That would be pretty surprising if there were HS-aged teams that didn't given how many important showcases there were in that timeframe.

Comment

Just keeping this thread freash....seems to be people posting jibberish to push thread back and out of sight....so any update on how awesome the Wildcats is...

Comment

Nobody cares anymore because the new club took over in all state.
                      MF shore baby! You cannot ignore us!
                      We beat anybody in the state . No competition!
                      Players from other clubs are ready to jump ship and come over .

Comment

Nobody cares anymore because the new club took over in all state.
                        MF shore baby! You cannot ignore us!
                        We beat anybody in the state . No competition!
                        Players from other clubs are ready to jump ship and come over .
                        MF Shore baby all the way! Best club in the state, best in ALL AGE GROUPS, winning non stop for the past year, Mick Smith from PDA coming to work with us next season, DM losing his job and RT becoming the new DOC, MFA losing the ECNL badge and MF Shore getting it, jusy wait till you see what the future holds!! WE ARE THE SHORE!!

Comment

I have to admit we are starting to look at the Shore. May tryout next time around.

MF Shore baby all the way! Best club in the state, best in ALL AGE GROUPS, winning non stop for the past year, Mick Smith from PDA coming to work with us next season, DM losing his job and RT becoming the new DOC, MFA losing the ECNL badge and MF Shore getting it, jusy wait till you see what the future holds!! WE ARE THE SHORE!!

Comment

I cannot believe any adult has so much time to go on every NJ thread and post and reply to themselves about MF Shore. This is a new level of crazy from a parent or coach.

Comment

I have to admit we are starting to look at the Shore. May tryout next time around.
                              That's one smart person right here!! Call RT, he'll take your kid right now if she's is any good.

Comment

I cannot believe any adult has so much time to go on every NJ thread and post and reply to themselves about MF Shore. This is a new level of crazy from a parent or coach.
                                Sounds to me like someone's little princess couldn't make the MF Shore team. Not to worry, I'm sure she can get a participation medal and a juicebox back on her rec team.....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X