Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bolts Vs. NEFC - MLS EYDP Offers

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum. I've read through a few posts and most of the users on here seem to know the MA youth development landscape pretty well so I figured I would post here for opinions.

We were a GPS family - 2008 boys and decided when the MLS platform was announced to leave the club. Naturally, we reached out to all of the teams and received offers from both Bolts and NEFC. We are having a tough time deciding between the two.

NEFC seems like they are more concerned with player development and Bolts seems more concerned with putting together strong sides. The players goal is to go pro (what 12 year old doesn't right?) I am hoping to gain different perspectives on the clubs since both sides are trying to sell us on signing. Thoughts?

Originally posted by ChelskiBlues View Post
    Hi everyone, I am new to the forum. I've read through a few posts and most of the users on here seem to know the MA youth development landscape pretty well so I figured I would post here for opinions.

We were a GPS family - 2008 boys and decided when the MLS platform was announced to leave the club. Naturally, we reached out to all of the teams and received offers from both Bolts and NEFC. We are having a tough time deciding between the two.

NEFC seems like they are more concerned with player development and Bolts seems more concerned with putting together strong sides. The players goal is to go pro (what 12 year old doesn't right?) I am hoping to gain different perspectives on the clubs since both sides are trying to sell us on signing. Thoughts?
    Personally, If I were to do it all over again, I would go with NEFC for the reasons you listed above....player development. You can't go wrong with either but, NEFC coaching is superior and they are cheaper if $$$ is any factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Personally, If I were to do it all over again, I would go with NEFC for the reasons you listed above....player development. You can't go wrong with either but, NEFC coaching is superior and they are cheaper if $$$ is any factor.
      I’ve been doing this a long time. I’ve had 3 kids go through the Bolts. If you are on a top team you will not get better coaching. Below that it’s completely hit or miss. NEFC is perfectly fine but I’ve seen so many kids cut from the Bolts go there. Bolts MLS is the better option.

Comment

I’ve been doing this a long time. I’ve had 3 kids go through the Bolts. If you are on a top team you will not get better coaching. Below that it’s completely hit or miss. NEFC is perfectly fine but I’ve seen so many kids cut from the Bolts go there. Bolts MLS is the better option.
        Both Bolts and NEFC su*k. What you will come to realize when your kid gets older is that if he really is naturally athletic and talented he/she will be found. So many parents buying into this club soccer development crap. What I’ve realized is that the club you choose does not matter. They look for the most talented kids with natural athletic ability and claim they developed them. Don’t fall for it. Don’t drive 2 hours out of the way thinking it’s the best club, league etc. Believe in your kid and know he will excel as long as he’s happy with a great coach and teammates and choose what’s best for your family.

Comment

Both Bolts and NEFC su*k. What you will come to realize when your kid gets older is that if he really is naturally athletic and talented he/she will be found. So many parents buying into this club soccer development crap. What I’ve realized is that the club you choose does not matter. They look for the most talented kids with natural athletic ability and claim they developed them. Don’t fall for it. Don’t drive 2 hours out of the way thinking it’s the best club, league etc. Believe in your kid and know he will excel as long as he’s happy with a great coach and teammates and choose what’s best for your family.
          No one gets “found.” This is the greatest misconception in youth sports. You have no idea what time and effort players put into courting schools. What you consider “found” usually has hundred of hours of work behind the scenes that you don’t know about.

Comment

No one gets “found.” This is the greatest misconception in youth sports. You have no idea what time and effort players put into courting schools. What you consider “found” usually has hundred of hours of work behind the scenes that you don’t know about.
            Not what happened to my father. Yes, hard work pays off...absolutely.

Comment

Valeo vs Bolts vs NEFC

Hi - just wanted to get feedback from folks on why Valeo is not considered in this conversation?? What’s wrong over there? What’s good over there??

Comment

Hi - just wanted to get feedback from folks on why Valeo is not considered in this conversation?? What’s wrong over there? What’s good over there??
                Valeo is a **** show. Worst RDL program around.

Comment

Valeo is a **** show. Worst RDL program around.
                  Can you elaborate?? I noticed the boys Director JB took a group over to Surf?? What’s so bad about Valeo??

Comment

Pretty obvious NEFC doesn't get the numbers the Bolts get with their location and that is the main reason why you see some cuts join NEFC.

Their both good clubs but, NEFC in my opinion do a better job with player development.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X