Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Really? If you live in the nice burbs, you likely have volunteer fire, resident state trooper (no local police), no garbage collection and mediocre schools. What, exactly, are YOU getting for your taxes? It's safe because it's often too far for thieves to travel to .... although lately lots of 'burns were seeing a lot of car break ins before the pandemic .... look for that to return and escalate in the near future (especially with summer's arrival).
    OP here - my town isn't highly affluent but not low income either. It's quite close to a not so well off city. My taxes go to a partially professional fire department (partly volunteer) a fully staffed professional PD as well as a top 10 school district. Good snow removal and roads. I pay for garbage pickup but it's a whopping $42/month. Well water so no water bill. I get more than what I pay for in the education my 3 children have received. I'd rather pay taxes than private school tuitions. Once the kids are done with school we will downsize and move to a town with lower taxes.

Comment

If you are in Real Estate , I hope you are paying attention to all the New Yorkers moving into CT. Houses around here, not close to NY are selling in days in the current market. The demise of CT is exaggerated.

I never used the word rampant in regard to crime. Statistically , for personal safety, CT is very safe. Safer than the vast majority of other states.
      I have sold multiple house to people moving from NY...in a previous point I referenced that if taxes continue to climb those advantages of moving here will be diminished and that will subside...they have stretched out about as far as they can to make the commute feasible still...the max for those hardy souls is about 90 minutes out which brings the to the greater Waterbury area at the most...after that the opportunity costs become too high

Comment

If you are in Real Estate , I hope you are paying attention to all the New Yorkers moving into CT. Houses around here, not close to NY are selling in days in the current market. The demise of CT is exaggerated.

I never used the word rampant in regard to crime. Statistically , for personal safety, CT is very safe. Safer than the vast majority of other states.
        I am sure in all you research on crime statistics that juveniles and young adults(up to the age of 21) have not been charged with crimes they committed in CT for some years unless it was a violent crime...they get a slap on the wrist and are told not to do it again by the judge...I am sure you also know that recently our esteemed lawmakers have passed legislation that expunges juvenile records automatically for all crimes at the age of 21...this is the reason there have been more car thefts lately and it is only a matter of time before they move on to other things...

Comment

I have sold multiple house to people moving from NY...in a previous point I referenced that if taxes continue to climb those advantages of moving here will be diminished and that will subside...they have stretched out about as far as they can to make the commute feasible still...the max for those hardy souls is about 90 minutes out which brings the to the greater Waterbury area at the most...after that the opportunity costs become too high
          It's highly concentrated on the metro north line, unless you're lucky enough to be able to work from home. Even the train is a long commute, especially if your office isn't close to Grand Central. But now that companies are learning not everyone has to be in the office all the time, there may be more flexibility for people to spread out. When I moved here 20 years ago taxes in CT were much more favorable than to NY. They still are in some regards (property taxes in NY are astronomical compared to here), but not by much

Comment

It's highly concentrated on the metro north line, unless you're lucky enough to be able to work from home. Even the train is a long commute, especially if your office isn't close to Grand Central. But now that companies are learning not everyone has to be in the office all the time, there may be more flexibility for people to spread out. When I moved here 20 years ago taxes in CT were much more favorable than to NY. They still are in some regards (property taxes in NY are astronomical compared to here), but not by much
            I repeat again...if taxes continue to rise in CT the appeal of the state lessens...and if they are able to spread out due to the ability for less office time needed I believe they will migrate to a more tax friendly state like PA...even upstate NY would be more appealing it would seem

Comment

https://www.escapehere.com/destinati...he-us-in-2020/

Above is the top 25 most dangerous cities in the USA. A democrat mayor is in charge of spots #1 through #22, #24 and #25. How is this even statistically possible?

The brainwashed idiots will continue to vote these liars into office again and again.

But you can continue to hate TRUMP because cnn and cbs tell you to.

Liberals love kool-aid, tastes good sir, ...bow to your liberal slave master.

Comment

https://m.escapehere.com/destination...he-us-in-2020/

Comment

I am sure in all you research on crime statistics that juveniles and young adults(up to the age of 21) have not been charged with crimes they committed in CT for some years unless it was a violent crime...they get a slap on the wrist and are told not to do it again by the judge...I am sure you also know that recently our esteemed lawmakers have passed legislation that expunges juvenile records automatically for all crimes at the age of 21...this is the reason there have been more car thefts lately and it is only a matter of time before they move on to other things...
                  The crime statistics that I considered were for reported crimes, not arrests or convictions.
                  In addition, many Democratic run states could be considered “ soft on crime” , so your assertion is not particularly valid.

Expungement of crimes committed as a Juvenile have been around for decades, in many states around the country. In the past , it was commonly referred to as “ youthful offender” .

Otherwise, I am not in favor of the soft on crime actions here in CT. At least the call to “ defund the Police” has not gained any traction....yet.

Comment

The same old same old. Yawn. Get some new material

Comment

Lamont just announced schools will be open. Will you whiners stop complaining now? https://patch.com/connecticut/across...ol-fall-lamont

Comment

Lamont just announced schools will be open. Will you whiners stop complaining now? https://patch.com/connecticut/across...ol-fall-lamont
                        Wait, biden said this?

“Even Dr. King’s assassination did not have the worldwide impact that George Floyd’s death did,” Biden said.

This guys name should not be mentioned with those three letters (MLK)....embarrassed for Biden....on the off chance trump dies and Biden gets elected, maybe Biden will make a George Floyd Day a national holiday

Comment

Wait, biden said this?

“Even Dr. King’s assassination did not have the worldwide impact that George Floyd’s death did,” Biden said.

This guys name should not be mentioned with those three letters (MLK)....embarrassed for Biden....on the off chance trump dies and Biden gets elected, maybe Biden will make a George Floyd Day a national holiday
                          post your drivel on national politics on the political threads. This thread is to bi*ch about CT

Comment

post your drivel on national politics on the political threads. This thread is to bi*ch about CT
                            Now that I know it bothers you.....Biden looks like a unifier....not...call all republicans in the senate stupid...that will get them to work with you....luckily, he won’t be president in 2020

https://nypost.com/2020/06/12/biden-...onavirus-bill/

You ain’t the boss of me! Suck it!

Comment

Now that I know it bothers you.....Biden looks like a unifier....not...call all republicans in the senate stupid...that will get them to work with you....luckily, he won’t be president in 2020

https://nypost.com/2020/06/12/biden-...onavirus-bill/

You ain’t the boss of me! Suck it!
                              No one gives a crap about you NY Post guy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X