Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Fact is we don't have a Soccer Culture in the states which is really why Population does matter especially when you have such a small minority interested in the sport of Soccer.

So in the state if you have a bigger sample of players to draw from the better the chance of finding a quality player and the better chance they have a league or proving ground to develop the small percentage of those who love to play soccer.

American sports culture loves American Football (boys), Basketball (boys & girls), Baseball & Softball then throw in the mix Track n Field/Cross County.

After that you can find the rest of the kids playing in Fencing, Raquetball, Tennis, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, Rock Climbing, Cycling, moto-cross, badminton, ping pong, wrestling, hockey, crew and Soccer
    Based on your argument, RegionIV shouldn't dominate national events or place any more players on national teams:

Region I Total – 1,012,155
    Region II Total – 626,520
    Region III Total – 708,835
    Region IV Total – 707,638

The difference between 2, 3, and 4 are negligible. Region I should be more dominant based on your argument, but they aren't.

It would be interesting to know how many kids Japan has playing, especially females.

Their culture is to be technically sound at an early age. Much of that work is done by an American coach.

Comment

Based on your argument, RegionIV shouldn't dominate national events or place any more players on national teams:

The difference between 2, 3, and 4 are negligible. Region I should be more dominant based on your argument, but they aren't.

It would be interesting to know how many kids Japan has playing, especially females.

Their culture is to be technically sound at an early age. Much of that work is done by an American coach.
      Region I has a little problem called winter that keeps the outdoor soccer season pretty short (April - Oct)

Comment

Strecth it

Since their is no Soccer Culture in the United States.

States with higher population and better weather see sun belt states you will find more kids playing the outdoor sport of Soccer. Florida, Texas, California tend to be the states that produce the goods with the combination of great year round weather and high population to pull from.

What is your argument? Population an weather don't have an impact on the quality of players in America.

OK good one.

Comment

Higher population, better weather for soccer, a higher percentage of immigrant families from soccer cultures, access to better coaches, etc. Many factors.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X