Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    BIG DIFFERENCE between cheering and coaching from the stands. Encourage the team (not just your own kid, but all of them). But don't tell your kid to "stay wide", "hustle", "work hard", "take the shot", etc etc etc.

kids appreciate seeing their parents support them, but that does not include directing instructing or coaching from the sidelines. That just makes you look like an ass.
    You probably have rec kids v the high level kids want direction from parents.

Comment

It doesn't matter how high level the soccer is, players do not want to hurt their parents coaching on the sidelines

Comment

It doesn't matter how high level the soccer is, players do not want to hurt their parents coaching on the sidelines
        "Hear"

Comment

You should drop your kid off before the game and come back afterward and pick them up. I'm sure they don't want you even at the game. Go spend some time strolling through Costco.

Comment

Kids need to hear that from parents. The more frantic the energy from parents, the more coaching from parents, the better they perform.

When the kids travel without parents they have a hard time getting motivated and usually don't know what to do without parents directing all their actions.

You wouldn't understand because you probably have never been in to a meaningful game.
            Anyone who doesn't know this already is probably a rec level parent and has no business being a high level parent. Parents should be deeply involved in the run of play and pointing out mistakes and guiding their kids. They are as much responsible for the wins as the players. At the tournament for ecnl they called the parents up to the podium with the kids for the trophy presentation. They recognized how important they were to the win. You don't see that at rec tournaments!

Comment

Anyone who doesn't know this already is probably a rec level parent and has no business being a high level parent. Parents should be deeply involved in the run of play and pointing out mistakes and guiding their kids. They are as much responsible for the wins as the players. At the tournament for ecnl they called the parents up to the podium with the kids for the trophy presentation. They recognized how important they were to the win. You don't see that at rec tournaments!
              I actually have started taking a bull horn to my kids games to make sure they hear me.

Comment

not only have a high level kid, but was a high level kid myself.
                You're a narcissistic moron if you think your kid wants to hear your loud mouth.

Comment

not only have a high level kid, but was a high level kid myself.
                  You're a narcissistic moron if you think your kid wants to hear your loud mouth.
                  You should move to golf, it sounds more your speed. And vocal level. Or tennis.

Comment

Thank you for pointing that out. We ARE important and we know more about the game than our kids so we are integral in the championship run. It's unrealistic to think the kids can do it without us. I totally got an offsides call by screaming at the ref and got my daughter to make the right decision time and time again. Anyone ago judges me has probably never been in a meaningful game before. This is the big leagues and parents are just as important as the kids.

Comment

When you have two of the top players at that age group playing it's not surprising, even though both have been committed for a long time.
                      It is not surprising, however there really were not many coaches. That was sarcasm. Probably because it was U17.

Comment

It is not surprising, however there really were not many coaches. That was sarcasm. Probably because it was U17.
                        Coaches still like to go to see how the players who have committed to them are developing and playing. And even though it is U17, not all of the players are committed. Some girls who can easily play in college are still unsure because they are more worried about academics.

Comment

For the amount of time and money we put into this we parents are an extension of the team. If you watch that video there were three super loud parents. Two of them were just obnoxious and didn't know what they were talking about. But the other guy you could tell the girls really needed his input.

The mom who was hyper ventilating while giving instructions was way out there. Embarrassing.
                          It is incredibly difficult to listen to parents of high school kids frantically coaching from the sidelines.

Comment

Thank you for pointing that out. We ARE important and we know more about the game than our kids so we are integral in the championship run. It's unrealistic to think the kids can do it without us. I totally got an offsides call by screaming at the ref and got my daughter to make the right decision time and time again. Anyone ago judges me has probably never been in a meaningful game before. This is the big leagues and parents are just as important as the kids.

This kind of thinking is why kids develop neuroses. Just let the kids play! Parents should NOT be coaching all game long.

Comment

Kids need to hear that from parents. The more frantic the energy from parents, the more coaching from parents, the better they perform.

When the kids travel without parents they have a hard time getting motivated and usually don't know what to do without parents directing all their actions.

You wouldn't understand because you probably have never been in to a meaningful game.
                              This guy/gal has it right! Anyone who disagrees is probably a rec level parent at best. Probably loses games in rec.

Comment

It is incredibly difficult to listen to parents of high school kids frantically coaching from the sidelines.
                                True and we've been meaning to talk to you about it. Please shut up at the next game.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X