Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is OYSA more expensive than the OPL?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why is OYSA more expensive than the OPL?

Simple answer: OPL folded and has nothing to sell at any price, no shoppers no buyers anyone still selling league play is more expensive than the OPL by default.

Next :)
    No your are incorrect sir.

Comment

No your are incorrect sir.
      The fall league folded for the OPL-any other league will be more expensive since The OPL is not selling anything regarding Fall league play.

Unless they have flipped flopped.

If you know they are offering a fall please list their price points for fall u11 to u14 league play.

Otherwise you have Miss Information :)

Comment

I would like to know why league fees and the Oregon state cup are so much more expensive. Why does OYSA need so much to run the leagues? Or are the Timbers profiting from youth soccer. This looks like a scam to me.
        "All youth soccer clubs should expect to incur an increase of approximately 25% in league and tournament fees. One of the OPL’s missions was to drive the cost of youth soccer as low as possible. This year a U10-U14 team that would have paid $600 for the OPL fall 2015 league, $500 for the OPL spring 2016 league, and $400 for the OPL state cup tournament, will now pay $800 for the OYSA fall 2015 league, $750 for the OYSA spring league, and $600 for the Timbers & Thorns state cup tournament. This represents an increase from $1500 per team to about $2150 per team. "

I don't know Where this person got their facts, but htey are completely wrong. Just looking at OPL's website. The person above said fall league for OPL was 500.00. It was not that, it was actually 800 for top league and 700 for lower divisions. Winter was 800. Spring was 500 for only 8 games.

yes oysa is slightly more, but they lied about the original OPL prices. Its why I said before its only a 100-200 price raise. The state cup is 175.00 difference in them. so totally would be around 300ish difference in OPL vs OYSA. So lets not make up numbers

Comment

"All youth soccer clubs should expect to incur an increase of approximately 25% in league and tournament fees. One of the OPL’s missions was to drive the cost of youth soccer as low as possible. This year a U10-U14 team that would have paid $600 for the OPL fall 2015 league, $500 for the OPL spring 2016 league, and $400 for the OPL state cup tournament, will now pay $800 for the OYSA fall 2015 league, $750 for the OYSA spring league, and $600 for the Timbers & Thorns state cup tournament. This represents an increase from $1500 per team to about $2150 per team. "

I don't know Where this person got their facts, but htey are completely wrong. Just looking at OPL's website. The person above said fall league for OPL was 500.00. It was not that, it was actually 800 for top league and 700 for lower divisions. Winter was 800. Spring was 500 for only 8 games.

yes oysa is slightly more, but they lied about the original OPL prices. Its why I said before its only a 100-200 price raise. The state cup is 175.00 difference in them. so totally would be around 300ish difference in OPL vs OYSA. So lets not make up numbers
          You're the one who's lying. The OPL published actual prices paid and prices being demanded. Looks like this is the money grab people accused the timbers of.

Comment

You're the one who's lying. The OPL published actual prices paid and prices being demanded. Looks like this is the money grab people accused the timbers of.
            the numbers I gave were straight from OPL's website. If they took less money, then that was deals that they were giving to select teams/clubs as a last ditch effort to stay alive. But if you go to their website and look at their league details it clearly says the fee's i listed.

Comment

the numbers I gave were straight from OPL's website. If they took less money, then that was deals that they were giving to select teams/clubs as a last ditch effort to stay alive. But if you go to their website and look at their league details it clearly says the fee's i listed.
              You must remember OPL was vigorously trying to siphon the reserve out to its original members. One of the ways they did this was to lower the team registration fees to those few clubs.

It was interesting to note even while OPL lowered their fees the individual clubs did not. Thus the OPL reduction was merely making clubs rich.

The part where we see the true stupidity of this discussion however is even if we believe the OPL numbers (which we should do cautiously as these numbers come from their last stab at OYSA before dying) the gap is only $34 per player. Compare this to the more than $2000 that OPL's clubs charged every player for participation.

Clearly this poster is a shill for OPL. The argument is an old argument, the numbers are straight out of an OPL opinion, and the fact that they lok at team reg fees instead of player costs reveals that the original poster likely doesn't even have a player.

It is interesting that OPL tries to position themselves as the peacemakers via their websites, yet simultaneously deploys their shills to make things look dirty.

Typical OPL propaganda.

Comment

You must remember OPL was vigorously trying to siphon the reserve out to its original members. One of the ways they did this was to lower the team registration fees to those few clubs.

It was interesting to note even while OPL lowered their fees the individual clubs did not. Thus the OPL reduction was merely making clubs rich.

The part where we see the true stupidity of this discussion however is even if we believe the OPL numbers (which we should do cautiously as these numbers come from their last stab at OYSA before dying) the gap is only $34 per player. Compare this to the more than $2000 that OPL's clubs charged every player for participation.

Clearly this poster is a shill for OPL. The argument is an old argument, the numbers are straight out of an OPL opinion, and the fact that they lok at team reg fees instead of player costs reveals that the original poster likely doesn't even have a player.

It is interesting that OPL tries to position themselves as the peacemakers via their websites, yet simultaneously deploys their shills to make things look dirty.

Typical OPL propaganda.
                Says the TA Lemming shill...

Comment

Says the TA Lemming shill...
                  Actually all of what I cited can be backed up…I am not imputing motive to incomplete details…I am not trying to make a case. Just exposing the lunacy of the "outrage"

I recognize there will be several folks who suffer withdrawal because they will no longer be able to argue OPL/OYSA, for those people I suggest counseling, they actually should have sought it long ago.

Comment

Title of this should not have OYSA in it as they are simply the governing body that allows the Timbers to run league and State Cup. As stated on this forum before, you write checks to OYSA for player cards and to Timbers for league fees and State Cup fees. OYSA is simply a sanctioning body in this partnership. Regardless if there is an increase in fees or not, how much that increase is or not does it bother you that you that your club cuts checks to the Timbers to play in their leagues and State Cup? Raises many questions doesn't it?

Comment

Actually all of what I cited can be backed up…I am not imputing motive to incomplete details…I am not trying to make a case. Just exposing the lunacy of the "outrage"

I recognize there will be several folks who suffer withdrawal because they will no longer be able to argue OPL/OYSA, for those people I suggest counseling, they actually should have sought it long ago.
                      I am sure they will join the ECNL/Thorns Academy argument

Comment

Title of this should not have OYSA in it as they are simply the governing body that allows the Timbers to run league and State Cup. As stated on this forum before, you write checks to OYSA for player cards and to Timbers for league fees and State Cup fees. OYSA is simply a sanctioning body in this partnership. Regardless if there is an increase in fees or not, how much that increase is or not does it bother you that you that your club cuts checks to the Timbers to play in their leagues and State Cup? Raises many questions doesn't it?
                        I cut the checks for our team. We are not a TA team. I have never cut a check to the Timbers. Ever. This is just not true. The only check I have ever sent to the Timbers was personally for a crappy camp. Speak in facts or don't speak at all.

Comment

I cut the checks for our team. We are not a TA team. I have never cut a check to the Timbers. Ever. This is just not true. The only check I have ever sent to the Timbers was personally for a crappy camp. Speak in facts or don't speak at all.
                          League fees do in fact go to the Timbers.

Comment

League fees do in fact go to the Timbers.
                            You mean because you write a league check to OYSA who then pays the timbers as a sub-contractor to administer the leagues?

You have got to give up on all your conspiracy theory. You have bought the Tom line hook line and sinker about the "evil Timbers Conglomerate". The more you keep babbling on about this, people will eventually think you are crazy.

Comment

You mean because you write a league check to OYSA who then pays the timbers as a sub-contractor to administer the leagues?

You have got to give up on all your conspiracy theory. You have bought the Tom line hook line and sinker about the "evil Timbers Conglomerate". The more you keep babbling on about this, people will eventually think you are crazy.
                              You actually write your check to the Tumbers who the. Take their cut and pass the rest on to OYSA. We are being scammed by unethical people.

Comment

You actually write your check to the Tumbers who the. Take their cut and pass the rest on to OYSA. We are being scammed by unethical people.
                                The frustrating part about your BS claim is you will claim you can't prove it because you are unwilling to show the check, but the reality is you are full of hot air.

Both myself and others have explained our checks go to OYSA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X