Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I watched sports long enough to know that a coach who tells his team that he doesn't think they will win should be nowhere near said team. In this case I would be talking about Klinnsman who said his team would get stomped by the Dutch, and has already announced that his goal in the next World Cup is not to win.

You don't have to be irrational in your goals but you also can use much better tact than Klinnsman. If he was the coach of the 1980 men's Olympic ice hockey team, we never would have had the Miracle On Ice. And to me that is not hyperbole, just a sad fact.

It certainly looks like Tim Howard didn't like playing for Klinnsman. There had to be a reason. I know I would go into every game and tournament planning on winning. Consequently I wouldn't want to be following this guy into battle. And it looks like the German National team as well as Bayern Munich both shared my feelings as well.
    Tact? Look where that has gotten us the past 40 years.....let's try some honesty. PC BS needs to fly out the window and changes need to be made at a national level for things to work. We were stale with Bradley and he didn't have the pedigree to make the changes or any changes for that matter.

And before you start spouting off about things you obviously know little to nothing about, before 06 and the German miracle, the German system was broken. Klinnmans wasn't responsible for a great deal of it, but he was there when it happened and he changed things that had also grown stagnant. It's for that reason Klinnsman is perfect to "shock" the AMIs.

As for Bayern, all you have to know about is that *the Kaiser* is there and the Bavarian's and Schwabians don't get along. Klinnsman being a Schwab.

As for Howard, you can't get along with every player.

Comment

Only a moron thinks he will find anything of value on this site.
      Excellent so your sayin your a moron. Thanks, but we already knew that.

Comment

Excellent so your sayin your a moron. Thanks, but we already knew that.
        I visit for entertainment value only. You simpletons are a hoot!

Comment

Tact? Look where that has gotten us the past 40 years.....let's try some honesty. PC BS needs to fly out the window and changes need to be made at a national level for things to work. We were stale with Bradley and he didn't have the pedigree to make the changes or any changes for that matter.

And before you start spouting off about things you obviously know little to nothing about, before 06 and the German miracle, the German system was broken. Klinnmans wasn't responsible for a great deal of it, but he was there when it happened and he changed things that had also grown stagnant. It's for that reason Klinnsman is perfect to "shock" the AMIs.

As for Bayern, all you have to know about is that *the Kaiser* is there and the Bavarian's and Schwabians don't get along. Klinnsman being a Schwab.

As for Howard, you can't get along with every player.
          Please name one, JUST ONE, highly successful coach in any sport who acknowledged prior to the beginning of his league's biggest championship, that his goal was not to win said championship?

(please bear with me here because, unlike you, I know nothing. Just learning on the fly about winning from you. So please educate me with some names)

Comment

Preference

Please name one, JUST ONE, highly successful coach in any sport who acknowledged prior to the beginning of his league's biggest championship, that his goal was not to win said championship?

(please bear with me here because, unlike you, I know nothing. Just learning on the fly about winning from you. So please educate me with some names)
            I guess you would have preferred the coach to say we were going to win the *World Cup*...HOORAY!!!!

I believe his statement was to clarify that the condition of American football would need to endure great sacrifices during a period of change to become something better.

He's just a more honest guy is all, and not full of superficial BS.

Comment

I guess you would have preferred the coach to say we were going to win the *World Cup*...HOORAY!!!!

I believe his statement was to clarify that the condition of American football would need to endure great sacrifices during a period of change to become something better.

Come on now, you should know that Americans don't believe in being realistic. They are always number 1 regardless of the facts. Americans, the smartest and hardest working people in the world... International testing has proven one thing, American students rank lower than almost every other industrialized nation in the world in every subject BUT they scored the highest on the confidence and belief in their abilities. That, in a nutshell, explains the American philosophy.

Now as to Klinsmann and other coaches, how many NFL coaches start the season or even the playoffs by saying they will win the Super Bowl? Even when they make it to the playoffs or Super Bowl they talk about their chances but rarely ever say more than that.

Klinsmann is a pragmatist and I am sure he was challenging his team to do better than the world expected.

Comment

Please, all stand and light your lighters.

Come on now, you should know that Americans don't believe in being realistic. They are always number 1 regardless of the facts. Americans, the smartest and hardest working people in the world... International testing has proven one thing, American students rank lower than almost every other industrialized nation in the world in every subject BUT they scored the highest on the confidence and belief in their abilities. That, in a nutshell, explains the American philosophy.

Now as to Klinsmann and other coaches, how many NFL coaches start the season or even the playoffs by saying they will win the Super Bowl? Even when they make it to the playoffs or Super Bowl they talk about their chances but rarely ever say more than that.

Klinsmann is a pragmatist and I am sure he was challenging his team to do better than the world expected.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf8hfZuzw_A

Thanks for further explaining that.

Comment

Another born loser heard from. Did he have to say we would win? No. The question is why any coach would say any team, any time, any game will lose before the game or tournament starts? Why not just shut up, work as hard as you can, play the game, and see what happens?

My question still stands big mouths and 'experts' (weigh in if you're out there Jurgen):

Comment

Please post what Coach Larry Bird or Coach Magic Johnson would say to the press and public before they took the Basketball team from Ghana to the Olympic Games.

We are here to win it.

World class players coaching 3rd world countries in a sport that isn't the nation's pastime or primary sport, don't get cocky and say they are their to win it win qualifying for it was quite a feat on it's own.

Once one of our NBA MVP's goes to an emerging basketball nation to coach (like Klinsman in soccer) and the country qualifes for the Olympics can't wait to hear them say we are going to win it. Versus the NBA's best when their country doesn't have a single player at that level.

Klinsman please tell the world we are here to win it. Especially using players from our pro league that make on average 83K a year.

Comment

The Men beat Germany today. Pretty sweet.

Comment

Motivation

Please post what Coach Larry Bird or Coach Magic Johnson would say to the press and public before they took the Basketball team from Ghana to the Olympic Games.

We are here to win it.

World class players coaching 3rd world countries in a sport that isn't the nation's pastime or primary sport, don't get cocky and say they are their to win it win qualifying for it was quite a feat on it's own.

Once one of our NBA MVP's goes to an emerging basketball nation to coach (like Klinsman in soccer) and the country qualifes for the Olympics can't wait to hear them say we are going to win it. Versus the NBA's best when their country doesn't have a single player at that level.

Klinsman please tell the world we are here to win it. Especially using players from our pro league that make on average 83K a year.
                        Hmm, looks like the men are doing quite well.

This why you should leave motivating players to folks that know how a pro players mind works, and you should worry about have ONE bowel movement a day.

Comment

Hmm, looks like the men are doing quite well.

This why you should leave motivating players to folks that know how a pro players mind works, and you should worry about have ONE bowel movement a day.
                          Love this!!!

Comment

Love this!!!
                            You mean you love your own comment that much?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X