Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    PCU red. My dd is good, so I"M hoping college coaches find her.
    Then stay away from the fields at Powerlines.

Comment

So funny. And spot on. OSU was not at Powerlines. You get more exposure to OSU in ODP where the OSU goalie coach coaches.
      Actually Linus was st powerlines games. Most ECNL parents know who he is and what he looks like. He was at the U15 FC vs. CU game. Not sure if he watched any others.

Comment

Lucy and Charlie Brown were there too in their UO sweatshirts.

Comment

Actually Linus was st powerlines games. Most ECNL parents know who he is and what he looks like. He was at the U15 FC vs. CU game. Not sure if he watched any others.
          No he wasn't. If he were to go to any game, it would be a U17 because he doesn't offer until late. To think he was looking at U15s is a pipe dream. What a waste of time anyway, he's got 15 incoming sophomores this year and one more season like the last two and he's toast. The next coach will not likely like the big slow brutes that he recruits anyway.

Comment

No he wasn't. If he were to go to any game, it would be a U17 because he doesn't offer until late. To think he was looking at U15s is a pipe dream. What a waste of time anyway, he's got 15 incoming sophomores this year and one more season like the last two and he's toast. The next coach will not likely like the big slow brutes that he recruits anyway.
            Sorry your wrong. He does seem to offer later than most, typically in junior year but he was at U15 game at powerlines. Not really a big deal. It was like the fourth time he has watched them this year. But the ECNL folks are kinda used to the D1 coaching love. Again not that big of a deal. Hope for the best at OSU. Linus seems like a great guy.

Comment

Sorry your wrong. He does seem to offer later than most, typically in junior year but he was at U15 game at powerlines. Not really a big deal. It was like the fourth time he has watched them this year. But the ECNL folks are kinda used to the D1 coaching love. Again not that big of a deal. Hope for the best at OSU. Linus seems like a great guy.
              If he was there he wasn't there to see players, he was there to talk to some coaches. Those U15s won't be talking to him about OSU for another 2-3 years. He's still trying to get his 2016 class in order, a full 1.5 years behind all of the other Pac 12 schools. Cal and Stanford had their 2017 classes pretty much done by January of this year and the rest of the Pac 12 is finishing up or is done. With 13 returning sophomores next year, his next few classes are going to be a real hodge podge.

Comment

If he was there he wasn't there to see players, he was there to talk to some coaches. Those U15s won't be talking to him about OSU for another 2-3 years. He's still trying to get his 2016 class in order, a full 1.5 years behind all of the other Pac 12 schools. Cal and Stanford had their 2017 classes pretty much done by January of this year and the rest of the Pac 12 is finishing up or is done. With 13 returning sophomores next year, his next few classes are going to be a real hodge podge.
                So why was he talking to them.... he needs to come my DD tear it up on PCU's B team!

Comment

I'm going to start wearing my OSU sweatpants and OSU white visor to games. Carry a clipboard and scribble down notes while scrunching up my nose occasionally.

Comment

I'm going to start wearing my OSU sweatpants and OSU white visor to games. Carry a clipboard and scribble down notes while scrunching up my nose occasionally.
                    But do it at the next seasons Bend Vs. RVT match up...... That would be quite the talk of the town.

Comment

I wear my college gear to ECNL matches and bring a clipboard with a whistle around my neck. You should hear the parents getting all worked up when I stand nearby. Name dropping, referencing something they heard on an EPL broadcast, laughing nervously.

Comment

I wear my college gear to ECNL matches and bring a clipboard with a whistle around my neck. You should hear the parents getting all worked up when I stand nearby. Name dropping, referencing something they heard on an EPL broadcast, laughing nervously.
                        I stand off in the distance a bit, about 30 yards away. I think shake my head in disapproval at various times to really rile the parents. "Oh no, he saw her do that, he doesn't like her, he's writing something down."

Comment

I stand off in the distance a bit, about 30 yards away. I think shake my head in disapproval at various times to really rile the parents. "Oh no, he saw her do that, he doesn't like her, he's writing something down."
                          Looking at OSU's recent performance and their roster, you might actually be the head coach. Think about recruiting from WA or Cali.

Comment

Looking at OSU's recent performance and their roster, you might actually be the head coach. Think about recruiting from WA or Cali.
                            I probably wouldn't do any worse.

Comment

Bet you get all your meals comp'ed.

Comment

Don't know squat.

Linus is very organized and starts his book on individual players at U-15. He is rarely noticed when he is at a game, that's his thing. Last season was awful, too many freshmen without good skills. The big, slow brutes you reference must be the parents because it's not the players. Your knowledge of the situation is non-existent.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X