Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think that the extra training from ODP and the camps is very good. But make no mistake, if you were good, they would find you no matter what. Weigh your training opportunities and money wisely.
    My daughter played Pac-12 and she was just telling me that the coaches said that you don't need to play encl or travel to many tournaments. Just contact them and be sure to go to showcases tournaments for a couple years.

Comment

My daughter played Pac-12 and she was just telling me that the coaches said that you don't need to play encl or travel to many tournaments. Just contact them and be sure to go to showcases tournaments for a couple years.
      I had the same experience. If you go to the tournaments and showcases on the East Coast, it should only be if you want to go to the east coast. If you want to stay on the West Coast, go to college camps and showcases regionally. There are some good ones.

Spend your money wisely

Comment

This post mirror's the experience we had with our daughter. She never attended a college ID camp. Coaches recruited her, because they saw her play at large tournaments in So. Cal, Texas, North Carolina, and Florida. My daughter never had to self promote as it was the colleges who contacted her. Any others have this experience?
        My daughter who currently plays in the Pac 12 was seen in ODP play at the regional level and at national camp. Coaches contacted her on a regular basis. The only ID camp she went to was the college she chose after she had verbally committed. Out of all the others who attended the same ID camp only those who were already identified were given offers. I agree that you need to play the big tournaments. Even so, it would help if you are with a half way decent team. What if you are a forward and your team is so undermatched that the ball never makes it past the 50? Sure you can try and impress them with your antics off the ball but this may be a stretch. In my opinion you need both large tournament play and a semi decent team. That was what made ODP so effective... at the region level the teams were very decent.

Comment

My oldest daughter plays PAC-12 and she didn't play her first soccer game until freshman year. Then she went to two college camps because friends were going. There's more to it, but apparently college coaches like speed. She's strong and very fast. Still not the best technical skills, but she can get by people and shoot the ball.

Comment

My daughter plays pac-12 too! I must know some of you.

Comment

Ok , so if your puhr are not playing for Haha the teams that are a complete joke. What other teams that are in every other dimension of Oregon quadrants are getting mailing offers or making high level international commitments ? Please sound off. Hype nor air accessible.
              Wait does your daughter currently play pac12? If not you should sit this one out. This thread is for people who say they have a dd playing pac12 only!

Comment

That's a funny statement. Just look how many ECNL players the Pac-12 signs

Comment

The coaches also don't show up for the local clubs scrimmages playing friendlies at PowerLines without referees. Even if they claim the match is part of the ECNL.
                  OSU was at powerlines for ECNL game.

Comment

You mean the guy with the OSU sweatpants on? Um, I think he was just going casual. They sell those sweatpants at Fred Meyers.

Comment

You mean the guy with the OSU sweatpants on? Um, I think he was just going casual. They sell those sweatpants at Fred Meyers.
                      So funny. And spot on. OSU was not at Powerlines. You get more exposure to OSU in ODP where the OSU goalie coach coaches.

Comment

Actually the ecnl matches were played at Tigard, high on the turf they had refs. My dd was at the fcp tryouts and they were talking about making three teams. Not including the ecnl players. It sounds like they will be just fine. I'm sure they will be no match for grants pass or NEU, but they might be competitive.

Comment

Actually the ecnl matches were played at Tigard, high on the turf they had refs. My dd was at the fcp tryouts and they were talking about making three teams. Not including the ecnl players. It sounds like they will be just fine. I'm sure they will be no match for grants pass or NEU, but they might be competitive.
                          Those were the last set of game. The first set had no refs and/or were at Powerlines. Really elite.

Comment

That would explain him having a smoke in the parking lot at halftime.

Comment

Those were the last set of game. The first set had no refs and/or were at Powerlines. Really elite.
                              First set did not have refs. They were played at the three turf fields FC shares with liberty H.S.

They still had enough girls at this age for 4 teams counting ECNL. Where does your kid play again?

Comment

First set did not have refs. They were played at the three turf fields FC shares with liberty H.S.

They still had enough girls at this age for 4 teams counting ECNL. Where does your kid play again?
                                PCU red. My dd is good, so I"M hoping college coaches find her.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X