Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U16 girls

Ok , so if your daughters are not playing for Crossfire United, FC, Thorns, yes the teams that are a complete joke. What other teams that are in every other dimension of Oregon are getting offers or making college commitments ? Please sound off !

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ok , so if your daughters are not playing for Crossfire United, FC, Thorns, yes the teams that are a complete joke. What other teams that are in every other dimension of Oregon are getting offers or making college commitments ? Please sound off !
    There are other U16 teams? Who knew?

Comment

Ok , so if your puhr are not playing for Haha the teams that are a complete joke. What other teams that are in every other dimension of Oregon quadrants are getting mailing offers or making high level international commitments ? Please sound off. Hype nor air accessible.

Comment

Ok , so if your puhr are not playing for Haha the teams that are a complete joke. What other teams that are in every other dimension of Oregon quadrants are getting mailing offers or making high level international commitments ? Please sound off. Hype nor air accessible.
        All you'll get is crickets because they aren't getting any looks or offers. College coaches don't show up at OYSA league games or Chinook Cup.

Comment

All you'll get is crickets because they aren't getting any looks or offers. College coaches don't show up at OYSA league games or Chinook Cup.
          Or the trauma unit after concussions or the recovery room after ACL surgery.

Comment

The coaches also don't show up for the local clubs scrimmages playing friendlies at PowerLines without referees. Even if they claim the match is part of the ECNL.

Comment

The coaches also don't show up for the local clubs scrimmages playing friendlies at PowerLines without referees. Even if they claim the match is part of the ECNL.
              Hey, Powerlines is first rate. It's a top field. Don't be knocking Powerlines. Every kid should learn to play soccer in a pasture. The only thing missing at Powerline are the manure piles, but I'm sure if Tom gets his way, he will put some cows out there to make the experience complete. I heard Tom actually put that into the CU application for ECNL: "Will give the players a complete experience of playing on all types of surfaces, turf, mowed grass and pasture." Oh it's elite all right.

Comment

It's easy to get into a quality college without the Thorns or ECNL. ECNL especially is a waste of money. If your DD wants to play soccer in college all it takes is being persistent. Constantly contacting the schools you're interested in will close the deal. Keep in mind 90% of players play college within 150 miles from their homes. Going to showcases in Chicago are a waste of time and money unless you want to play college on the other side of the country. Get your DD into college ID camps and have your DD promote the poop out of herself/himself. Ultimately it comes down to the work your DD does, not the league they play in. I am constantly educating parents about this, you think it would be known by now.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1563894]It's easy to get into a quality college without the Thorns or ECNL. ECNL especially is a waste of money. If your DD wants to play soccer in college all it takes is being persistent. Constantly contacting the schools you're interested in will close the deal. Keep in mind 90% of players play college within 150 miles from their homes. Going to showcases in Chicago are a waste of time and money unless you want to play college on the other side of the country. Get your DD into college ID camps and have your DD promote the poop out of herself/himself. Ultimately it comes down to the work your DD does, not the league they play in. I am constantly educating parents about this, you think it would be known by now.[/QUOTE

For the number of kids that waste money on ID camps the return is very low. Yes like all other options ID camps from time to time will find a player. ID camps are money making machines for the schools. Save your money and market yourself to get the coaches to the tournaments your child will be playing at. Remember if your child is willing to play for a school away from home the chances of finding a match are much greater. Think about how many schools are within 150 miles of your house, now think about how many colleges are 500 miles from your house. Don't be mislead do your own research and ask questions of parents or players who have recenty (last year or two) been recruited, the landscape continues to change. First you must be able to play, have the grades, and be willing to put the work into promoting yourself. Be realistic about what level you can play at, ask coaches where they see you fitting in, not everyone can play D1 and that is OK. Best of luck!

Comment

I think that the extra training from ODP and the camps is very good. But make no mistake, if you were good, they would find you no matter what. Weigh your training opportunities and money wisely.

Comment

For the number of kids that waste money on ID camps the return is very low. Yes like all other options ID camps from time to time will find a player. ID camps are money making machines for the schools. Save your money and market yourself to get the coaches to the tournaments your child will be playing at. Remember if your child is willing to play for a school away from home the chances of finding a match are much greater. Think about how many schools are within 150 miles of your house, now think about how many colleges are 500 miles from your house. Don't be mislead do your own research and ask questions of parents or players who have recenty (last year or two) been recruited, the landscape continues to change. First you must be able to play, have the grades, and be willing to put the work into promoting yourself. Be realistic about what level you can play at, ask coaches where they see you fitting in, not everyone can play D1 and that is OK. Best of luck!
                      My daughter got multiple offers and a couple of them were influenced by what she did at their ID camps. At one, she shined and that put her on their radar. At the other, it was to close the deal. I think ID camps can be a great option.

Comment

Mis-educating

It's easy to get into a quality college without the Thorns or ECNL. ECNL especially is a waste of money. If your DD wants to play soccer in college all it takes is being persistent. Constantly contacting the schools you're interested in will close the deal. Keep in mind 90% of players play college within 150 miles from their homes. Going to showcases in Chicago are a waste of time and money unless you want to play college on the other side of the country. Get your DD into college ID camps and have your DD promote the poop out of herself/himself. Ultimately it comes down to the work your DD does, not the league they play in. I am constantly educating parents about this, you think it would be known by now.
                        My DD just finished playing in the PAC-12 and she and I were just discussing the new recruits coming in the Fall last weekend. All of them were seen by the coaches at large tournaments almost exclusively out of state. Self promotion gets you little. Do you have any idea how many resumes, dvd's, e-mails, etc coaches in the PAC-12 and even WCC per week? Several have told me it's in the high hundreds to over a 1,000 per week! Coaches don't even bother to open the stuff. They will if they have contacted a player after seeing them play and then they want to know what top-level tournament you'll be at next including times, fields and competition. You are quite wrong about the self-promotion route unless it is to lower level programs.

Your tired old 150 mile concept included CC's and Div III colleges. Many players prefer D- III schools. You can always shop at the corner mini-mart if you want, but you may want a better selection.

If you want a top level program and the college to match it, get to top level tournaments.

Comment

spot on

My DD just finished playing in the PAC-12 and she and I were just discussing the new recruits coming in the Fall last weekend. All of them were seen by the coaches at large tournaments almost exclusively out of state. Self promotion gets you little. Do you have any idea how many resumes, dvd's, e-mails, etc coaches in the PAC-12 and even WCC per week? Several have told me it's in the high hundreds to over a 1,000 per week! Coaches don't even bother to open the stuff. They will if they have contacted a player after seeing them play and then they want to know what top-level tournament you'll be at next including times, fields and competition. You are quite wrong about the self-promotion route unless it is to lower level programs.

Your tired old 150 mile concept included CC's and Div III colleges. Many players prefer D- III schools. You can always shop at the corner mini-mart if you want, but you may want a better selection.

If you want a top level program and the college to match it, get to top level tournaments.
                          This post mirror's the experience we had with our daughter. She never attended a college ID camp. Coaches recruited her, because they saw her play at large tournaments in So. Cal, Texas, North Carolina, and Florida. My daughter never had to self promote as it was the colleges who contacted her. Any others have this experience?

Comment

Anyone that doesn't not fly back easy will not get a scholarship!!!

Plain and simple.

Comment

Anyone that doesn't not fly back easy will not get a scholarship!!!

Plain and simple.
                              So, don't fly back east is what you are saying. I think.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X