Academy's will replace ECNL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL cures cancer. You heard it here first.

Comment

The academy model is interesting. Especially if they can subsidize it like they do for boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        The academy model is interesting. Especially if they can subsidize it like they do for boys.
        I'm sure a live in academy like this would be subsidized.

Comment

Girls soccer won't be subsidized unless the government intervenes and creates a Title 99.

Comment

And who is going to pay for it? Absolutely zero return on investment...

Comment

Hello

In Oregon we have masses of parents willing to pay for it today, with Absolutely zero return on the investement for their dd...

was that seriously a question?

Parents spend thousands now with no coaching, no appropriate competition and just the idea that they can afford it, makes it worth it.

Oregon is is rich with idiots.

So says the 6 figure DOC of the local neighborhood soccer club.

Comment

Nike? They have to have the money. They make millions.

Maybe somebody should suggest it. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

Comment

No ROI for them. And they've been asked many times. They're in business to make money.

Comment

No ROI for them. And they've been asked many times. They're in business to make money.
                    Actually, they are too busy trying to cover up the bribes they were handing out in FIFA. Once that investigation passes, then they will entertain proposals.

Comment

Now your taking bro. Why isn't someone doing this ? ?

Comment

Now your taking bro. Why isn't someone doing this ? ?
                        I think all sports should be free. All travel too. Someone else should pay for it all. Any volunteers? My kid wants to play for free, so one of you, step up.

Comment

I heard the teacher whisper to another teacher that it's So Cal. That was just before recess.
                          You people are all wrong. It's going to be placed in Eugene because that's where the best girls are. It will be centered around the Thorns Academy with help from Timbers.... because everyone in the country that knows anything about girls soccer wakes up in the morning and thinks about Oregon and the Timbers. Jeeesh don't you know this. Timbers are a world brand and everyone thinks about them all of the time. If you ask anyone, ANYONE, outside of Oregon about girls soccer... they all know about the Thorns Academy also.

Comment

In Oregon we have masses of parents willing to pay for it today, with Absolutely zero return on the investement for their dd...

was that seriously a question?

Parents spend thousands now with no coaching, no appropriate competition and just the idea that they can afford it, makes it worth it.

Oregon is is rich with idiots.

So says the 6 figure DOC of the local neighborhood soccer club.
                            No, Oregon is full of lazy @ss liberals who worry about other peoples money. Case in point by just reading most of these posts. Don't give me your bs response that you work and make money and pay taxes.... because you and I both know that your full of sh@t.

Comment

http://equalizersoccer.com/2015/01/3...nwsl-training/

A task force, led by chair and former U.S. international Carin Jennings-Gabarra, has analyzed the state of U.S. Soccer’s women’s youth development over the last four years and made three initial, overarching recommendations:

Assessment & evaluation: technical staffing initiative
                              Training & development: training centers and scouting
                              Competition: Expanded youth national teams and international games
                              How will all of this be achieved? The federation is exploring the potential to create a 60-player national girls’ multi-age residency program in a city yet to be determined. The program would be for players age 14-18 and focus on developing the country’s best players into future national team players. It would be different from the boys’ residency program in Bradenton, Fla., U.S. Soccer president Sunil Gulati said.

This would pair with a girls’ development academy, which would target U-14, U-16 and U-18 league models
                              I completely disagree with that approach. Limiting players to funnel towards a potential future pro career and nothing else sets 99.9% of the players up for failure. And before you jump in with your stupidity and say "ohhhh, your dd didn't make the team" - No, that's not it. She probably wouldn't, based on statistics, and neither would your dd.
                              We are America, not Europe. The model needs to be directing players into college where they can play and get a degree. Then, if they're good enough, get selected for a pro team.
                              I've heard it works for basketball....

Comment

I think all sports should be free. All travel too. Someone else should pay for it all. Any volunteers? My kid wants to play for free, so one of you, step up.
                                Sorry, I already have to work two jobs to keep up with the 6 lazy @ss libs that live here in Oregon that refuse to do any work.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X