Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Discovery! TA coaches overly paranoid that his best players are leaving for ECNL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They may be fine playing that but why in the world do they need to play ECNL? The majority of players dilute the Oregon ECNL teams.

The answer is that parents are willing to pay for it because clubs are selling it with the idea that little Suzy should play ECNL because even though the ECNL teams are not doing so well they are new and will get better. Bull****. In many instances the teams are substantially equivalent to their club predecessor. Guarantee you if you have a group of 25 high level players they will not perform at the level that the Oregon ECNL teams have performed at new or otherwise.

But enjoy the fact that Suzy made the team and spend your money and everyone but the top 5% (which by the way is what the ECNL is supposed to represent) will be happy.
    Most of the ECNL teams did fine. My dd is not playing ECNL I have no stake in this, but you sound angry, desperate and sad. You sound like the title of this thread.

Comment

Some ECNL teams are jokes, but they are literately one year old. ODP wold be fine, but like the thorns they don't really have anywhere to play, friendship cup and regionals and that's about it. So harp all you want about ECNL, it has it flaws, but still the easiest way to get to a higher level of play around these parts. I know some driving to Seattle to play, And that's a great option. Playing for say Crossfire Premier would be awesome, you be playing with girls or on a team that is nationally recognized (depending on age group). 95% of the girls around here no where near that level of play though. Playing around here is fine for the remaining 4.9% The other 95% will be just fine playing Premier, d1, d2, d3 and rec. here in Oregon.
      Why would a good player have to drive to Seattle to play on an ECNL team when Portland offers two teams here? I guess its the win/loss aspect that you only care about. In fact my dd's roommate and future college teammate was on Crossfire Premier and my kid played on one of these "jokes of an ECNL team". Good players that work hard will get noticed by coaches wherever they play.

Comment

Why would a good player have to drive to Seattle to play on an ECNL team when Portland offers two teams here? I guess its the win/loss aspect that you only care about. In fact my dd's roommate and future college teammate was on Crossfire Premier and my kid played on one of these "jokes of an ECNL team". Good players that work hard will get noticed by coaches wherever they play.
        Just that much more exposure I guess. Crossfire Premier does have a better win/loss which isn't the point, except that win/loss affords them bigger tourney's and getting further in said tourneys. Additionally, your dd would get to practice with a higher percentage of players that are better quality / all around players.

Comment

Some ECNL teams are jokes, but they are literately one year old. ODP wold be fine, but like the thorns they don't really have anywhere to play, friendship cup and regionals and that's about it. So harp all you want about ECNL, it has it flaws, but still the easiest way to get to a higher level of play around these parts. I know some driving to Seattle to play, And that's a great option. Playing for say Crossfire Premier would be awesome, you be playing with girls or on a team that is nationally recognized (depending on age group). 95% of the girls around here no where near that level of play though. Playing around here is fine for the remaining 4.9% The other 95% will be just fine playing Premier, d1, d2, d3 and rec. here in Oregon.
          If the Thorns actually implement a U16 Academy team this year, then ODP for U15 and above is gone completely. Thorns Academy IS ODP. Except that you can't play for whatever club you want and do ODP on the side. You have to endure the whole Thorns Academy song and dance and "professionalism" for the whole year.

Comment

Too many parents get wrapped around the axle about wins and losses. No "team" has ever been recruited to college or the national team. Only individual "players" and those top players can train just as well, compete just as well, and get just as much exposure to college coaches here as they can in Washington.

Comment

If the Thorns actually implement a U16 Academy team this year, then ODP for U15 and above is gone completely. Thorns Academy IS ODP. Except that you can't play for whatever club you want and do ODP on the side. You have to endure the whole Thorns Academy song and dance and "professionalism" for the whole year.
              Ugh. My dd's team basic does the same thing in terms of where they play now. I didn't mind ODP as it just a little something extra on the side. Although my dd's club really doesn't have much in the way of H.S. aged teams. It might be our only option unless we want to drive west.

Comment

Too many parents get wrapped around the axle about wins and losses. No "team" has ever been recruited to college or the national team. Only individual "players" and those top players can train just as well, compete just as well, and get just as much exposure to college coaches here as they can in Washington.
                Actually it has nothing to do with wins or losses and much more to do with level of play. Now carry on bashing the Thorns because they lost a game in OYSA

Comment

Just that much more exposure I guess. Crossfire Premier does have a better win/loss which isn't the point, except that win/loss affords them bigger tourney's and getting further in said tourneys. Additionally, your dd would get to practice with a higher percentage of players that are better quality / all around players.
                  She is now training with D1 girls coming home for summer at her club so I think she is good.

Comment

Some players such as my daughter have already committed to a college so scratch exposure. She does all of her training locally so scratch that. For her, she loves competition and thrives on playing with the best as well as against the best. She loves to compete for a spot on a team where there are already 18 D1 committed athletes. And, she starts every game. There is no doubt in my mind that any player can get exposure in Oregon playing on average teams. My daughter is proof of that. At this point it is no more expensive to play out of state so she chooses to play with a team that is reminiscent of ODP regional.

It is a preference not a necessity. Even so, why can't Oregon offer that level of play? I can answer that, because the talent is ridiculously diluted. It is simple and only the top level would care.

Comment

Ugh. My dd's team basic does the same thing in terms of where they play now. I didn't mind ODP as it just a little something extra on the side. Although my dd's club really doesn't have much in the way of H.S. aged teams. It might be our only option unless we want to drive west.
                      That's why my dd is not doing ECNL and or the Thorns. Waste of money for both. At least with ECNL you play someone different the the same old Oregon teams we've been playing for 5 plus years now.

Comment

That's why my dd is not doing ECNL and or the Thorns. Waste of money for both. At least with ECNL you play someone different the the same old Oregon teams we've been playing for 5 plus years now.
                        Don't be so negative. Both ECNL and Thorns are decent options. One you play in a regional/national league and the other is cheaper but you play in OYSA locally so it costs 1/2 as much.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X