Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Look at every thread on this site. Look at every soccer field in Oregon and SW wa. Psycho parents, 98% girl parents. As I said... Head in the sand. It's right in front of you. Whether you choose to open your eyes is outside of my control. Good day.
    If you don't have a DD then how do you know what occurs at girls games? You were grateful, after all, you have sons. As I said, I have both, and can speak to both types. Talk about having your head in the sand. The more you speak, the more you illustrate my point.

Comment

Look at every thread on this site. Look at every soccer field in Oregon and SW wa. Psycho parents, 98% girl parents. As I said... Head in the sand. It's right in front of you. Whether you choose to open your eyes is outside of my control. Good day.
      Wow 98%! Exaggerate much?

Comment

Obviously not.

Comment

Obviously

The reason the girls side is crazy is that this is the only team sport where most of their girls stand a chance at a scholarship in a sport that is actually more or less accepted.

Football? No girls.
          Baseball? No girls.
          Basketball? Not many white girls and most of this board is white girls parents.
          Softball? Nothing for pros.
          Lacrosse? La what?

That leaves soccer as the only team sport. All of these crazy parents concentrated on one board.

Yes, thank god for the many boys sports and the fact that Crazy boys' parents are distributed across ****multiple**** message board.
          Obviously you know nothing about athletic scholarships and women's soccer. Grandma's basement a little tight for you and your family?

Comment

Track? Video games? Academics? Swimming? Golf? Gymnastics? Weightlifting?

Comment

No, but I am saying that Johnny's dad is thrilled that Johnny is not doing ballet. The issues on this site have less to do with the players and more with the parents. Expectations for the boys playing soccer are very low.
              Wow you really are clueless. Boys teams have accomplished more than any gurls teams. With multiple actual national chsmpionships instead of the OPL variety. Obviously your little myopic world has not exposed you to the top level of Boy's soccer in Oregon. You also seem to have some gender frustration issues. Hopefully you can resolve that before it creates lasting scars.

Comment

It's ok if your DD is a Tomboy, a little manly. It really doesn't bother me, I'm ok with it. And we understand that this could make you angry and want to attack, lash out. That's what insecure people do. In fact, that may be the root of why girl soccer parents are always attacking, angry people. But I'm here for you, a sounding board to get out your anger. It's ok buddy. You hang in there.
                My dd is a little tomboy. She competes harder than mist boys she is friends with. But up against them she gets killed. She can't compete athletically. However academically she and many of her athletic friends do much better than the boys. Hopefully they will catch up.

Comment

Most boys choose sports because it's a lot easier and they can be lazy.
                  Wow...I'm sorry you have such issues with men...hopefully these don't pass on to your daughter. I can't even fathom how you would twist your head into a comment like yours. Both of our boys have travelled the west play on and against very talented teams, and your comment above is just asinine...

Comment

Wow...I'm sorry you have such issues with men...hopefully these don't pass on to your daughter. I can't even fathom how you would twist your head into a comment like yours. Both of our boys have travelled the west play on and against very talented teams, and your comment above is just asinine...
                    No issues. Just stating a fact. Most boys would choose sports over ballet, in part because ballet requires a higher level of committment and higher level of strength and conditioning.

Comment

Most boys never get anywhere near even seeing ballet, much less trying it & deciding not to do it because it is "too hard". Right or wrong, most boys consider ballet strictly for girls. Our popular sports for athletic boys in this country are football, baseball & basketball. Soccer is definitely hugely popular among all the younger kids but most of our best male athletes choose the traditional powerhouse boys sports as they get older. My young son and his friends play all the sports now but only one of the boys wants to be a pro soccer player when he grows up (he is tiny but very gifted in soccer). All the other boys talk about playing football, baseball and/or basketball when they're older and if they could go "pro".

Comment

No issues. Just stating a fact. Most boys would choose sports over ballet, in part because ballet requires a higher level of committment and higher level of strength and conditioning.
                        Yeah, keep telling yourself that there are no other boys in your son's ballet class because they are not as strong as your son. Same reason why most of them are moving from soccer to basketball and football.

Comment

If you don't have a DD then how do you know what occurs at girls games? You were grateful, after all, you have sons. As I said, I have both, and can speak to both types. Talk about having your head in the sand. The more you speak, the more you illustrate my point.
                          Wow dumb as a rock, you are.

1) I am not the OP of this thread. But I am the person you responded to.
                          2) I do have a DD and a DS
                          3) Every soccer complex, every weekend is loaded with girls and boys teams

I can walk past 150 crazy girl parents just to get to my son's field... every weekend, and sometimes during the week for practice. Sometimes I stop and watch in amazement as I listen to the anger, the venom spewed on the sidelines. I laugh (to myself) as I see crazy girl parents shred a 10 year old linesman. I guess I'm just more observant than you. I'm not saying it doesn't happen at boys games... however, it's about 10:1 ratio.

Comment

I can walk past 150 crazy girl parents just to get to my son's field... every weekend, and sometimes during the week for practice. Sometimes I stop and watch in amazement as I listen to the anger, the venom spewed on the sidelines. I laugh (to myself) as I see crazy girl parents shred a 10 year old linesman. I guess I'm just more observant than you. I'm not saying it doesn't happen at boys games... however, it's about 10:1 ratio.
                            Sure you do

Comment

Yeah, keep telling yourself that there are no other boys in your son's ballet class because they are not as strong as your son. Same reason why most of them are moving from soccer to basketball and football.
                              Don't have a son in ballet. I don't think he would last. Since you think it's so easy, go take a class sometime. You wouldn't make it 10 minutes. But then again, your glory days were back when you were in 5th grade when you were bigger than everyone and therefore were the star in all the sports. Your dad went around and bragged to everyone about how you would go to college in sports. Too bad everyone else caught up and passed you and by 11th grade, you had quit everything.

Comment

Perhaps it doesn't at the rec level. Perhaps, if you make it to premiere level boys soccer, you will see the rabid, crazy parents. A little suggestion, if you are not the OP, but want to chime in, make it clear so my comments will be more appropriate for you.

Here's another observation: people who resort to name calling (anonymously) in a forum irk this, usually do so because they have a penchant for exaggerating statements and don't have a reasoned answer when others (me) question them about it.

10:1 ratio? More observant? Laughable. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X