Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slow Xavi View Post
    This is interesting data. Westside with 11 in the semis is pretty dominating.

I don't find the data all that interesting only because I don't see any correlations.

Also, I read it as Westside entered 1 team and had 1 team advance. Rather than 11. That would be interesting. Are some people (Not you) trying to say that if a team doesn't have much of a chance to win a tournament that they should not participate? Tournaments can be fun... fun is good. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I don't find the data all that interesting only because I don't see any correlations.

Also, I read it as Westside entered 1 team and had 1 team advance. Rather than 11. That would be interesting. Are some people (Not you) trying to say that if a team doesn't have much of a chance to win a tournament that they should not participate? Tournaments can be fun... fun is good. :-)
      I thought it was interesting in part because of the different approaches clubs took.

Comment

Originally posted by Slow Xavi View Post
        I am not sure I am counting the same way you are: 42 out of 80 is what I am getting.
        I didn't actually calculate it. But thanks for doing that. My point really was that there were not very many teams so there was a very high percentage that a team would make the semi finals. Your numbers still emphasize that point.

Comment

I didn't actually calculate it. But thanks for doing that. My point really was that there were not very many teams so there was a very high percentage that a team would make the semi finals. Your numbers still emphasize that point.
          Hence the reason for some age groups not having semifinals.

Comment

Washington Timbers are showing well in the OYSA state cup. Semi finalist's

B03 Red
            G03 Red
            B02 Red
            G02 Red
            B01 Red
            G99 Green

Puts us right behind Westside as top Oregon clubs in the tournament.
            And now down to 2.

Comment

And now down to 2.
              Say it ain't so! Even FC Portland has 3 teams in the OYSA finals, and they only entered 6...

Comment

And now down to 2.
                Great job Vantucky!
                We are happy to have you.

Comment

Say it ain't so! Even FC Portland has 3 teams in the OYSA finals, and they only entered 6...
                  I'm happy that FCPDX recognizes the OYSA state cup as the true state cup. Now the question is- is the Predidents Cup slightly better than the OPL Cup? I think it might be

Comment

I'm happy that FCPDX recognizes the OYSA state cup as the true state cup. Now the question is- is the Predidents Cup slightly better than the OPL Cup? I think it might be
                    You're missing the point. FCP is a club that has less than 25% of the membership of the great Washington Timbers, yet consistently outperforms WT_FC at every turn. Being such a great club, shouldn't WT_FC have teams in EVERY final? Or are they really only one of many also-ran clubs out there? I think we all know the answer.

Comment

You're missing the point. FCP is a club that has less than 25% of the membership of the great Washington Timbers, yet consistently outperforms WT_FC at every turn. Being such a great club, shouldn't WT_FC have teams in EVERY final? Or are they really only one of many also-ran clubs out there? I think we all know the answer.
                      No you are missing MY point. OPL sucks so everyone wants in to OYSA... At least if you have a good team.

Is that true FCP only has 25% of the total membership of washT? I didn't realize it had weakened that much so fast. Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

No you are missing MY point. OPL sucks so everyone wants in to OYSA... At least if you have a good team.

Is that true FCP only has 25% of the total membership of washT? I didn't realize it had weakened that much so fast. Interesting. Thanks for sharing.
                        The reason is FCP doesn't have rec. teams.

Comment

Yeah, fcp has been slowly dwindling last 5-7 years. They still have a few good teams though. They used to be the place to be. Now just another club.

Comment

The reason is FCP doesn't have rec. teams.
                            And WashT doesn't have any competitive teams.

Comment

And now down to 2.
                              And now down to zero. 0-6. Does that still make you make one of the top clubs behind WS timbers?

Comment

And now down to zero. 0-6. Does that still make you make one of the top clubs behind WS timbers?
                                About the same number of cups they would have won if they'd stayed in WA. Except that they would have been done a week or two ago at the end of the group stages.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X