Pacific Revolution 03

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm kind of confused by this. Why would the parents leave? Same coach, same team, just $1000 more and have to run under the Timber's dictatorship.

An example of parents of 9 year olds freaking out about their future Mia Hamms.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I'm kind of confused by this. Why would the parents leave? Same coach, same team, just $1000 more and have to run under the Timber's dictatorship.

An example of parents of 9 year olds freaking out about their future Mia Hamms.
      I'm curious about whats going to happen.... Will they keep their team together and make a B team which is about the same level (personally i think thats a mistake) or will they make a true A team.

Part of the reason for them to go over is there is at least 4-5 players I have seen from the Timbers side that would be impacts on that rev team and make them even better. Plus if there goal long term is to get into bigger events then being in the bigger club helps quite a bit.

Comment

I'm curious about whats going to happen.... Will they keep their team together and make a B team which is about the same level (personally i think thats a mistake) or will they make a true A team.

Part of the reason for them to go over is there is at least 4-5 players I have seen from the Timbers side that would be impacts on that rev team and make them even better. Plus if there goal long term is to get into bigger events then being in the bigger club helps quite a bit.
        what do you mean by bigger events?
        Pacific FC constantly sends teams to Surf Cup each year....oh, wait, my bad.

If this is true it is a good move for them, obviously they are a good group of players that are in need of more resources.

Comment

Timbers do not develop players just recruit. This coach did not develop girls just recruited them. If history is any indication of future team will be done by u13. No real development with Bl or jc. That's why they don't stick with teams at older ages. There all smoke and mirrors.

Comment

Timbers do not develop players just recruit. This coach did not develop girls just recruited them. If history is any indication of future team will be done by u13. No real development with Bl or jc. That's why they don't stick with teams at older ages. There all smoke and mirrors.
            there are plenty of quality coaches that will oversee them :)
            if I'm not mistaken the teams that I've seen at u13 each year aren't bad....the '99's are a great team and play good soccer so your "future team will be done by u13" doesn't hold any water...in fact the current u13's and the u'12's aren't too bad either.....

Comment

Obviously you don't get out of the area to much to really understand good soccer. Look at what happened to teams in Vegas. Keep in you bubble. Timbers club is glorified select and this team of super stars at 10 will be another select team by early teens.

Comment

there are plenty of quality coaches that will oversee them :)
                if I'm not mistaken the teams that I've seen at u13 each year aren't bad....the '99's are a great team and play good soccer so your "future team will be done by u13" doesn't hold any water...in fact the current u13's and the u'12's aren't too bad either.....
                Uh, yeah. If you say so.

Comment

Dj = vcl

Comment

Uh, yeah. If you say so.
                    Ditto

Comment

Intent is to hold open tryouts at U11 but we all know how "open" those are. Could see an exodus of kids from WashT because of this. Sounds like the current U10 coaches and many parents aren't particularly overjoyed...

Comment

Intent is to hold open tryouts at U11 but we all know how "open" those are. Could see an exodus of kids from WashT because of this. Sounds like the current U10 coaches and many parents aren't particularly overjoyed...
                        I don't see an exodus happening to be honest. Their current "Red" team is pretty strong and only getting stronger right now. If they keep that pacific team together when they move over you will probably see a situation where for the next year you have basically 2 "A" teams. The current coach of the Red team is on the board of the club so don't expect him to get upset and leave. If this happens though you will basically have 2 A teams for a year and through that year with the two teams in the same club you will start to see clearly who the best players are on those two teams and the year after I would expect them to merge into a true top team.

Or at least that would be a decent way for to integrate if everything being said it true.

Comment

Everyone just needs to relax, if parents are worried it is only because they don't know these coaches. These guys are great.

Comment

I don't see an exodus happening to be honest. Their current "Red" team is pretty strong and only getting stronger right now. If they keep that pacific team together when they move over you will probably see a situation where for the next year you have basically 2 "A" teams. The current coach of the Red team is on the board of the club so don't expect him to get upset and leave. If this happens though you will basically have 2 A teams for a year and through that year with the two teams in the same club you will start to see clearly who the best players are on those two teams and the year after I would expect them to merge into a true top team.

Or at least that would be a decent way for to integrate if everything being said it true.
                            I have heard that the new coaches will have the top two teams and that the current Reds coach was asked to also be involved as an assistant. Sounds like they are really trying to do the right things. Also, that the coaches have talked to their teams and told them every position is open and all spots will need to be earned. Having all the top players in one pool is so good for SW Washington.
                            Timbers reds are getting better and there are several girls from the Reds that would really make a difference on a combined team. Also some current Pacific players that will benefit from being moved to the second team that will also be really really good. If they can pull this off I say look out this could be an amazing group for a long long time.

Comment

I have heard that the new coaches will have the top two teams and that the current Reds coach was asked to also be involved as an assistant. Sounds like they are really trying to do the right things. Also, that the coaches have talked to their teams and told them every position is open and all spots will need to be earned. Having all the top players in one pool is so good for SW Washington.
                              Timbers reds are getting better and there are several girls from the Reds that would really make a difference on a combined team. Also some current Pacific players that will benefit from being moved to the second team that will also be really really good. If they can pull this off I say look out this could be an amazing group for a long long time.
                              Yeah maybe, but no where near the talent of Onyx.

Comment

Yeah maybe, but no where near the talent of Onyx.
                                Maybe not, that is a special group and don't know any NW team that does. Still very exciting for us in the Couv to get a player pool like this could be, very rare for us.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X