Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So a well funded professional Timbers team with international players suck so bad we have to compare them to a women's team from one country? Really?
    Not one country you Euro wank. USA baby!!!! Where women's soccer rules and boys play also.

Comment

Not one country you Euro wank. USA baby!!!! Where women's soccer rules and boys play also.
      And yet 99.9% of the money still flows to the men you wank. But yes, GO USA!!!!

Comment

And yet 99.9% of the money still flows to the men you wank. But yes, GO USA!!!!
        It's nice to see the men's side approach rellivence. Hope they can stay on that path.

Comment

It's nice to see the men's side approach rellivence. Hope they can stay on that path.
          I wonder if women's soccer will be relevant one day. It's possible I suppose. I guess relevant is a relative term.

Comment

I wonder if women's soccer will be relevant one day. It's possible I suppose. I guess relevant is a relative term.
            The TV ratings for the USNWT final's match will dwarf anything you'll see stateside from men's soccer. I'd call that relevant.

Comment

The TV ratings for the USNWT final's match will dwarf anything you'll see stateside from men's soccer. I'd call that relevant.
              Thanks. Now can you grab some data comparing mens USA World Cup to women's usa World Cup. Or shall we compare Thorns vs Timbers?

I mean I have a daughter and all but I'm not delusional. This is a dumb debate. I'm bored. Bye.

Comment

Thanks. Now can you grab some data comparing mens USA World Cup to women's usa World Cup. Or shall we compare Thorns vs Timbers?

I mean I have a daughter and all but I'm not delusional. This is a dumb debate. I'm bored. Bye.
                I think that comparing the viewing audience in USA for Womens final against the viewing audience for men's last game of world cup would be a fair comparison. It would be interesting if nothing else. Will the women have more viewers?

Comment

I think that comparing the viewing audience in USA for Womens final against the viewing audience for men's last game of world cup would be a fair comparison. It would be interesting if nothing else. Will the women have more viewers?
                  I'm a different poster. With all due respect, that is not an apples to apples comparison even though the men's last game will still be higher. The men's final game was in the middle of the week on a work day, I believe a quarterfinal. The women's final game is the final (good job to them I'll be watching! Go USA!), and lands at the perfect time for viewership... A holiday weekend, friends and family together, the day after the 4th of July! What a perfect way to celebrate the 4th than a nation supporting the U S of A!

And yet still, I would imagine the men's game against Belgium will still be higher viewership. It's just reality.

Comment

"Austrailia rips US soccer (while home after being eliminated)"

That's a more appropriate title.

Sorry I did read any of the thread. Just thought it was funny that a team that was eliminated is suddenly an expert on soccer quality, from the comfort of their living room.

Comment

"Austrailia rips US soccer (while home after being eliminated)"

That's a more appropriate title.

Sorry I did read any of the thread. Just thought it was funny that a team that was eliminated is suddenly an expert on soccer quality, from the comfort of their living room.
                      Well just like so many of the nay sayers on this thread who are ripping the US team for playing poorly, playing ugly soccer, winning because of the refs, .... well, the US team has allowed one goal the entire tournament. That's not luck. It's because of that kind of defense that the US is in the title game. So suck it haters. Move to Canada.

Comment

Well just like so many of the nay sayers on this thread who are ripping the US team for playing poorly, playing ugly soccer, winning because of the refs, .... well, the US team has allowed one goal the entire tournament. That's not luck. It's because of that kind of defense that the US is in the title game. So suck it haters. Move to Canada.
                        Most of the comments have been that particular calls were bad. Not that the US is winning because of the refs. There have been some bad calls that have affected games.

You seem very upset about it. It's not a big deal.

Comment

I'm a different poster. With all due respect, that is not an apples to apples comparison even though the men's last game will still be higher. The men's final game was in the middle of the week on a work day, I believe a quarterfinal. The women's final game is the final (good job to them I'll be watching! Go USA!), and lands at the perfect time for viewership... A holiday weekend, friends and family together, the day after the 4th of July! What a perfect way to celebrate the 4th than a nation supporting the U S of A!

And yet still, I would imagine the men's game against Belgium will still be higher viewership. It's just reality.
                          While the viewership will be interesting this really started based on a comment that women's soccer would never be relevant! Somehow relevant got equated to better quality than men's soccer. No the women's team can't compete directly with the men's team, that is a stupid comparison. But, if the women can drive that kind of support, viewership and sponsorship, no one can argue whether they are relevant!

Comment

While the viewership will be interesting this really started based on a comment that women's soccer would never be relevant! Somehow relevant got equated to better quality than men's soccer. No the women's team can't compete directly with the men's team, that is a stupid comparison. But, if the women can drive that kind of support, viewership and sponsorship, no one can argue whether they are relevant!
                            I would say that the women's national team is relevant. We can get behind our country. To be fair, that's where it ends for women's soccer. At least for now. Go USA!

Comment

I would say that the women's national team is relevant. We can get behind our country. To be fair, that's where it ends for women's soccer. At least for now. Go USA!
                              Real fair weather fan. You are irrelevant.

Comment

Real fair weather fan. You are irrelevant.
                                Thank you. Nice to be appreciated.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X