Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's been said before, but FC doesn't take spring season seriously, they literally use it for development.

They will do well. The age group above them was going to get regulated after their U13 season. Then turn around and win some cups (super, split state), do well in WCDA, get to the semi's in NWCL, do well in ECNL and be ranked 3rd through 1st for three states in the lastPlanet rankings. The O1's at FC have a much better base to start from then that team.
    I wrote FC doesn't take 'spring' season seriously, in regards to the comment they didn't do well in OYSA (which, didn't they play spring season there?).
    I don't even have a dd at FC, just relaying info. I'm sure they took State Cup seriously.

However my dd has good two very good friends on the 00' ECNL team and we have watched them play both prior to and after entering ECNL and my point was that the O1's have a much better 'base' of players to start from then the age above them. In fact, there was one, maybe two, 01 girls playing with the 00's last ECNL season that will come back down. And it sounds like they had a good number of new players at tryouts. So they're going to be pretty damn good.

Comment

Since when is 4th place OYSA disappointing? What is wrong with you? Just let the kids play for goodness sake. Being an overbearing patent will backfire on you.
      Nobody said it was disappointing. It was third place by the way. You should take your foot out of your mouth mister.

Comment

What's CFC Zenith?

Comment

You have nothing better to do but lurk here and call people out for being immature awful people? Glass houses baby....
          You should talk. Your on this chat room too.

Comment

What's CFC Zenith?
            CFC Red

Comment

Thanks Eastside parent! Are you gonna do some cookies in the parking lot while laying on the horn after the win? Wish I could be there to see that.

http://blog.nj.com/beach/2007/08/1702170.gif
              whoo hoo!!

Comment

What's CFC Zenith?
                It's the first color TV ever on the market

Comment

It's the first color TV ever on the market
                  The have color TV in Salem? Who knew?

Comment

The maturity level seems to be dragging low. Bored?

Comment

Discussion moved here from G02 thread.

Thanks Elite club marketing director.

There are a ton of top players at those clubs.

ETFC CFC WUSC Vancouver Bend.

More than playing on the two teams playing in the EC league by far.

You keep bringing up cfc losing a player but last I heard she is still full time at cfc. Guesting/discovery maybe.

About 1/3 of the top players in Oregon are playing on teams in the EC league.
                      So let's use your numbers and see where they take us. Let's assume there are roughly 45 players on the two ECNL teams (actual number is pretty close to that). All of these players previously played on teams in the top division of Oregon soccer, so they aren't "rec" players. They are clearly among the "top" players in the area. If these 45 players represent only 30% of the "top" players in the state then, by your definition, there are 150 "top" players in the state, or enough to create more than 8 teams of 18 players. I think we all know that there are not 8 teams worth of "top" players in Oregon. Many people believe there aren't enough "top" players to properly fill 1 ECNL team, let alone 2! Just looking at history (team results, ODP, etc.) there aren't more than 3 teams worth, at most. Given that, the ECNL teams currently contain around 70% of the "top" players. But if you think there are 6 more teams worth of "ECNL caliber" players out there, show us your hypothetical rosters. I'd really like to see who you think these 105 players are.

Where are these 105 "top" players going to come from?

Eastside? Always a mid to lower premier division team and they've already lost their 2 best players to ECNL and their GK to track. Maybe 1 or 2 to pick from there.

WT_FC? Worse team than Eastside and they've already lost 2 of their 3 best players to ECNL. Maybe 1 player left that could play ECNL.

BSC? The best players they had are already on ECNL rosters.

THUSC? 5 best players are on ECNL rosters. Might be 1 more to pick from there.

WUSC? 6 best players are on ECNL rosters. Maybe 2-3 more to pick from.

Lake O? "A" team is completely gone. 3 best players are on ECNL rosters.

FC Navy? Do you really think these players would be on Navy if they were good enough for ECNL? Maybe 1-2 to pick from.

RV Timbers? A team that had only 4 wins in an entire year can't be stacked with a full roster of "top" talent. Maybe 1-2 to pick from.

Bend Timbers? I'll give you 2-3 maximum.

Eugene Timbers? Possibly 4-5 "top" players. No more than that. BTW, will the new coach change their style of play and stop "parking the bus" all season long?

CFC Timbers? Top player is already on an ECNL roster (there are no "guest" players in ECNL). There are 4-5 other players that in their midfield and defense that could play on an ECNL team.

So, that gives a grand total of somewhere between 17 and 24 "top" players that aren't already on ECNL rosters, giving the ECNL teams 65% and 73% of the "top" talent in Oregon, and well over 80% of the "top" talent in the Portland metro area.

Comment

What's CFC Zenith?
                        A team that has reached it's highest point and will now start to decline. Isn't that what "Zenith" means? Seems an appropriate name.

Comment

Discussion moved here from G02 thread.

So let's use your numbers and see where they take us. Let's assume there are roughly 45 players on the two ECNL teams (actual number is pretty close to that). All of these players previously played on teams in the top division of Oregon soccer, so they aren't "rec" players. They are clearly among the "top" players in the area. If these 45 players represent only 30% of the "top" players in the state then, by your definition, there are 150 "top" players in the state, or enough to create more than 8 teams of 18 players. I think we all know that there are not 8 teams worth of "top" players in Oregon. Many people believe there aren't enough "top" players to properly fill 1 ECNL team, let alone 2! Just looking at history (team results, ODP, etc.) there aren't more than 3 teams worth, at most. Given that, the ECNL teams currently contain around 70% of the "top" players. But if you think there are 6 more teams worth of "ECNL caliber" players out there, show us your hypothetical rosters. I'd really like to see who you think these 105 players are.

Where are these 105 "top" players going to come from?

Eastside? Always a mid to lower premier division team and they've already lost their 2 best players to ECNL and their GK to track. Maybe 1 or 2 to pick from there.

WT_FC? Worse team than Eastside and they've already lost 2 of their 3 best players to ECNL. Maybe 1 player left that could play ECNL.

BSC? The best players they had are already on ECNL rosters.

THUSC? 5 best players are on ECNL rosters. Might be 1 more to pick from there.

WUSC? 6 best players are on ECNL rosters. Maybe 2-3 more to pick from.

Lake O? "A" team is completely gone. 3 best players are on ECNL rosters.

FC Navy? Do you really think these players would be on Navy if they were good enough for ECNL? Maybe 1-2 to pick from.

RV Timbers? A team that had only 4 wins in an entire year can't be stacked with a full roster of "top" talent. Maybe 1-2 to pick from.

Bend Timbers? I'll give you 2-3 maximum.

Eugene Timbers? Possibly 4-5 "top" players. No more than that. BTW, will the new coach change their style of play and stop "parking the bus" all season long?

CFC Timbers? Top player is already on an ECNL roster (there are no "guest" players in ECNL). There are 4-5 other players that in their midfield and defense that could play on an ECNL team.

So, that gives a grand total of somewhere between 17 and 24 "top" players that aren't already on ECNL rosters, giving the ECNL teams 65% and 73% of the "top" talent in Oregon, and well over 80% of the "top" talent in the Portland metro area.

Interesting premise but your logic is flawed. Not every player on an ECNL roster is a "top" player. Some make it because they have the money and spots need to be filled. So if you are calling every ECNL player a "top" player simply because they came from a non rec team, then there probably are WAY more than 105 "top" players in the state.

Comment

Interesting premise but your logic is flawed. Not every player on an ECNL roster is a "top" player. Some make it because they have the money and spots need to be filled. So if you are calling every ECNL player a "top" player simply because they came from a non rec team, then there probably are WAY more than 105 "top" players in the state.
                            If they weren't "top" players then your DD would have taken their spot instead, right? Believe all the Timbers Alliance clown marketing you want, but you could put together a team of the 18 best non-ECNL players in Oregon and they wouldn't stand a chance against either ECNL team. Hard truth to realize for people like you but a truth nonetheless.

Comment

If they weren't "top" players then your DD would have taken their spot instead, right? Believe all the Timbers Alliance clown marketing you want, but you could put together a team of the 18 best non-ECNL players in Oregon and they wouldn't stand a chance against either ECNL team. Hard truth to realize for people like you but a truth nonetheless.
                              If the ECNL teams were staffed with 100% top players then they would absolutely have performed better. Don't kid yourself at least 40% of the players on the existing ECNL teams are NOT top talent and are in fact filler. They are necessary since there is not enough top talent to fill two teams at each age level in the entire state and players are not likely to travel to PDX to play on some of the worst ECNL teams in the country. If they are good they will target better teams... similar to the past when players went to Washington and Colorado.

It seems strange to me that given the performance of the ECNL teams that you don't see the flawed logic. If we had 1 ECNL club I think you would see most of the top talent there. As it is there isn't a good option.

Comment

To say that you couldn't pull 18 kids from the non encl teams and be competitive against either ecnl team is crazy, going by what the previous poster said you could pull 4-5 from Eugene and another 3-4 from cfc and atleast 3 from ***c, and 3 from Est, and 2 from Navy and another from fcsc that plays up and even 1-2 from Bend or Medford and that's 20 plus that I believe would compete with either ecnl team. Fc added like 9 kids to their in for Ecnl and cu is all new kids that need to learn to play together all from different styles. None of the teams the cu kids came from were powerhouses to start with. It's not an alliance v ecnl thing for me, I just believe to be really elite there should only be one team at this age group. But there is enough top Oregon/swwa girls to make three teams to compete with each other.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X