Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Congrats to Nemesis for moving on to the quarterfinals at the Regional Championships. It was 0-0 into the second but they got the first goal, which they deserved, and took care of business. Westside made it tougher than I thought and had a couple of good looks on goal, but not enough firepower in the end. Nemesis deserved to move on, no doubt.

The truth is, none of your Oregon girls teams in this age group would have gotten out of this group. Eastside was the only one with a chance and they imploded. The rest of the OYSA & OPL would have gone home in 3 games. You are fools to think otherwise. Try traveling outside the borders of your state sometime and test yourself against top regional teams. It is the best way for your players to improve. Playing those junky Oregon tournaments past U12 is a waste of money.

I give credit to your Oregon teams who showed up knowing they were heavy underdogs. At least they took a shot. It is more than can be said for all of you sour and bitter posters
    Fcpdx's current '00 ECNL Roster wouldn't get out of bracket at regionals either

Comment

That's too bad. They had a nice team with that group last year. That was the one team in the state in this age group which could have done big things out of state. Just more fracturing of talent I assume and the race to mediocrity for all of these girls teams.

It is why I find the posts on here so ridiculous. Once outside the borders of Oregon none of these teams are particularly strong. At least a few of the teams are trying to get out of this backwater and test themselves. It is just that they are all underpowered to make any real headway.

Comment

I understand they lost their top center mid to an older age group, but I also heard that they picked up some new players from Eastside and other clubs. Did they lose other top players as well? At any other club, they might change their style of play to adjust to the new personnel, but FC has their way of doing things and the new players will need to fit in. Who knows, maybe they end up being stronger defensively even if they aren't as high powered on offense.

Comment

Since there weren't there we won't know. However, we do know that the vaunted 'top' girls teams from OYSA were there and get it handed to them. (One exception CFC U13). However, to make a sweeping assessment with no data is pretty absurd. They will have a record soon enough and then we will know.

Comment

I understand they lost their top center mid to an older age group, but I also heard that they picked up some new players from Eastside and other clubs. Did they lose other top players as well? At any other club, they might change their style of play to adjust to the new personnel, but FC has their way of doing things and the new players will need to fit in. Who knows, maybe they end up being stronger defensively even if they aren't as high powered on offense.
            You understand incorrectly. Their best center went to Crossfire Premier in WA. The rest were solid players but not impact players. They filled that gap left with more non-impact players that don't know the style of play at FC. Very short term there will be some growing pains, long term they will be O.K. Statistically, defensively there were fine, but there is no harm improving, and offensively is where they were lacking. If they can shore up the defense, it may allow one of the more dynamic players play mid or forward and that would be an improvement over last year.

Comment

They surely would not have done worse the Westside TS 00's at FWRL that's for sure.

Comment

They surely would not have done worse the Westside TS 00's at FWRL that's for sure.
                You seem to have an obsession with this team since you post about them every chance you get. So, did they cut your daughter or does she play for one of the other Oregon teams that has either fallen apart (Eastside) or failed to qualify themselves for the Regional Championships?

I get your frustration as the Westside team are not anything close to fantastic, but they must be better than your daughter's team for you to obsess over them so much.

Bro, they may have lost 3 games at Regionals but you are clearly losing the game of life. Pretty pathetic one you are living to stalk 13-14 year olds.

Comment

You seem to have an obsession with this team since you post about them every chance you get. So, did they cut your daughter or does she play for one of the other Oregon teams that has either fallen apart (Eastside) or failed to qualify themselves for the Regional Championships?

I get your frustration as the Westside team are not anything close to fantastic, but they must be better than your daughter's team for you to obsess over them so much.

Bro, they may have lost 3 games at Regionals but you are clearly losing the game of life. Pretty pathetic one you are living to stalk 13-14 year olds.
                  No, I just think sending a 4th place, OYSA / split league, finisher is 'pathetic'. Why not just set up some friendlies with the local ECNL teams? Cost a lot less.

Comment

No, I just think sending a 4th place, OYSA / split league, finisher is 'pathetic'. Why not just set up some friendlies with the local ECNL teams? Cost a lot less.
                    Thanks for proving the point that you are an idiot. Now go back down into your mom's basement and finish doing her laundry.

Comment

Thanks for proving the point that you are an idiot. Now go back down into your mom's basement and finish doing her laundry.
                      Done. But unfortunately nothing has changed in FWRL. Realty bites.

Comment

That depends on which team FC took. If they took last years team, they probably would have fared better but from the grumblings, defections and additions, I suspect FC would have produced similar results.

Comment

That depends on which team FC took. If they took last years team, they probably would have fared better but from the grumblings, defections and additions, I suspect FC would have produced similar results.
                          FCPDX '00's are still 1-0 better than Westside cops but they are weakened.
                          FCPDX is really struggling at this age group. It is going to be a long year.

Comment

Taking ECNL teams out of the list & considering the changes to the various teams, what are predicted '00 team rankings in a combined OYSA this fall?

Comment

Taking ECNL teams out of the list & considering the changes to the various teams, what are predicted '00 team rankings in a combined OYSA this fall?
                              Hard to say until we see how many 00's accept spots on Thorns Academy. When are they going to post a roster?

Comment

FCPDX '00's are still 1-0 better than Westside cops but they are weakened.
                                FCPDX is really struggling at this age group. It is going to be a long year.
                                Only if you are talking about FCPDX's ECNL team, their 'navy' team at this age isn't very good and westside as bad as they did in FWRL are still a better team then Navy. Even their ECNL team is going to take a hit this year. CU's ECNL team will finish the ECNL season with a better record.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X