Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    And how is that the fault of any of the leagues? Believe me, if GDA where cut in half these parents would complain that their kids are missing out.
    Proof of quality is in the pudding. DA is pretending they're Starbucks when they're really Dunkin Donuts. They're trying to be exclusive but they're not.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      And how is that the fault of any of the leagues? Believe me, if GDA where cut in half these parents would complain that their kids are missing out.
      The expectation going in was that it was cut in half with double birth years.

Comment

The expectation going in was that it was cut in half with double birth years.
        Is it USSF or the clubs that are pushing this? My guess would be the clubs.

Comment

DA pretends it's so much more than what it is. Yes most players are there for college but DA refuses to acknowledge that.
          Correction, US Soccer avoids it in everything they communicate, market, etc., but the staffs of the DA member clubs aren't shy about it at all. Selling the college dream is their pitch.

Comment

Proof of quality is in the pudding. DA is pretending they're Starbucks when they're really Dunkin Donuts. They're trying to be exclusive but they're not.
            If you want DA to be exclusive then all you need to do is pull your kid out.

Comment

Our problem is our devotion to constantly try to 'thin the heard". Until we get to the point where we are awesome at selecting talent early on it is in our best interests to keep as many viable players in a system where high quality coaching and competitive environments are provided.

The problem isn't the leagues, its the parents that see playing college soccer as the end game. You cant attract only the best who want to be the worlds best when 99% of the players are in the game only for college. Blame U.S. Soccer all you want but you are still going to take your non .0001% player to the primary league to get scouted by colleges regardless of what the mission of the league is but that is somehow the leagues fault.
              Sorry, and not that I disagree with you, but you're moving the goal posts on behalf of GDA. They were very clear leading up to and at the launch with respect to why the more exclusive, closed and structured 10-month environment was necessary to ensure proper development. Can't have it both ways, but just wait and see how these clubs start spinning it. LOL

Comment

Sorry, and not that I disagree with you, but you're moving the goal posts on behalf of GDA. They were very clear leading up to and at the launch with respect to why the more exclusive, closed and structured 10-month environment was necessary to ensure proper development. Can't have it both ways, but just wait and see how these clubs start spinning it. LOL
                Again, just take your kid out of the program if you want it to be elite.

Comment

Again, just take your kid out of the program if you want it to be elite.
                  To leave room for your daughter? Or did you pay in advance for that spot?

Comment

To leave room for your daughter? Or did you pay in advance for that spot?
                    I'm not as offended that your kid is in DA as you are.

Comment

I'm not as offended that your kid is in DA as you are.
                      Not the OP, pal. I just thought you were an ***** and proved easy to confirm.

Comment

Not the OP, pal. I just thought you were an ***** and proved easy to confirm.
                        My kid is in DA and I don't care if your kid is in DA or not. I just find it funny that people complain about how elite the league is supposedly when for 99% of the parents out there they really don't care about the National Team ambitions. If you honestly are concerned that the DA really develops a World Cup team then I am almost certain that your 2% player is not helping the cause to that end and you should pull your kid out of DA instead of wasting the time of the .0001% players in the league.

But you won't pull your kids and I won't pull mine either. And I would rather you not pull your kid because she is still a good player and likely makes my kid a better player too.

Comment

If you want DA to be exclusive then all you need to do is pull your kid out.
                          They should just make it smaller. You can't be everything to everyone. I'm grateful for the opportunities it has provided my player (college), however, it is a very flawed system for what it purports to do.

Comment

They should just make it smaller. You can't be everything to everyone. I'm grateful for the opportunities it has provided my player (college), however, it is a very flawed system for what it purports to do.
                            We are to big a country geographically to make it smaller.

Comment

Our problem is our devotion to constantly try to 'thin the heard". Until we get to the point where we are awesome at selecting talent early on it is in our best interests to keep as many viable players in a system where high quality coaching and competitive environments are provided.
                              It is impossible to select the eventual bestest "elite" players early on. The top clubs in the world, spending millions, miss more than they hit. US soccer needs to widen its reach and improve coaching and playing opportunities for as many talented players as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                                it is impossible to select the eventual bestest "elite" players early on. The top clubs in the world, spending millions, miss more than they hit. Us soccer needs to widen its reach and improve coaching and playing opportunities for as many talented players as possible.
                                exactly

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X