Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ghana should've won this game

Shoulda, woulda, coulda......

They didn't win. The US won.

Move on.

Comment

I really like this group, your Opnions gentleman.
      Didn't know that Cam Newton posted on talking soccer.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;Ghana should've won this game[/QUOTE]

I respect your opinion but you must be African , African decent or just dont like Americans to succeed, i can tell you everyone in Ghana was routing for Ghana to win no matter how they played but hey ina nutshell i should have won the lottery not that 80 year old lady in Georgia .

Look I've been watching African teams for years and i really believed an African nation would have won the cup by 2014 already but man o man such selfish players that they are, no discipline from the coach, the players believe they are the chocolate Messi of soccer, they play for themselves to get identified with no communication on the field aside from when they complain about their teammates play,... so i gave up on Team playing with those countries because they dont give a Shat its as simple as that.

Soccer is 11, its a team game. So im sorry to rant i just didn't see what you saw.

Comment

I respect your opinion but you must be African , African decent or just dont like Americans to succeed, i can tell you everyone in Ghana was routing for Ghana to win no matter how they played but hey ina nutshell i should have won the lottery not that 80 year old lady in Georgia .

Look I've been watching African teams for years and i really believed an African nation would have won the cup by 2014 already but man o man such selfish players that they are, no discipline from the coach, the players believe they are the chocolate Messi of soccer, they play for themselves to get identified with no communication on the field aside from when they complain about their teammates play,... so i gave up on Team playing with those countries because they dont give a Shat its as simple as that.

Soccer is 11, its a team game. So im sorry to rant i just didn't see what you saw.

lol that's putting it lightly, the nation is as corrupt as anything so it doesn't surprise me of the personal strive of the players maybe Genetic.

Comment

Thank you for this and to be honest i hate these guys coming on here bashing Americans , if you like Ghana i then go there or go back id love to pay for it, im proud of these boys and i hope they go all the way.

Make America Great again, Not Ghana.

Comment

Thank you for this and to be honest i hate these guys coming on here bashing Americans , if you like Ghana i then go there or go back id love to pay for it, im proud of these boys and i hope they go all the way.

Make America Great again, Not Ghana.
              Not to mention fake birth certificates, do you really believe any of those nations.
              There's grandchildren at home rooting for these guys.

Comment

This xenophopic nonsense kills the conversation. On a US team that has several players clearly of African descent. Any chance we keep it to soccer as opposed to some of the cliched nonsense Im reading about Ghanain players ? Its insulting the game we all love. Andrew Carleton can be a selfish player as well. hes not Ghanaian. Tim Weah could easily be playing for Liberia like his father did

Comment

This xenophopic nonsense kills the conversation. On a US team that has several players clearly of African descent. Any chance we keep it to soccer as opposed to some of the cliched nonsense Im reading about Ghanain players ? Its insulting the game we all love. Andrew Carleton can be a selfish player as well. hes not Ghanaian. Tim Weah could easily be playing for Liberia like his father did
                  I beg to differ! Nothing Xenophopic about criticizing an African soccer team, Defined as”fear of other people from other countries” which is the definition of Xenophobic, so which of these posts make you believe fear was the topic?

Now you see why the Orange man is in the White House, maybe most got tired of everything being racially questioned.

I don’t see anything being nonsense, it is a fact that the Majority if not all the African nations are corrupt as hell and that’s not only me saying that but our previous President Barack Obama went to The Nation and said it himself.

Also there was nothing said in any of the previous postings that related to color, so bringing in the US Black player and identifying him with Liberia as if we should be ever so grateful was racial on your part. I also don’t know why you only mentioned Andrew as being a greedy player because that only proves that he maybe the only one on the US team to play for himself as the topic was discussing that the Ghanaian team as a whole played for themselves , therefore you have no idea what your talking about.

It’s quite obvious people are fed up of the bashing on TS in regards to the American players and it’s literally un heard of in other countries when it comes to “ NATIONAL events but locally yes absolutely ! Even riots in some towns But on the world stage they come together as one
                  Here I find people to be supportive of the opposing team even when there’s no affiliation with the opposing country it’s not right and what was said before is correct , Ghanaian people in Ghana are 99.99% in full support of their players and so should we with ours.

Enuf said.

Make America Great Again.

Comment

I beg to differ! Nothing Xenophopic about criticizing an African soccer team, Defined as”fear of other people from other countries” which is the definition of Xenophobic, so which of these posts make you believe fear was the topic?

Now you see why the Orange man is in the White House, maybe most got tired of everything being racially questioned.

I don’t see anything being nonsense, it is a fact that the Majority if not all the African nations are corrupt as hell and that’s not only me saying that but our previous President Barack Obama went to The Nation and said it himself.

Also there was nothing said in any of the previous postings that related to color, so bringing in the US Black player and identifying him with Liberia as if we should be ever so grateful was racial on your part. I also don’t know why you only mentioned Andrew as being a greedy player because that only proves that he maybe the only one on the US team to play for himself as the topic was discussing that the Ghanaian team as a whole played for themselves , therefore you have no idea what your talking about.

It’s quite obvious people are fed up of the bashing on TS in regards to the American players and it’s literally un heard of in other countries when it comes to “ NATIONAL events but locally yes absolutely ! Even riots in some towns But on the world stage they come together as one
                    Here I find people to be supportive of the opposing team even when there’s no affiliation with the opposing country it’s not right and what was said before is correct , Ghanaian people in Ghana are 99.99% in full support of their players and so should we with ours.

Enuf said.

Different poster

You make a lot of sense in regards to casual fans bashing US men's teams. Those fans drive me up a wall. I am okay with your commentary on African teams as that's been historically true. However keep in mind Ghana has had the USs number in the World Cup

But please if you are serious about having a soccer conversation don't use the tag line of Make America Great. Usage of that phrase brings a lot of Trump baggage into the conversation. Perhaps it's funny to some but it's not to others.

Comment

Enuf said.

So the US is not corrupt? You are IN the US, so you will see criticism of US teams. Go to England and you will see criticism of the English team. Its how forums work. I did not say you should be grateful. I brought him up becasue Liberia is corrupt no? and he is African. So is he selfish too? I brought up Carleton simply because he came to mind. LIke every player they cam all be selfish. To characterize Ghana as that is just wrong. Was Micahel Essien selfish?

Everyone can have an opinion and it does not have to be based on nationalistic blind allegiance. Its ok to want the US to win and be critical

Comment

Different poster

You make a lot of sense in regards to casual fans bashing US men's teams. Those fans drive me up a wall. I am okay with your commentary on African teams as that's been historically true. However keep in mind Ghana has had the USs number in the World Cup

But please if you are serious about having a soccer conversation don't use the tag line of Make America Great. Usage of that phrase brings a lot of Trump baggage into the conversation. Perhaps it's funny to some but it's not to others.
                        Out of interest, how much historical analysis have you done to come to that conclusion ?

Comment

Different poster

Personally I don't care if my quotes, a saying or paragraph is considered funny to some and not to others, I'm not a comedian or a cartoon writer this is TS for christs sake do you really think I care how my post is taken?

I called our newly elected President Orange man, did you make a comment about that? No!
                          I also mentioned Barack Obama in a nice way without using his middle name which would send the wrong message, did you comment anything positive there either ? No!
                          But you decided to spotlight the quote "Make America Great Again" which has no racial or discrimination tone whatsoever and since the US is made of all and of multiple ethnicity we all seek for it's success , and this is a America right?
                          If I ended with " Make Ghana great again " how does that sound as we reside here in the US.

Look you can wave any flag of a native country I have no problem with that but don't tell me as an American I shouldn't say I'm proud to be one! I also won't standby and read comments on TS degrading and belittling our US soccer players.
                          Bad playing is one thing and that's a discussion when a US team looses but hoping for that or comments like " Ghana should've won" is not a poster wanting the US to succeed and granted if the poster is Ghanian so be it but I can tell you I'd get an earful if I posted a similar quote on a Ghanian thread in Ghana.

Make America great again.

Comment

Personally I don't care if my quotes, a saying or paragraph is considered funny to some and not to others, I'm not a comedian or a cartoon writer this is TS for christs sake do you really think I care how my post is taken?

I called our newly elected President Orange man, did you make a comment about that? No!
                            I also mentioned Barack Obama in a nice way without using his middle name which would send the wrong message, did you comment anything positive there either ? No!
                            But you decided to spotlight the quote "Make America Great Again" which has no racial or discrimination tone whatsoever and since the US is made of all and of multiple ethnicity we all seek for it's success , and this is a America right?
                            If I ended with " Make Ghana great again " how does that sound as we reside here in the US.

Look you can wave any flag of a native country I have no problem with that but don't tell me as an American I shouldn't say I'm proud to be one! I also won't standby and read comments on TS degrading and belittling our US soccer players.
                            Bad playing is one thing and that's a discussion when a US team looses but hoping for that or comments like " Ghana should've won" is not a poster wanting the US to succeed and granted if the poster is Ghanian so be it but I can tell you I'd get an earful if I posted a similar quote on a Ghanian thread in Ghana.

Make America great again.
                            Terrific ... I saw that you called out Trump and made comment about

I am not saying for you not to be a proud US citizen or to cheer for Ghana. I too will always cheer for the US. I want to have a civilized discussion about US soccer and it's place in the world

I also commented on your soccer input in a positive way

I merely asked in a polite way because I believe that the MAGA statement derides any soccer argument you may have to a large population. It has become so politicized and inflames the reader. Perhaps that's the point of you utilizing it but I want to give you the benefit of doubt

The MAGA proclamation misses a very important point ... America has and will always been great

Comment

So the US is not corrupt? You are IN the US, so you will see criticism of US teams. Go to England and you will see criticism of the English team. Its how forums work. I did not say you should be grateful. I brought him up becasue Liberia is corrupt no? and he is African. So is he selfish too? I brought up Carleton simply because he came to mind. LIke every player they cam all be selfish. To characterize Ghana as that is just wrong. Was Micahel Essien selfish?

Everyone can have an opinion and it does not have to be based on nationalistic blind allegiance. Its ok to want the US to win and be critical

Being Corrupt in the US carries a heavy criminal price friend and it's definitely not the Norm here that's for sure, in fact we have a Whistleblowing agency that rewards you for info like that so get your dough and be proud but Asking if there's corruption here was not the OPs argument and comparing it to those African nations where leaders are starving their own people to enjoy Steak dinners is insulting at the very least.

As for England and their support for the English team the OP answered that quite well actually , he or she clearly mentioned that local teams become quite violent as rivalries heat up but even in England as they seek so desperately for a WC the English are in full support for the National Team it's a make up that carries their favorite players from across the premier league, now granted once there's a loss the criticism is harsh but which country doesn't have that to contend with, believe it if England is playing a rival country and you happen to be a supporter of that opposing team in an English Pub around drunk Englishmen in England and they loose I wouldn't wanna be you.

Comment

The OP said nearly all of those African teams play selfish and he's right, watch the game fool.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X